GUILTY CA - Diego Villa-Torralba, newborn, strangled in hospital after birth, Oxnard, 19 July 2019 *Arrests

10ofRods

Verified Anthropologist
Reaction score
Oxnard Couple Arrested On Suspicion of Strangling, Killing Newborn Baby Inside Hospital Right After He Was Born

"
n Oxnard couple was arrested Friday on suspicion of strangling and killing the woman's newborn baby boy after she had just given birth to him at a hospital, officials said.

David Villa, 21, on the left, and Andrea Torralba, 20, are seen in undated photos provided by the Oxnard Police Department on July 19, 2019.

Officers responded to a call about a suspicious injury at St. John’s Medical Center on 1600 N. Rose Ave. at about 7:53 a.m. and were told that an infant was in serious condition and had "suspicious injuries," the Oxnard Police Department said in a news release.

During an investigation, detectives found that the child's mother, Andrea Torralba, 20, and her boyfriend, David Villa, 21, had strangled the baby boy until he was unconscious, Oxnard police said.

Medical staff found that the infant was unresponsive and tried to treat him, but he succumbed to his injuries and died at the hospital, authorities said.

Torralba and Villa were arrested on a felony charge of assault on a child by means of force resulting in the child’s death, authorities said.

The couple told detectives they didn't want the baby, Oxnard police Sgt. Brandon Ordelheide told the Associated Press."

UGGHHH....so frustrating. All they freakin had to do is say to the nurse, 'we don't want to raise this baby, Bye Bye...' and that would be it. A social worker would be thrilled to place the newborn with some enthusiastic childless couple on their waiting list.

What a tragic decision these selfish creeps made.

Undated photo's makes me pause. Is this their first rodeo with the law? Also, were they afraid of toxicology tests on the newborn? Maybe drugs? More concern for their own hides than their newborn son? Unimaginable.

Cripes! California has a "Safe Surrender" law so the parents could have left the baby at the hospital without any fear of prosecution. I mean they were right there!!

Not only was it stupid but it was vicious. I hope they rot in jail, I don't care if they were on drugs, it takes a special kind of evil personality already present to strangle a newborn. SMDH!

Undated photo's makes me pause. Is this their first rodeo with the law? Also, were they afraid of toxicology tests on the newborn? Maybe drugs? More concern for their own hides than their newborn son? Unimaginable.
SMH what the heck were they thinking? Toxicology reports would not equal prison time. Something is not right. They have to be the dumbest people on the planet.

SMH what the heck were they thinking? Toxicology reports would not equal prison time. Something is not right. They have to be the dumbest people on the planet.

I don't want to offend because I don't honestly know the answer to this question but if the baby was born with drugs in his system and they were undocumented parents what would the punishment be? Not assuming they were undocumented. Just asking an honest question.

I don't want to offend because I don't honestly know the answer to this question but if the baby was born with drugs in his system and they were undocumented parents what would the punishment be? Not assuming they were undocumented. Just asking an honest question.
I suppose, that is a possibility. But surely, certainly, murder ups the culpability of their crimes.

This makes me so upset! I’m looking at my 2 day old grandson and can’t imagine anyone hurting a baby let alone murder it! Think how many people would have loved to adopt the newborn! Life in prison is too good for them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back