Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard back from Peace River K9 Search and Rescue (PRSAR). They are located in Southwest Florida and are a non-profit 501(c)(3).
Peace River K9 Search & Rescue Association

With regard to how much they would charge to search a 2 mile radius of land in Champaign, IL they said:

"Thank you, we never charge for our time but in order for us to come up you would need to purchase the plane tickets and housing for 2 searchers( cadaver handlers work in pairs) and the areas that need searching would need permission given by the property owners. You might want to see if you can locate cadaver handlers closer to you and avoid the costs as we are in Florida.

Adivse is always free!"

That's what I got for now.

I went into Steve Beckets office this afternoon. He wasn't in but the secretary typed out a message about our/my wish that they search J Ross again. I then went to BC's apt complex and took a few short ( about a minute) videos of the route he would walk to get to the gym. I then went in and talked to the person in the proprty mngmt office that is currently using the JR plant. No luck there. Grr=r
Ok now, how do I send or post these videos? Whenever I try. It says...file too large. Really? A one minute video? Grr

Just in: Slim chance of ever finding Chinese scholar's body

by The Associated Press
Friday, July 19th 2019

PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Illinois authorities have said the remains of a slain 26-year-old scholar from China may never be found despite a vow from prosecutors this week that the search will continue.

Brendt Christensen, a former physics doctoral student at the University of Illinois, abducted Yingying Zhang in 2017. Prosecutors say he beat her to death at his off-campus apartment, decapitated her and carried her away in a duffel bag.

Christensen was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without parole and Zhang's family begged him to reveal what he did with her body so her remains can be returned home.

But authorities believe that with his background in science, Christensen destroyed the remains. Evidence at his trial included an article Christensen downloaded before the killing called, "Beyond the Grave -- Understanding Human Decomposition."

Slim chance of ever finding Chinese scholar's body

**** Excuse me but if BC indeed possessed some science powers that would make him successful in concealing the body for this long, he wouldn't have had to Google this ***t like the rest of us peons. What are they thinking! ****

Last edited:
Just in: Slim chance of ever finding Chinese scholar's body

by The Associated Press
Friday, July 19th 2019

PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Illinois authorities have said the remains of a slain 26-year-old scholar from China may never be found despite a vow from prosecutors this week that the search will continue.

Brendt Christensen, a former physics doctoral student at the University of Illinois, abducted Yingying Zhang in 2017. Prosecutors say he beat her to death at his off-campus apartment, decapitated her and carried her away in a duffel bag.

Christensen was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without parole and Zhang's family begged him to reveal what he did with her body so her remains can be returned home.

But authorities believe that with his background in science, Christensen destroyed the remains. Evidence at his trial included an article Christensen downloaded before the killing called, "Beyond the Grave -- Understanding Human Decomposition."

Slim chance of ever finding Chinese scholar's body

Interesting, they're trying to hold off a search party.
I wonder why?
His science background has absolutely zero to do with understanding human decomposition.
The journalist didn't come up with that idea, they were fed..
All the more reason to forge ahead, they won't like it and they won’t assist but even though the odds are stacked, it may still be possible...
I wonder wdh is concealed in that plea discussion they are so careful to hide?

It’s unclear what else could be done in the absence of having any concrete ideas about where the body might be. Many searches have been called off due to lack of information. There’s only so many places that authorities can look without moving into just wasted resources. Many searches, recently Maleah Davis in Houston and Mollie Tibbets in Iowa, only came to end because the perpetrators finally revealed the locations of the bodies. These were searches that employed massive manpower at both the local and federal levels. Our ire should not be directed at the agencies who couldn’t find a needle in a haystack, rather it should be aimed at the monster who murdered Yingying.

I just heard back from Peace River K9 Search and Rescue (PRSAR). They are located in Southwest Florida and are a non-profit 501(c)(3).
Peace River K9 Search & Rescue Association

With regard to how much they would charge to search a 2 mile radius of land in Champaign, IL they said:

"Thank you, we never charge for our time but in order for us to come up you would need to purchase the plane tickets and housing for 2 searchers( cadaver handlers work in pairs) and the areas that need searching would need permission given by the property owners. You might want to see if you can locate cadaver handlers closer to you and avoid the costs as we are in Florida.

