Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! They surely did not look like friends- just random strangers who did not seem interested in one another and none looked happy or as if they were having fun as I would expect people to look leaving a bar and going to a party.

I recall her bff saying very early that SS need a ride to her vehicle, and that if she realized they were driving all the way to Lancaster to party- she would have said "hey guys, turn this boat around."

ETA: Clarify the thought being that nobody would give her a ride from Lancaster back to her mom's car later that night or early morning, and mom needed her car in the morning.

Last edited:
I recall her bff saying very early that SS need a ride to her vehicle, and that if she realized they were driving all the way to Lancaster to party- she would have said "hey guys, turn this boat around."
I am sorry I misunderstood something- I thought that when she Facetimed her Mom she had said she was going to a party or something and would see her Mom soon or in the early am- I thought Savannah knew she was going to one of the guys houses but didn't know how far away the house was and if she did she would not have agreed to travel that distance.

I am sorry I misunderstood something- I thought that when she Facetimed her Mom she had said she was going to a party or something and would see her Mom soon or in the early am- I thought Savannah knew she was going to one of the guys houses but didn't know how far away the house was and if she did she would not have agreed to travel that distance.

Yes, that's the way I remember it also, but her priority was a ride to collect her mom's car.

I think the thought was nobody would give her a ride to her car from Lancaster later that night, or the next morning, and her mom needed her car in the morning.

Awww, man, I feel for her family. That photo of her Dad leaving the courthouse with his picture on his lap of him and Savannah is heartbreaking. I cannot even begin to imagine. I didn’t truly think this would be accidental OD. I, obviously, have no way to know what the COD is yet. Maybe it’s because of my brutal rape that I always have this icy thin river of fear in my blood, causing me to suspect the most nefarious circumstances. PTSD has you hyperaware and a bit paranoid, or at least it does me. Bless that family, man. I hope whatever happened to Savannah was over quick and as painless as possible. Prayers to her family and friends. jmo

Sorry that happened to you, but glad you survived. My gut feeling is that she refused him and tried to fight him off and he became enraged. Poor Savannah was betrayed by so many people that night leaving her at the mercy of this man with no escape.

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I’m not sure if she knew how far she was going that night, but I do think she had agreed to go hang out with them after leaving. By the time she FaceTimed her mom, she would’ve been driving away from where her car was already so I don’t think she left under the pretense that she was getting a ride back to the car.

BBM
I don't see how they'd have missed her twice then. They were all over that little street and his rental home. Tiny little dead end street with neighbors side by side. The lots are small. He had to have taken her somewhere off Price, before LE got there to search, after the 8th. Most of those homes on that street run around 1,000 squ. ft. and on lots about a .10 of an acre, so folks homes are pretty close to one another. I've a feeling he moved her at least once before putting her at his parent's home. I also think he may have had help.

Yeah, agree she was moved more than once. We know his brother helped him move from Price to the parents home, I'm hoping bro wasn't involved in removal of body too. JMO. I feel that one of the other 2 men may have helped him out.

Yeah, agree she was moved more than once. We know his brother helped him move from Price to the parents home, I'm hoping bro wasn't involved in removal of body too. JMO. I feel that one of the other 2 men may have helped him out.
How do we know his brother helped??

I think I read somewhere that the Grand Jury is meeting next week by Wednesday. I wonder if the court site would have a date on that?

@SeesSeas - I believe you can get into Kentucky?
from my notes:
Garrard County; held in Madison County Detention Center & transferred to Lincoln County Regional jail after his 7/11 hearing.
So don't know if you have to look under Garrard County of Lincoln - ??

TIA! :)

edited to add - found the quote from an article posted above - don't ask me which one though....

After hearing testimony Monday, Garrard District Judge Bill Oliver found probable cause to send the case before the grand jury, which is expected to meet Wednesday and could return an indictment Friday.

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that the Grand Jury is meeting next week by Wednesday. I wonder if the court site would have a date on that?

@SeesSeas - I believe you can get into Kentucky?
from my notes:
Garrard County; held in Madison County Detention Center & transferred to Lincoln County Regional jail after his 7/11 hearing.
So don't know if you have to look under Garrard County of Lincoln - ??

