Identified! MA - Provincetown, Race Point, 'Lady in the Dunes' WhtFem 27-49, UP11840, Jul'74 - Ruth Marie Terry

I have checked NamUs and Frankie is not listed anywhere. I checked her NamUs #MP50181 and it comes up blank. I don't know what to think now.

I know of several cases that are in NamUs but not viewable to the public. Two of them are cases that I entered. They are both handled by the same LEA. When I emailed the RSA at NamUs to ask why a case had been removed from My Dashboard, the response was "Unfortunately, we cannot comment on cases that are not publicly viewable".

Just a guess on my part, but I wonder if Frankie's case is "hidden" because technically she is a fugitive, not a "missing person".

I know of several cases that are in NamUs but not viewable to the public. Two of them are cases that I entered. They are both handled by the same LEA. When I emailed the RSA at NamUs to ask why a case had been removed from My Dashboard, the response was "Unfortunately, we cannot comment on cases that are not publicly viewable".

Just a guess on my part, but I wonder if Frankie's case is "hidden" because technically she is a fugitive, not a "missing person".
That makes sense. Thanks.

Thank you. That’s interesting. I will see if I can find Frankie on NamUs tomorrow.

Most of the arrest records for Frankie Regina McGraw state she was born in 1951, Michigan, but i found a Detroit Manifest of Arrivals that states she was born on May 3, 1950 in Windsor, Canada. The daughter of Frank A. Perry (United States Citizen) and Frankie Regina Perry.

FamilySearch

Frankie Regina Perry, 17, and H. L. McGraw, 19, were issued a marriage license on November 16, 1967. So i believe her correct DOB is 3/5/1950.

Frankie Regina Perry - Newspapers.com

This won't help you find her on NamUs, but it may be of help in your future searches.

When i saw your first message here i really thought it was a match, the resemblances are striking!

I have been following this case for a long time. I think that Frankie R. McGraw could be the Lady of the Dunes. I sent the information below to journalist, Mary Ann Bragg to pass on to Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe who has recently reopened the case. This is her article:
New look at old 'Lady of the Dunes' mystery
I have also sent this information to Margaret Press and posted this information to a Facebook Page, Provincetown in the 70s.

View attachment 192604
View attachment 192607

This is what was sent:

I have attached a photo of escaped prisoner Frankie Regina McGraw and a photo of the Lady of the Dunes. Notice the resemblance, especially the nose and chin. Her weight and height would also fit. Here is a link to the rest of her information: Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile

Frankie’s mugshot is stamped with a 2004 date but she has been missing since May of 1974 when she escaped from a prison in Michigan for a second time. Here’s an article about her escapes: This Grand Rapids Woman Escaped From Prison Twice in the 70s

The prison she escaped from sent female inmates to a new prison, and I think that’s how the 2004 date got stamped on Frankie’s mugshot. She would have been fifty-three in 2004 and it’s obvious she is in her early twenties in the mugshot.

I had sent the photo to Detective Meredith Lobur of the Provincetown Police Department in August, 2017 and she agreed that the resemblance is uncanny. I also mentioned to her that new dentists train by working on prisoners and she said it’s a strong theory. I also sent the information to Trooper Gerald Donovan and he had said he would request dentals from the Michigan DOC.

I found out that Frankie’s maiden name is Perry and she gave up two children for adoption. They are looking for her online. I gave this info to Meredith Lobur and Gerald Donovan and hoped a DNA sample could rule Frankie in or out.

Also interesting, but probably a long shot, one of Tony Costa’s victims last name was Perry. I know Costa was already dead when the Lady was murdered, but Frankie may have been seeking out relatives and that could explain how she ended up in Provincetown if it is in fact her.

Welcome! Very good work. I like your suggestion. I understood she is already ruled out.

The "XXDOE" name at the bottom is interesting..
Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile
ALIASES
FRANKIE R PERVY
FRANKIE R PERYY
FRANKIE R PLYM
FRANKIE REGINA CAMPBELL
FRANKIE REGINA DYED
FRANKIE REGINA MCGRAW
FRANKIE REGINA PERRY
JOYCE ALLEN
MARSHA T PERRY
MARSHA TERRY LEWIS
REGINA MCGRAW
REGINA PERRY
XX DOE

I can't open the link (EU privacy policies???). What does XXDOE mean in this particular case?

Here is the link i was able to open: Frankie R Mcgraw of Michigan, arrests, mugshots, charges and convictions | Arrest Facts

Most of the arrest records for Frankie Regina McGraw state she was born in 1951, Michigan, but i found a Detroit Manifest of Arrivals that states she was born on May 3, 1950 in Windsor, Canada. The daughter of Frank A. Perry (United States Citizen) and Frankie Regina Perry.

FamilySearch

Frankie Regina Perry, 17, and H. L. McGraw, 19, were issued a marriage license on November 16, 1967. So i believe her correct DOB is 3/5/1950.

Frankie Regina Perry - Newspapers.com

This won't help you find her on NamUs, but it may be of help in your future searches.

When i saw your first message here i really thought it was a match, the resemblances are striking!
Thanks for the information. I really hoped to put a name to the Lady of the Dunes. I'll keep trying!

No idea what the XXDOE means,(unidentified female(XX) ??) but thinking i will remove my post if this person has apparently been ruled out as Lady of the Dunes.

I can't check the comparison tab on NamUs. Is Frankie on the ruled out list? I only saw a screenshot of Frankie's case.

Attachments

• FCE10E78-C19D-4AD4-8EB9-01A7E742C2A1.png
    FCE10E78-C19D-4AD4-8EB9-01A7E742C2A1.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the screenshot!
I can't access the comparisons tab because i'm not an American citizen. I can't register unless i have a US address.

Same here...you have to trust me, because if certain people say somebody is ruled out...they have access and help us with the rule outs.

Found at the scene footprints size 10, quit deep, running prints.....thoughts:
- Maybe somebody did see the body after she was killed, with a full blather, scared to death, running away from it.
- Trying to remove evidence (hands, breaking out teeth) and forget to take care of footprints...not logical
- Probably a male or a very big woman.

size 10 shoes charts from usa and europe - Google Search

Reminder to self: recheck the names mentioned above. Massachusetts is entering a whole bunch of old cases into Namus and there might benew useful information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm still catching up (page 12)... did you recheck the names above?

Same here...you have to trust me, because if certain people say somebody is ruled out...they have access and help us with the rule outs.
Ohh i trust everything that is posted here regarding ruled out cases. :)
I just noticed i missed that post... i only read the one stating that FRM's case is not available to the public.

Thanks for the screenshot!
I can't access the comparisons tab because i'm not an American citizen. I can't register unless i have a US address.
I'm not a US citizen either but was able to register. I just picked a random business street address to use as my address and it worked.

Having said that I now can't log in because I forgot my password...

I'm not a US citizen either but was able to register. I just picked a random business street address to use as my address and it worked.

Having said that I now can't log in because I forgot my password...

Isn't that illegal? :p
What if they check your IP address?

Too late anyways... I emailed NamUs a couple of months ago. I would not feel comfortable using a "fake" address now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back