Adivse is always free!"

That's what I got for now.

Here's another link, this time in Illinois, some absolutely gorgeous dogs to see. These people work with LE... So we need to get LE on board .... could be tricky as it's a fed case and oftentimes the two do not blend harmoniously.
ILLWIS Search and Rescue Dogs SARDOG Index

I think you are right. That's why I thought bringing a profiler was important. There is such a thing as people who specialize in profiling disposal sites based in the killer behaviors.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...Murderers_Implications_for_Offender_Profiling

It’s unclear what else could be done in the absence of having any concrete ideas about where the body might be. Many searches have been called off due to lack of information. There’s only so many places that authorities can look without moving into just wasted resources. Many searches, recently Maleah Davis in Houston and Mollie Tibbets in Iowa, only came to end because the perpetrators finally revealed the locations of the bodies. These were searches that employed massive manpower at both the local and federal levels. Our ire should not be directed at the agencies who couldn’t find a needle in a haystack, rather it should be aimed at the monster who murdered Yingying.

Yes, put them on my list to call. Thank you. It is intriguing how much LE is doing to justify not searching, including the article that came out today.

Here's another link, this time in Illinois, some absolutely gorgeous dogs to see. These people work with LE... So we need to get LE on board .... could be tricky as it's a fed case and oftentimes the two do not blend harmoniously.

Seeing as how BC has now been found guilty and the trial is over. Wouldn't search efforts revert back to local LE? Since technically she is a missing person. Right?

Seeing as how BC has now been found guilty and the trial is over. Wouldn't search efforts revert back to local LE? Since technically she is a missing person. Right?

I'm not sure about that.
Might be worth a shot to give them a call and sound them out or if anybody has time to call around?
Maybe make an appointment and explain we're sincere and have been working as amateur sleuths for the past 2 years, we have no evidence to justify a massive budget but if they would even consider humoring us in what well may be a foible, we would deeply appreciate it, kinda thingy?
Grovelling will be necessary.

The UI police in the college may be worth a visit too if anybody has the time?
Just wanna get in there with dogs, spend a few days as it's possible he used preservatives.. we already researched that subject and they are easily available.?
What do you reckon?

I'm not sure about that.
Might be worth a shot to give them a call and sound them out or if anybody has time to call around?
Maybe make an appointment and explain we're sincere and have been working as amateur sleuths for the past 2 years, we have no evidence to justify a massive budget but if they would even consider humoring us in what well may be a foible, we would deeply appreciate it, kinda thingy?
Grovelling will be necessary.

The UI police in the college may be worth a visit too if anybody has the time?
Just wanna get in there with dogs, spend a few days as it's possible he used preservatives.. we already researched that subject and they are easily available.?
What do you reckon?

I'm off work the next 2 weeks and I am definitely gonna be calling, visiting anyone n everyone. I can grovel....some. Sigh

Ok now another dumb question from me. I've had the most terrible time getting this time line down. On what day and time did he leave with the duffle? Did he get in a car? Early on we all were under the impression he cleaned up and disposed of the body before wifey came home. Well if she saw him carry that duffle out...he sure in the fark did NOT spend $60 on a bag to deliver a cat tower to anyone. So .

I'm off work the next 2 weeks and I am definitely gonna be calling, visiting anyone n everyone. I can grovel....some. Sigh

Ok now another dumb question from me. I've had the most terrible time getting this time line down. On what day and time did he leave with the duffle? Did he get in a car? Early on we all were under the impression he cleaned up and disposed of the body before wifey came home. Well if she saw him carry that duffle out...he sure in the fark did NOT spend $60 on a bag to deliver a cat tower to anyone. So .
all details in Aaron Eades notes, you have them.
Michelle returned at 5pm on Sunday. Body was allegedly gone by then but the bag, containing 'something' was still there.

Just heard from the Search and Recovery service in Illinois:

"All legitimate search and rescue units in the USA that I am aware of do not charge for their services. They are run as not for profit agencies.

