Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was holding onto an accidental OD because I was really hoping she didn’t die a violent death. Overdosing isn’t painless and it’s probably terrifying, but I was really hoping her last moments weren’t violent. I guess we’ll just have to see how it plays out. We don’t know much more than we did before today, other than finding her blood in his house, and the information that her legs and hands were bound. I would think that’s the unnatural position people were talking about. I wonder if it was done posthumously to make her smaller and fit into a smaller space, or if it was done while she was alive. If it was posthumous, it would’ve had to have been done not long after death, before rigor set in, unless it was done after rigor ended.

I think I was holding onto an accidental OD because I was really hoping she didn’t die a violent death. Overdosing isn’t painless and it’s probably terrifying, but I was really hoping her last moments weren’t violent. I guess we’ll just have to see how it plays out. We don’t know much more than we did before today, other than finding her blood in his house, and the information that her legs and hands were bound. I would think that’s the unnatural position people were talking about. I wonder if it was don’t posthumously to make her smaller and fit into a smaller space, or if it was done while she was alive. If it was posthumous, it would’ve had to have been done not long after death, before rigor set in, unless it was done after rigor ended.

I too was hoping it was an OD and really thought for a long time that is what happened. After reading the article, I believe it was a violent death. I am leaning towards believing the other two men had nothing to do with it.

"Investigators revealed more details about the night Savannah was found. Officers say her nude body was found in a 19-inch deep grave and her feet were bound with shipping tape. She was placed in multiple black bags.

Officers also testified that blood belonging to Spurlock was found inside a closet door at Sparks' Price Court rental"

Preliminary hearing held in Spurlock disappearance

I too was hoping it was an OD and really thought for a long time that is what happened. After reading the article, I believe it was a violent death. I am leaning towards believing the other two men had nothing to do with it.
They may not have had anything to do with her death, but if they went back to that house with them, they must have known something. I guess it depends on what time they left. Imo

There are a couple more details in this one

Ok, if the body was wrapped in plastic and buried only 19 inches, that might explain why decomposition would be hindered over the winter. The ground would be cooler than if buried at least 4 feet, where the temperature remains constant underground at around 50 degrees. Also the plastic and lack of insects would slow down decomposition.

When Spring came and the ground began to warm up, decomposition would resume and that's why the odor would be so strong.

This may be a good thing because I would think it would make it easier to determine cause of death than if the body was beyond the decomposition stage. Imo

Found in a shallow grave. So if she had been recently relocated - wouldn’t someone noticed disturbed earth in the backyard? So she wasn’t in a root cellar, freezer, etc?
I dont think she would have to be in a root cellar or freezer to preserve the body. The cold winter temperatures and being under the earth would be enough. Also being wrapped in plastic would slow it down, compared to being exposed to the elements. I think I read that for every week of decomp exposed to the elements is equal to one month when wrapped in plastic or wood. So it might be slowed down significantly. Imo

"Investigators revealed more details about the night Savannah was found. Officers say her nude body was found in a 19-inch deep grave and her feet were bound with shipping tape. She was placed in multiple black bags.

Officers also testified that blood belonging to Spurlock was found inside a closet door at Sparks' Price Court rental"

This is just awful news. IMO

How did he dig in January ? Wasn't the ground frozen???
Im right there with you... I’m an early gardener and even the BEST shovels can’t get deeper than a couple inches when the ground is frozen. Maybe the dirt was more dry so it crumbled more easily. Maybe there was already some sort of hole dug like others were speaking about storage in cellars/sheds. Maybe he did move her in March or something once he realized he was moving and the ground could be worked at that point? No idea about Kentucky winter/spring ground temps, I’m from far north. Just speculating...

From early on Sparks had said that Spurlock had come back from Lexington with him and two other men to his Price Court home in Garrard County. He’d said the other two men had left, and Spurlock had slept in his bed while he slept on the couch.
Morgan Eads on Twitter
Tweet by reporter Morgan Eads

Sounds like the other two guys may not be involved.

bbm
Blood inside a closet door
Put to rest the possible theory that she overdosed, died, and Sparks panicked and hid her body. Savannah experienced violence in Spark's apartment.

Gruesome details revealed in testimony over Savannah Spurlock's death

I no longer think we are looking at an accidental death.

From the article you shared: "The detective also testified that Sparks texted his sister January 4 asking where she bought a rug so he could purchase a new one. He would be seen on surveillance video at a Walmart in Richmond where he purchased the rug he is accused of using to bury Spurlock."

Thank the gods this guy is another example of an idiot criminal. My heart aches for you and what you went through, Savannah.

#SavannahStrong

How did he dig in January ? Wasn't the ground frozen???

When she went missing, we had weather that wasn’t too bad. I’d have to go back and look, but I think the temp stayed around the 50s. The extremely cold weather came in the following weeks. If he buried her within days, the ground shouldn’t have been frozen yet.

Wonder if his sister revealed that interesting tidbit that he wanted a new rug the day she disappeared or if they found that in his phone records. I think his family had to be covering up for him or at the very least "head in the sand" instead of trying to find the truth. It was well known he was the POI locally. I also do not believe she *just* started smelling out of the blue, I think it got so bad neighbors started to ask and they knew someone was going to call it in. I guess nobody heard or saw him digging a grave with a body either?

How did the dogs not smell anything? Do plastic bags really work that well? I know dogs are not perfect, but a shallow grave in a backyard doesn't seem difficult.

I am glad he is so dumb because she was able to be found, but still absolutely cannot understand why he would put the body where he lives. Especially since he had that window before she was reported missing!

Poor Savannah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member