Recovered/Located GA - Verla Clovis, 1 yr, Columbus, 13 July 2019 *critically missing*

Peppery

Verified Registered Nurse
Reaction score
Columbus Police search for critically missing child

The Columbus Police Department is currently asking the public for assistance in locating a critically missing young child.

1-year-old Verla Clovis was last seen at her mother’s residence at Bull Creek Trailer Park on Saturday.
Police believe Verla may have been taken to the Opelika area by her biological father, Perry Sager, who took her without the mother’s consent.

Opelika is in Alabama, approximately 30-40 minutes from Columbus, GA.

Oh dear God, please put Your protective arms around this little precious angel of Yours. Touch her dad's heart and mind and give him the wisdom and courage to do what's right regarding what ever circumstances have led to this situation. Keep them both safe, please Lord. Amen.

Oh no, not another one! Why would the father take a baby - his baby - and run off? I can only guess right now that it's some sort of revenge against the mother. I hope he's isn't angry enough to harm Verla and reason will prevail.

Last edited:
This is MOO in the most respectful way.

I'm personally going to reserve judgment of dad and any others in this case, for now. I've seen/read too many cases wherein one parent takes and runs simply out of love, fear, concern, etc. I think we can agree too that many courts and CPS agencies across America make some judgement calls, decisions, etc. to place youngsters in situations that aren't necessarily the best place for them. It's super complicated but hopefully y'all know what I mean.

Pls keep in mind too that just the other day many of us read about a woman who attempted to kill her child 11 years ago, was eventually rewarded custody of said child, to only turn around and succeed at killing him just recently.

It's a crazy world out there.

This is MOO in the most respectful way.

I'm personally going to reserve judgment of dad and any others in this case, for now. I've seen/read too many cases wherein one parent takes and runs simply out of love, fear, concern, etc. I think we can agree too that many courts and CPS agencies across America make some judgement calls, decisions, etc. to place youngsters in situations that aren't necessarily the best place for them. It's super complicated but hopefully y'all know what I mean.

Pls keep in mind too that just the other day many of us read about a woman who attempted to kill her child 11 years ago, was eventually rewarded custody of said child, to only turn around and succeed at killing him just recently.

It's a crazy world out there.

I'm there with you on this one. I'm just not getting any bad or weird vibes from this guy. From the post others mentioned, seems, if anything, he is very protective of his daughter. Doesn't mean he went about this the right way, but no bad feelings . . . . so far.

Did anyone else notice him posting 2 HIV test results one from 9/2018 and 12/2018 ? Not that it matters but theres a reason he must want those public. Is it possible he was rescuing the little one from something?
It could be related to his working in the food industry - PommyMommy posted a video upthread that looks like he works in a restaurant so it could just be some sort of routine testing? I can't say I've heard of restaurant workers being tested but that's all I can think of.

And also while I'm posting, I agree that he may have taken Verla because he felt she was not being cared for properly by her mother but IMO that doesn't show very good reasoning skills. I'd like to know if he has any custody rights and if not, why not. If he does have shared custody and/or visitation rights then why did he bolt?

As usual, there's probably more to the story than we know right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back