That being said, like ILLWIS, most search units can only respond to requests from law enforcement agencies, fire departments and emergency management agencies. You are welcome to call the agency in charge and suggest our services, the services of another K9 unit, or the Illinois SAR Council (ISARC).

Beware of individuals or search units that contact the families of lost people directly or charge families for their services. Sadly, there exist con artists that prey on vulnerable families in their time of crisis, as well as misguided individuals who are not adequately trained. Anyone who tells you that a search of this magnitude should be conducted without the aid of local authorities is mistaken for many reasons-- the simplest of which is that it will invariably cross into private property, forest preserves or other areas where permissions are required.

I hope this information is helpful.

ILLWIS Search Dogs"

Just heard from the Search and Recovery service in Illinois:

"All legitimate search and rescue units in the USA that I am aware of do not charge for their services. They are run as not for profit agencies.

That being said, like ILLWIS, most search units can only respond to requests from law enforcement agencies, fire departments and emergency management agencies. You are welcome to call the agency in charge and suggest our services, the services of another K9 unit, or the Illinois SAR Council (ISARC).

Beware of individuals or search units that contact the families of lost people directly or charge families for their services. Sadly, there exist con artists that prey on vulnerable families in their time of crisis, as well as misguided individuals who are not adequately trained. Anyone who tells you that a search of this magnitude should be conducted without the aid of local authorities is mistaken for many reasons-- the simplest of which is that it will invariably cross into private property, forest preserves or other areas where permissions are required.

I hope this information is helpful.

ILLWIS Search Dogs"
which is why LE must be met.. Trunk is considering popping in..

Fingers crossed! That or having the lawyer talk to the family to see if they let us contribute funds. I just want them to have something, anything.
lets start with Trunk going to see them and follow up from there.
We know the story now re dogs and how it works.
He is already pretty well profiled- the laziest liar on the planet, had ambitions to be a serial killer, may actually be a serial killer so it stands to reason he would have kept trophies, ergo convenient to his residence, meaning close..

Unless somebody can give them substantial funds, like a million or two, I'd hold back for now.
They're not lost, they're getting support while in USA from Chinese community.
It could well be considered rude to try bypassing whatever they have at present...

Small steps.
We cannot go bawling for a search until they have turned us down flat.
They have not.
|They may well and its likely.

Until that actually happens, we wait.

That makes sense. Just a shame that we cannot use our frustration to help this family. Patience is a virtue. True.

lets start with Trunk going to see them and follow up from there.
We know the story now re dogs and how it works.
He is already pretty well profiled- the laziest liar on the planet, had ambitions to be a serial killer, may actually be a serial killer so it stands to reason he would have kept trophies, ergo convenient to his residence, meaning close..

Unless somebody can give them substantial funds, like a million or two, I'd hold back for now.
They're not lost, they're getting support while in USA from Chinese community.
It could well be considered rude to try bypassing whatever they have at present...

Small steps.
We cannot go bawling for a search until they have turned us down flat.
They have not.
|They may well and its likely.

Until that actually happens, we wait.

That makes sense. Just a shame that we cannot use our frustration to help this family. Patience is a virtue. True.
Their only expressed wish is to find YY's remains and bring them home and some of us have spent more than 2 years here trudging through any and all possibilities to that end.
It's a helluva long shot but it's worth a try... but we do need the proper permissions and the only way we'll get them quickly and easily is if LE agree.

If they do not, we can start making noise, agitating...
they're not looking for money or anything else.
could probably send them a good wish card through their lawyer's office...?
Just so they know people are thinking of them..?

Yes, the lawyer does list an email address on his website. Let's keep that in mind.

Their only expressed wish is to find YY's remains and bring them home and some of us have spent more than 2 years here trudging through any and all possibilities to that end.
It's a helluva long shot but it's worth a try... but we do need the proper permissions and the only way we'll get them quickly and easily is if LE agree.

If they do not, we can start making noise, agitating...
they're not looking for money or anything else.
could probably send them a good wish card through their lawyer's office...?
Just so they know people are thinking of them..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288