Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTIONS
for people with experience in court system or Pacer, please?

When are the Grand Jury proceedings likely to become unsealed in this case?

Is there any way to obtain the sealed plea negotiations or any sound legal reason to keep them sealed now that sentence has been passed?

Are either or both of the above available through FOI made by a US citizen?

Here is a picture of the trash bins used at Stonegate Village and their location relative to the apartments:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Hi All, I've been following this sad case off and on, mostly at the beginning and recently. I find it very unusual that BC decided to not reveal the location of her remains despite the death penalty being on the table. Given that he admitted to the murder, why do you guys think that is? Is it a last form of some sick control over YY? A bargaining chip for the future? I know you all don't have the answers but interested in your thoughts.

There was one that wasn't proven: future dangerousness
Also, they weigh the proven aggravating factors against the mitigating factors

Sadly, two people thought "substance abuse issues" coupled with various and sundry other BS excuses outweighed the murder; torture-severe physical abuse; lack of remorse; obstruction and planning and premeditation aggravators. The lack of "future dangerousness" being on the table meant they could feel confident that showing him mercy and letting him live would not put others in danger of being killed or abused at his hands. Had they been forced to consider that BC still constituted a threat to others, maybe they would have felt differently......

I think they did prove future dangerousness.
No remorse for such a heinous vicious crime means no moral compass- if a small sized prisoner gets in his environment there is no suggestion he would not do it again, the stakes are lower now.

It has ben proven that his time in prison was used for witness tampering attempts. Asking Michelle to contact TB, trying to contact TB himself..

He was manipulating the jail informant's wife to buy him phone credit in exchange for buying jail informant diabetic snacks.
He broke prison rules, excessive books, requesting books on the occult and satanism... he is continuing his ambitions.
WHO wants their prisons filled with groups of wannabe practitioners of black magic, be no time before human sacrifices become the norm.. if that fails to define future dangerousness I'm not sure what else can.

Here is a picture of the trash bins used at Stonegate Village and their location relative to the apartments:

He spent years planning this.
I think he came up with a better idea for disposal.
Also remember that body mutilation is a very arduous process.
No evidence has been proven that he did actually decapitate her, much less slice her body subsequently.
The key has to be his laziness.
An open manhole would have taken her entire body without need for any of this...
He was not stupid, only a clown would have used his own waste disposal...

I agree with you on many of these points. My inclination comes from his laziness and fear. He abducted in a place he knew so well (the UIUC campus and actually very, very near the physics building itself. I'm talking 2 blocks to 2 1/2 blocks away); he raped, beat, and killed in his own house!, thus there is no reason for me to believe he disposed of the body in a place that wasn't extremely well known to him.

Hum . . you made me think of something. I can't remember where the trashbin for the physics building is located. It doesn't face Green St. but it could be accessible from Goodwin street.

This man operated in places where he blended in whether as a student or resident, he did not care for his presence to stand out.

He spent years planning this.
I think he came up with a better idea for disposal.
Also remember that body mutilation is a very arduous process.
No evidence has been proven that he did actually decapitate her, much less slice her body subsequently.
The key has to be his laziness.
An open manhole would have taken her entire body without need for any of this...
He was not stupid, only a clown would have used his own waste disposal...

I agree with you on many of these points. My inclination comes from his laziness and fear. He abducted in a place he knew so well (the UIUC campus and actually very, very near the physics building itself. I'm talking 2 blocks to 2 1/2 blocks away); he raped, beat, and killed in his own house!, thus there is no reason for me to believe he disposed of the body in a place that wasn't extremely well known to him.

Hum . . you made me think of something. I can't remember where the trashbin for the physics building is located. It doesn't face Green St. but it could be accessible from Goodwin street.

This man operated in places where he blended in whether as a student or resident, he did not care for his presence to stand out.
He also indulged himself on his *advertiser censored* file the day he took her, suggesting he had time to spare... think that would have been around 9pm...but double check...
If the removal of his sIM card from his phone was part of a plan to mislead anybody that would have been searching for her and if it is a thing he siphoned off the petrol rather than use it... it was pre-planned...

He also indulged himself on his *advertiser censored* file the day he took her, suggesting he had time to spare... think that would have been around 9pm...but double check...
If the removal of his sIM card from his phone was part of a plan to mislead anybody that would have been searching for her and if it is a thing he siphoned off the petrol rather than use it... it was pre-planned...

True but with time to spare he could've driven back to the Physics Building Dumpster just as well.

Yesterday when I visited Becketts office ( no response yet ) I then swung by BC's apt to take videos. The route pretty much runs right thru campus and the abduction area. I drove slowly in both directions past that bus stop. I've commented on this before and you fellow locals will know what I mean here.
The amount of people milling about this area was staggering. As I drove I was further struck by the number of asian women. I know the original abduction video shows YY standing alone at that stop. But wow...he had to have been incredibly patient for this scenario to unfold. Now that I know how to post videos I will be doing many more so you guys further away can get some idea of just how things are laid out here. I'll get more of JR and Kaufman lake and the surrounding areas.
I'm going to give another of my opinions here. I asked the other day about the duffle bag time line etc.
Every single ...ahem... fact..we know about him leaving with the bag comes from Michelles mouth. Think on that..
I have absolutely NO solid proof..but my gut says she knows waayyy more than she lets on!!

