LA - Sadie Roberts-Joseph, 75, found dead in trunk of car, Baton Rouge, 12 July 2019 *ARREST*

PastTense

Reaction score
"An icon of the Baton Rouge community was found dead in the trunk of a car Friday afternoon. The cause of her death is unknown as this time. According to officials with the Baton Rouge Police Department, Sadie Roberts-Joseph, 75, was found at roughly 3:45 p.m. on Friday, July 12. Joseph is the founder of non-profit Odell S. Williams Now & Then Museum of African American History.

The car was found in the 2300 block of North 20th Street, which is located off I-110 near Choctaw. Officials did not say how she was discovered."
Founder of African American museum found dead in trunk of car
EOSBMGTSSBC73KCZ7Y47I2REAY.jpg

African American museum founder, 75, found dead in car trunk three miles from her Louisiana home | Daily Mail Online
"... Ms. Sadie was a tireless advocate of peace in the community. We had opportunities to work with her on so many levels. From assisting with her bicycle give away at the African American Museum to working with the organization she started called CADAV. (Community Against Drugs and Violence) Ms. Sadie is a treasure to our community, she will be missed by BRPD and her loss will be felt in the community she served,' the department also wrote..."

Some nice photos at the link.

She seemed like the last person to be a target for murder.
I believe this was foul play and not a natural death and someone panicked.
For this to happen in her golden years... :(

Was there anyone who'd benefit from her death ?
LE should start there.
And it doesn't sound like a robbery gone wrong.

People who die of natural causes usually don't crawl into a car trunk to do it. Foul play for sure.

No cod yet.
Shot, strangled , etc ?
Was thinking maybe drugged and carbon monoxide gas pumped into the trunk ?

This feels like a personal vendetta.
But from all accounts she was a peacemaker and loved by the community.
Such a waste of a good life.

DNA Match Leads LASD to 2004 San Gabriel Cold Case Homicide Arrest of 71-year old man - Arcadia Weekly
homicide-arrest-of-71-year-old-man/

I was wrong!!! It was so long ago and we lost touch. So glad justice will be served.

Nope, D.A. refused to charge due to insufficient evidence:

D.A. won't charge Tournament of Roses official in cold-case murder

Suspect died later that year:

Source: Allan Munnecke, Pasadena man suspected in cold case homicide, dies on operating table

rbbm
Police Are Investigating the Death of African American Museum Founder Sadie Roberts-Joseph, Found Dead in a Car Trunk
The African American History Museum, located at the New St. Luke Baptist Church (where her brother is pastor), features exhibitions on African art, black inventors, and the Baton Rogue Bus Boycotts of 1953. It houses an authentic city bus from that period, as well as a garden that grows three varieties of cotton.

Each year, the museum hosts the city’s Juneteenth festival, organized by Roberts-Joseph, to mark the end of slavery in the US. She also helped found the Community Against Drugs and Violence program with the Baton Rouge police.

Exterior view of the Baton Rouge African American Museum. Photo by Blair via Wikimedia Commons.

The NAACP’s Baton Rouge Branch called Roberts-Joseph a “cultural legend” on Facebook: “From reviving Juneteenth [celebrations], to the culture preserved at her museum, she was a trendsetter and icon in this city.” She has been described as one of the last black oral street historians of Baton Rouge".

"A Louisiana coroner has ruled the death of a 75-year-old woman who founded Baton Rouge's African American history museum a homicide by suffocation.

East Baton Rouge Coroner Beau Clark released preliminary autopsy results Monday that show Sadie Roberts-Joseph was suffocated to death before her body was found in the trunk of a car Friday.

He said Roberts-Joseph died from "traumatic asphyxia, including suffocation." This means her airways were physically blocked, cutting off her oxygen supply."

Louisiana coroner: Museum founder was suffocated to death

"An anonymous caller reported finding her" [dead in a trunk]

This doesn't make much sense to me. The only way I can see this happening is if the trunk lid is open--and why would a killer leave the trunk lid open? It would seem like he would close and lock it to delay discovery...

She was anti-drugs and could possibly have found out something--and threatened someone that she would go to the police if they didn't quit selling drugs in a particular area...
I don’t see a threat coming from this woman, but it’s a possibility. I believe she was more about anti-drug rhetoric than hunting down dealers. It’s also just after Juneteenth celebrations and she was a big figure in the organising there. It could be a racist motive. Any ID on the anonymous caller? How does only two hours pass before a fresh body is found in the trunk of a car?

I don’t see a threat coming from this woman, but it’s a possibility. I believe she was more about anti-drug rhetoric than hunting down dealers. It’s also just after Juneteenth celebrations and she was a big figure in the organising there. It could be a racist motive. Any ID on the anonymous caller? How does only two hours pass before a fresh body is found in the trunk of a car?
Ita.

Interested in this 'anonymous' caller !
2 hours is a relatively brief window.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members