TIA! :)

edited to add - found the quote from an article posted above - don't ask me which one though....
After hearing testimony Monday, Garrard District Judge Bill Oliver found probable cause to send the case before the grand jury, which is expected to meet Wednesday and could return an indictment Friday.
Dates not yet listed:
KYeCourts - Guest Login
SPARKS, DAVID A (D)
• GARRARD : 19-F-00092
COMMONWEALTH VS. SPARKS, DAVID A
W / M

Savannah Spurlock's blood was found in David Sparks' bedroom, police say
July 15, 2019

Yes, that's the way I remember it also, but her priority was a ride to collect her mom's car.

I think the thought was nobody would give her a ride to her car from Lancaster later that night, or the next morning, and her mom needed her car in the morning.
I agree with you. I went back to Thread 2 (w/links), early Feb because I remembered out discussion concerning phone call & timeline. The mother stated the FT call was around 2:30-3:00am. The pics of SS & 2 men leaving the bar show a time of 2:34am. The timing of each could mean the call was made when SS realized she was not being taken to her car. She may have become alarmed & made the call. Also, her mother said she was not concerned SS was not home or after she received the call so was the call out of the norm a bit? The only think she could think to do "in case"? JMO

Adding this thought not related to original post: I recall my younger days. While Drs told women not to have intercourse until after 6 weeks from birth (which aligns with postpartum check up) many chose 4 weeks or even earlier. Basically when THEY felt better. This is in no way saying SS had that in mind as we have no way of knowing nor does it matter. I am just responding to some of the posts I have read.
ETA wording

So I’m guessing the other two guys lived further away - if they had lived in/near Lexington they could have given her a ride back to her car. And they must not have lived near Richmond - they could have dropped her off at her moms house. I’m trying to remember why she took her mother’s car.

I tend to agree with others here that this was triggered by a sexual rejection. JMO MOO, either Savannah never gave consent or she withdrew her consent, possibly due to pain from being only 4-5 weeks postpartum. JMO MOO, by that point DS felt entitled to her body and didn't care the cost.

I am so heartbroken for her babies and her family and friends. RIP beautiful angel.

The pic seemed strange- Savannah looked freezing cold and the guys just seemed determined to get someplace- not at all concerned that she had no coat and was walking in high heels. Maybe I am nuts but to me they looked like random students walking to class not a happy bunch of people going to a house party after the bar.
I have never felt SS looked anything but freezing & a bit apprehensive. Her body language fits both. 1st pic her knee is raised higher than normal walking patterns. She may have grabbed the man's for balance due to high heels and being in grass? The 2nd man body language (both hands in pockets, head down) seems to have distanced himself for some reason. Possibly not comfortable or equal with the other 2.

missingmadison.jpg

This pic (JMO) shows her fists clenched, arms crossed and tight against body, slightly bent at the waist, purse hanging open. All show apprehension, self protection or simply extremely cold. The open purse while walking and standing shows distraction. The position of the thumb & index finger of the right hand makes me wonder if she had a habit of picking at fingernail when nervous or is holding something small. I am in no means an expert so I could be totally off base. All of my opinions here are based on simple online body language research done at the time these pics were released. It's all JMO
51158920_343482226504424_5124773690759708672_n.jpg

Sparks would have had control of the grey rug, the tape, and trash bags, which LE knew to be in his possession in his apartment.

Savannah was found naked so I am not sure what items would have been found that were in her control.
I have been hoping it is her phone, but I have not seen anything reporting that at all, JMO.

Imo, leaving the bar at closing time in winter is frigid and quite sobering... a definite buzz kill if you’ve decided not to bring a jacket to the bar.. if that were me I’d probably look like I was about to cry... it’s like getting out of the shower in the winter when the heat stopped working lol moo!

I think anything about the brother was speculation by a member here?
I find any talk about the moving of the body to be quite unlikely. It did not take police long to discover who Sparks was and search his home. They found Samantha's blood there, they knew they had their man. This guy has likely been under constant surveillance ever since, and would not have had the opportunity to dig more holes without being detected. I simply think that he made the mistake of not digging the hole deep enough. When the body eventually rotted, he was discovered.

I will never understand why people who commit violent murders like this think "hey, I'll bury the body on my own property, that'll throw the cops off for sure!" If you are the last individual to have been seen with a missing person, then you are the initial focus of an investigation. Period. That's how it works.

So many cases of victims being buried within walking distance of perp's property or outright on it. So not only are they vile, evil vermin but also lazy or plan stupid - probably both.

RIP SS - God Bless your family and your little one who now has to grow up without a mother because of what this asshat did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74