True but with time to spare he could've driven back to the Physics Building Dumpster just as well.
he could have... but he's have been better served by disposing in a biology dumpster... sorry, couldnt resist...
Now,assuming, and it's leap to assume anything at all in this case, that his *advertiser censored* fest followed killing and disposal and possibly clean-up, he had very very little time to hack a body, bones, muscles sinews joints require considerable carving, a lot of time...
He told TB in a text sometime after 5pm that he felt exhausted, did n't suggest he was about to undertake a huge chopping operation, more like he had just finished one..
Too quick. way too fast.

Yesterday when I visited Becketts office ( no response yet ) I then swung by BC's apt to take videos. The route pretty much runs right thru campus and the abduction area. I drove slowly in both directions past that bus stop. I've commented on this before and you fellow locals will know what I mean here.
The amount of people milling about this area was staggering. As I drove I was further struck by the number of asian women. I know the original abduction video shows YY standing alone at that stop. But wow...he had to have been incredibly patient for this scenario to unfold. Now that I know how to post videos I will be doing many more so you guys further away can get some idea of just how things are laid out here. I'll get more of JR and Kaufman lake and the surrounding areas.
I'm going to give another of my opinions here. I asked the other day about the duffle bag time line etc.
Every single ...ahem... fact..we know about him leaving with the bag comes from Michelles mouth. Think on that..
I have absolutely NO solid proof..but my gut says she knows waayyy more than she lets on!!
Any chance of a walking video or is there any way to upload relevant street scenes from 2 yrs ago, date of disappearance and 2 days after it?

That's what she testified and it's likely that is also what she told the FBI when she was working with them.
Either way, if she was considered a suspect or an accessory she would have been charged by now, feds had no good reason to protect her when she turned track to work for defense, cos manipulated by the actual killer since he was incarcerated- future dangerousness..

Good points. Now, wha is he did not dismember her but just wrapped her somehow and put her in a dumpster.

I just saw the Loomis (Physics Building) parking lot is accessible from Springfield Ave. That portion of Springfield is mostly parking lots and university buildings. I would imagine at 3 or 4 in the morning would be pretty desolate (no students walking back after partying, no employees, no students). I don't know when the that particular building would've been emptied, but a benefit to dumping there would be that the pool of suspects would be much bigger.

Here is a picture of the entrance to that parking lot:

13yhuuw.png

he could have... but he's have been better served by disposing in a biology dumpster... sorry, couldnt resist...
Now,assuming, and it's leap to assume anything at all in this case, that his *advertiser censored* fest followed killing and disposal and possibly clean-up, he had very very little time to hack a body, bones, muscles sinews joints require considerable carving, a lot of time...
He told TB in a text sometime after 5pm that he felt exhausted, did n't suggest he was about to undertake a huge chopping operation, more like he had just finished one..
Too quick. way too fast.

Good points. Now, wha is he did not dismember her but just wrapped her somehow and put her in a dumpster.

I just saw the Loomis (Physics Building) parking lot is accessible from Springfield Ave. That portion of Springfield is mostly parking lots and university buildings. I would imagine at 3 or 4 in the morning would be pretty desolate (no students walking back after partying, no employees, no students). I don't know when the that particular building would've been emptied, but a benefit to dumping there would be that the pool of suspects would be much bigger.

Here is a picture of the entrance to that parking lot:

13yhuuw.png
That makes more sense, but wont wash with his ambitions to be a serial killer and keep her body for possible necrophiliac acts...
We're talking a lot about the JR building but were there other old uninhabited buildings, subsequently torn down, or still intact on the streets near his home at the time or now... dry basements or attics.../ any way to find that info, still with the theory between his mome and the gym because that is a known route he used habitually...?

Any chance of a walking video or is there any way to upload relevant street scenes from 2 yrs ago, date of disappearance and 2 days after it?

That's what she testified and it's likely that is also what she told the FBI when she was working with them.
Either way, if she was considered a suspect or an accessory she would have been charged by now, feds had no good reason to protect her when she turned track to work for defense, cos manipulated by the actual killer since he was incarcerated- future dangerousness..

Well as I said. I have no proof. Just a feeling. Too many of her comments were odd. I think you're giving far more credit to the FBI clown show. This all started because some of Yy's friends were worried. Then they get a vid of her getting into a fairly rare car. Evidence showed only 18 of them were registered in Champaign county. And of those one was a guy who goes to the U of I. And it was almost 6 days before someone noticed the broken hubcap. Even then without TB's help, he mighta got away with it.
Don't get me wrong...they did in fact do enough to get the conviction...but IMO they handled it all clumsily. I also realize I'm just a layman using 20/20 hindsight but they already had him under 24/7 surveillance. Maybe they coulda let the arrest wait a bit longer. Aarrgh

Yes. I am going to do some walkin videos. Prolly Monday. There are some different people to try n talk to then. Champaign Policr. Hopefully someone in this Chinese delegation ?

