TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you indicolite. I misunderstood that then. I thought she meant grandmother did get custody and they are now hoping for answers. So has a custody decision not been made yet, then?
She mentioned it would be one to two weeks for the decision but since last Thursday was a holiday, there’s a good chance it hasn’t been decided yet. I imagine they will hear from the Judge this coming week.

he recently started paying before she disappeared, prisma has had full custody since he was born, he had visitation rights but never bothered to come see his son, up until it was on the news she was missing, then all of sudden he wants his son
Ok, to me, that sounds very hinky. He started paying just before she disappeared? Yet he never came to see his son, but suddenly wants custody? That scares me. Fight tooth and nail to keep that child safe. I hate to go there, but, if his comment about not wanting to pay child support to the grandmother is true, then I worry about this child, who was clearly not wanted by this man in the past. That sounds very suspicious to me!

Has the family had any updates from LE? I realize LE can't share info about an ongoing case but they can say they are still looking for her. Are they still looking? What do they think? What do they believe or suspect?

I have not checked in some days and was hoping by now there would be some news and see there has not been.

Still hoping and praying for Prisma and her son/family.
The father has to skype 3 times a week, gets his son for part of summer, pay child support, if he does all this he will get him for Christmas vacation, along with talking with child phycologist to determine best interest of telling prismas son about her disappearance, after all this the judge will look at giving custody to the father, neither parties shall have alcohol or drugs around the child, so grandmother has custody for now

The father has to skype 3 times a week, gets his son for part of summer, pay child support, if he does all this he will get him for Christmas vacation, along with talking with child phycologist to determine best interest of telling prismas son about her disappearance, after all this the judge will look at giving custody to the father, neither parties shall have alcohol or drugs around the child, so grandmother has custody for now
Thank you for the update @winter63.

Thanks for the update.

I am so sorry. This has to be devastating for you and your family, knowing what you know of him as a father in the past. On top of not knowing what happened to Prisma, you now have to deal with this garbage with him. I sometimes wonder why guys like him (and women) get the red carpet treatment when they clearly don't have the best interest of the child. It disgusts me to think that the judge would even allow this man a visit alone with him without supervision. Fingers crossed the little guy stays safe when under his care. Too many times, we've seen parents who were told no drugs or alcohol around the kids, only to find them back in court for neglect and abuse. Maybe if these parents knew- one time, you're caught with drugs and alcohol or abuse or neglect your child, there will be no second chances, they would think twice before doing such behaviors around the child.

Has the family had any updates from LE? I realize LE can't share info about an ongoing case but they can say they are still looking for her. Are they still looking? What do they think? What do they believe or suspect?

Winter63, I am sorry to hear that your family is going through so much and that their son has to find out his mother is missing this way. So many changes for such a little child. Loosing a parent is so hard when you are little but not knowing would have to be just as bad. I asked a few posts back if the Mesquite Police have any updates or have they just classified Prisma as a missing person and are not following up anymore?

We all do, but unfortunately it may not happen the way we want. The only reason he wants his son is so he will not have to pay child support to the grandmother. Those are his words but because its not in text or recorded there's no way to prove he said it

can she offer to drop support so he slithers away?

I can't believe they would just give up, but it seems they have.

How can we as a group or how can the family get the LE to reengage? I am assuming this is what you meant. I would be willing to drive to Mesquite with a big sign and stand in front of the police station and get attention for her. If it was my daughter I would be frantic.

Now that this arrangement is set up, do you think there is a chance Prisma will now be found?

I would pray the two things had nothing to do with each other. But stranger things have happened. I would think if she had taken off on her own free will that the publicity of this would have brought her home but I really haven't seen much publicity on any of it for awhile especially the custody.

Law enforcement obviously has more information than we do. And they don’t seem truly concerned. Has she turned her phone back on? Has she withdrawn money? It doesn’t seem like they suspect foul play. There would have to be obvious reasons why they wouldn’t suspect foul play. Any other person who just vanished from the face of the earth, after the police were called after a huge fight at a restaurant, would be taken more seriously unless they know something we don’t.

Like I said previously, I would be frantic if my daughter were missing. I would be on police doors every day. I would be standing on every street corner on my soapbox, begging, yelling, pleading for help. I don't know this girl. I don't know her parents. I don't know her son. But what I do know is that I am about to cry thinking about my son and how he would be and how I would be if my daughter were missing. My son adores his mom, and if my daughter were missing, I would be lost too. For GODS sake, this child doesn't even know his Mother is missing from what Winter63 posted.

I would like to refocus the discussion if I may. I am going to ask the folks on this site, on Prisma's son's behalf, what can we do to help him find closure. And if it is her family who is lost and doesn't know where to turn maybe, we can help them. Let us pause for a moment what if it were your son in this situation or your daughter who was missing, or you were the parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NebulasShift