GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

It appears that KPRC (NBC) is the only Houston TV station that is consistently (daily) covering the David Temple trial.

They reported about the trial on Wednesday but I still have not found the video/article. Apparently, it was not posted to their site.

My3Sons posted a "Link" to last night's coverage of the David Temple retrial.
I could not get it to work. So I looked it up on KPRC's website.

I saw it on KPRC's news yesterday but I could not find the video. I gave up at midnight!

Thanks to My3Sons.
~~~~~~~~~

David Temple retrial - Day 3
Wednesday, 7/10/19

from KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX - - - Video only

Posted: 6:32 PM, July 10, 2019
Updated: 6:32 PM, July 10, 2019

Investigator testifies in Temple retrial

Just read the CCA's opinion ordering a new trial. I did not know until now that their decision was based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel on the part of DeGuerin, and had nothing to do with the visiting judge's scathing review of Kelly Siegler and her supposed 36 errors at trial/after. In fact, the decision rejects those 36 completely as not supported by the record and/or immaterial to the conviction. The sole reason Temple got a new trial was his dad testified that Belinda left their house at 3:45, which would put her home at 4:00. In a written statement before trial, he said she left at 3:55, putting her home at 4:10. DeGuerin did not correct him when he testified, which the CCA said is IAC. CCA said had he corrected him, it would have shown that Temple did not have time to commit the murder and get the the grocery store by 4:32 (I do NOT agree with that, as I think he did the staging before she got home, put Evan in his car, and met her at the door with the shotgun. He had been home all afternoon with Evan, and had ample time to prepare. He was ready when she got there).

Anyway, I thought the CCA's opinion was fascinating. Here all this time we've been led to believe this retrial was KS's fault.
My3Sons, would you please post the Link to the Court of Criminal Appeals document that you referenced? Many folks may have not read it. Thank you in advance.

RE: David Temple re-trial
KPRC (NBC) request to archive

I just sent an e-mail to KPRC and thanked them for the daily coverage of the David Temple re-trial.

I made a suggestion! I suggested they archive each day's article and/or video by date order with the most current report at the top.

I suggested they have a designated section (Link), on their website, titled: David Temple Re-trial.

It would make it very convenient for those who may have not been able to read some of the posted articles/videos .. . . instead of scanning through all of the posts here looking for the date(s) they may have missed.

I think if others would send an e-mail requesting a designated Link/archive of the articles and videos, KPRC might comply with our request. Please take the time to send them an e-mail. Thanking you in advance!

Here is the Link to the form required in contacting KPRC. I selected News. It will go to everyone who are in the News Department, i.e., Managers, Reporters, Webmaster, etc.

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX - Contact Us
Please scroll down for the e-mail form!

Contact Us | KPRC Channel 2 Contact Information | Click2Houston

Here is my confirmation: (click to enlarge)

upload_2019-7-11_20-35-36.png

Last edited:
RE: David Temple re-trial

I caught the 'tail end' of this 'news' on KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX - 10 PM News:

Heather Temple has filed for divorce from David Temple just days before his re-trial.

I checked KTRK's website and the video/article has not posted yet.

Found this on KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

Posted: 9:47 PM, July 11, 2019
Updated: 9:47 PM, July 11, 2019

Snipped from KPRC (NBC):

Here is a statement from Belinda's family:

“We are hopeful that by filing for divorce, Heather will be more candid and factual as to what she knows about Belinda’s murder."

David Temple's wife, Heather Temple, files for divorce in middle of husband's retrial
Wow. The timing of her filing is fascinating considering there is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest they have been separated for quite some time. My hope and prayer would be she is signaling she is no longer under his control, and may actually tell the truth when she testifies. Of course, given her love for Evan, I wonder if she will. MOO.

Wow. The timing of her filing is fascinating considering there is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest they have been separated for quite some time. My hope and prayer would be she is signaling she is no longer under his control, and may actually tell the truth when she testifies. Of course, given her love for Evan, I wonder if she will. MOO.

Just read the CCA's opinion ordering a new trial. I did not know until now that their decision was based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel on the part of DeGuerin, and had nothing to do with the visiting judge's scathing review of Kelly Siegler and her supposed 36 errors at trial/after. In fact, the decision rejects those 36 completely as not supported by the record and/or immaterial to the conviction. The sole reason Temple got a new trial was his dad testified that Belinda left their house at 3:45, which would put her home at 4:00. In a written statement before trial, he said she left at 3:55, putting her home at 4:10. DeGuerin did not correct him when he testified, which the CCA said is IAC. CCA said had he corrected him, it would have shown that Temple did not have time to commit the murder and get the the grocery store by 4:32 (I do NOT agree with that, as I think he did the staging before she got home, put Evan in his car, and met her at the door with the shotgun. He had been home all afternoon with Evan, and had ample time to prepare. He was ready when she got there).

Anyway, I thought the CCA's opinion was fascinating. Here all this time we've been led to believe this retrial was KS's fault.

I completely agree with you on this- Temple had PLENTY of time! This is infuriating to me considering how extremely hard it is for people to get convictions reversed, even when they have legit innocence claims, and Temple gets it on IAC with DeGuerin of all people!

Any idea why Heather is filling now? She stayed with him during his entire incarceration

I agree her timing is bizarre, especially because there is evidence they have not been together for a long time. One would think that his attorneys convinced her not to file until after a verdict was rendered in the second trial, but her filing smack dab in the middle of trial is interesting, to say the least. I can guarantee she will be called to testify in the trial, so it will be interesting to hear what she has to say. I believe she knows A LOT more than she's ever told, including that she knows he did it.

IMO, she stayed with him during his incarceration because she was raising Evan and did not want him taken from her.

Found this on KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

Posted: 9:47 PM, July 11, 2019
Updated: 9:47 PM, July 11, 2019

Snipped from KPRC (NBC):

Here is a statement from Belinda's family:

“We are hopeful that by filing for divorce, Heather will be more candid and factual as to what she knows about Belinda’s murder."

David Temple's wife, Heather Temple, files for divorce in middle of husband's retrial

Well isn't that interesting? I guess the rumors were true.

I don't respect Heather for getting involved with Temple knowing he was married with a child and pregnant wife, but I would be really surprised if she knew about the murder. I think Temple has been lying to everyone. What he did was horrible and not something most could look past/forgive/forget. But, it's possible she recognized inconsistencies or lies.

Does anyone know if she is on the witness list?

I had the same thought about her love for Evan.

But at the end of the day, shouldn't Evan know the truth? In fact, I wonder if he has doubts deep down? Poor kid/now man. SMH he didn't deserve any of this, especially the fact that his father is a murderer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back