I understand that. Yes. Still, it is worth remembering that his aspirations and ego were far removed from the reality of his actions. He viewed himself alongside the most infamous serial killers. In reality, he was a dumb criminal who abducted in broad daylight, in view of cameras, killed in his own d*mn apartment, and was ratted out and caught fairly early on.

Whatever his ambitions, his execution was lazy, poorly planned, and led right to him.

That makes more sense, but wont wash with his ambitions to be a serial killer and keep her body for possible necrophiliac acts...
We're talking a lot about the JR building but were there other old uninhabited buildings, subsequently torn down, or still intact on the streets near his home at the time or now... dry basements or attics.../ any way to find that info, still with the theory between his mome and the gym because that is a known route he used habitually...?

Last edited:
Well as I said. I have no proof. Just a feeling. Too many of her comments were odd. I think you're giving far more credit to the FBI clown show. This all started because some of Yy's friends were worried. Then they get a vid of her getting into a fairly rare car. Evidence showed only 18 of them were registered in Champaign county. And of those one was a guy who goes to the U of I. And it was almost 6 days before someone noticed the broken hubcap. Even then without TB's help, he mighta got away with it.
Don't get me wrong...they did in fact do enough to get the conviction...but IMO they handled it all clumsily. I also realize I'm just a layman using 20/20 hindsight but they already had him under 24/7 surveillance. Maybe they coulda let the arrest wait a bit longer. Aarrgh
I'm not actually giving them much credit at all, their focus was on getting a conviction,not finding her body is what it looks like.
Realistically, we're back to the beginning and even if it is a thing that michelle is a mastermind, it's not going to help us locate YY's body at this stage of the game.
Nobody has access to Michelle just like nobody had access to BC.

If we're gonna focus on a search, we need to be focusing on a search for a retrievable body.
Theories about dissolved bodies will not help, there's no point searching for liquid, unless it is contained in a vat where contents can be analysed.
Likewise there is no point in bringing in new suspects because that's another cul-de- sac.
This was an ego-driven killing, he did it for sport, to amuse himself and possibly to establish himself within the realm of serial killers.
He wasn't going for the one-off quick vicious killing... she represented stage of bigger plan.

Yes. I am going to do some walkin videos. Prolly Monday. There are some different people to try n talk to then. Champaign Policr. Hopefully someone in this Chinese delegation ?
Brilliant news... look out for any old plces, disused or uninhabited.. I know there were searches already but did the searchers even use cadaver dogs in those searches then?

Chinese Consulate General in Chicago pledges continued help to Zhang Yingying's family in follow-up matters

CHICAGO -- The Chinese Consulate General in Chicago will continue to follow Chinese scholar Zhang Yingying's case and assist Zhang's family in handling follow-up matters in the United States, a consulate general spokesperson said on Friday.

Brendt Christensen, who kidnapped and killed the Chinese scholar in 2017, was sentenced on Thursday to life imprisonment without the possibility of release, because the jury failed to reach a unanimous decision to impose death.

5d32cd70a310d8304551e6f4.jpeg

Zhang Ronggao, father of Chinese graduate student Zhang Yingying, reads a statement on behalf of the family outside US District Courthouse, after Brendt Christensen was found guilty of kidnapping and murder in the student's 2017 death, in Peoria, Illinois, US, June 24, 2019. [Photo/Agencies]

"Feeling deeply shocked and regrettable for Zhang Yingying's misfortune, we will once again express strong indignation and condemnation of the murderer's cruelty," said the spokesperson.

"It is the most serious crime to deliberately deprive the lives of others against the law. China has always upheld that justice should be done, the criminal should be punished by law, and the tragedy must not repeat itself," the spokesperson said.

The Chinese government attaches great importance to protecting the safety and lawful interests of its overseas citizens, the spokesperson said.

Chinese Consulate General in Chicago pledges continued help to Zhang Yingying's family in follow-up matters - World - Chinadaily.com.cn

Brilliant news... look out for any old plces, disused or uninhabited.. I know there were searches already but did the searchers even use cadaver dogs in those searches then?

We just don't know. You woulda had to have been here during these so called " searches " there were no advanced announcements. When they searched Kaufman lake, the local paper had a single picture and a small blurb...after the fact. As to the JR search? Can't find anything. When I went in there the other day...the person I talked to said they had worked there for 6 years. When I asked if and when the building was searched they said they didn't know. But that it might have been done on a day when they weren't there. Omg.
It's almost a surreal experience whenever I talk to anyone about this case..and more specifically the search. I get the blankest stares. I feel like a Jehovah's Witness at times. It depresses me.
Here's an example..went into an office to speak with someone I feel could help with a search. The secretary lives and works in Champaign and had no knowledge of this case. At all. Sighhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken