Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His eyes have always been unnerving to me . You are correct almost black so black you can’t even see his pupils. I know this is going to sound kooky but he just seems soulless and his eyes don’t help that image .
MOO
I believe his eyes are so dilated from Cocaine that what you're seeing are primarily his pupils.
This would fit in with his hyperactive going all
night behavior.
even at his first hearing he still had the wild eyed look cause many stimulant drugs take
a while to totally leave the system.

I would be surprised if Jennifer has assets as it appears she has lived on the trust income. The trustee most likely paid her bills. Her cars are probably leased, her house is rented and the furniture probably is as well since she left FD without warning.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the trust would not be considered marital property.

I believe FD is going to be out of luck and is probably combing the Internet for his next wealthy American mark.
Re assets:
IIRC JD supposedly had around $400k a year in income. That's significant, and FD no longer had access to it for the last 2 years and was pleading poverty and the lawyers fees and property taxes on all his empty McMansions were probably piling up.
IIRC MT supposedly had around $4k a month ($48k a year) in child support, and she earned a salary when working for Fore Group of around $120k for perhaps 2 years, and she and her sister had that company when she lived in FL selling the Seal footwear, so she still may be collecting royalties from that business (which I surmise is why she has been referred to as a "CEO" in some headlines).
MOO.

Wanted to put an article into the thread by the Middletown Press about the impact of the Dulos case on Family Court in CT. First article I've seen to talk about this challenging topic in any detail. So, IMO Kudos to Middletown press!

Dulos divorce could have lasting impact on CT family courts

Quotes from article:

"More than 300 motions were filed by the Duloses in their two-year divorce battle before the disappearance. Data shared by the Judicial Branch on Thursday indicates that the Dulos case may be among the most litigious of all divorce cases in Connecticut".

Only three Connecticut cases of more than 11,000 disposed in fiscal year 2019 had more than 200 filings by the plaintiff and defendants before a judgment was reached. [BBM] Shoutout to Judge Heller that she was handling such an 'outlier' case and extra attention and focus might be called for and perhaps a referral to criminal court due to extensive DV issues most of which appeared to be ignored IMO by Judge Heller.

Michael A. Albis, chief administrative judge for family matters, unveiled a “Family Court Triage” initiative last week that he said will help address these concerns. [BBM] Good news! Someone is paying attention in the CT judicary! Thank you! Judge Albis might I respectfully suggest a review of Judge Heller's handling of the DV issues in the Dulos case and also a full review of why this case was not moved to criminal court due to DV issues and why no consequences were ever imposed on FD for non compliance with financial information requests by the court? Has Judge Heller received any current training in DV issues that the State of CT is aware of?

The program would bring divorcing couples into court 45 to 60 days earlier than they would have previously had an appearance. Cases would start with a mandatory conference with family services prior to seeing a judge. Then, each would be assigned one judge and one family relations counselor for its duration, and judges would also have more scheduling authority. [BBM]

Sean Barrett, another lawyer who handles divorce cases, said reform efforts will face tests at the Stamford courthouse, which features many of the state’s most complicated divorce cases.

“These types of custody battles, where there’s hundreds of motions filed, more often than not happen in Stamford,” he said.

Lucibello agreed, noting that the most complicated divorce cases are those that involve a “trifecta” of contested custody, alimony, and lots of assets to divvy up.

“Just by the nature of the location, Stamford court does see a lot of these cases,” she said.

There’s always room for reform, and some cases drag out unnecessarily, she said, but it’s unclear how much is due to the structure of family court and how much is due to the individuals or facts involved in a certain case.

The complete facts of the Dulos case are not yet available, but of those that are known, “it does tell you that there were some significant issues involved,” Lucibello said. [BBM] Really?

MOO

His eyes have always been unnerving to me . You are correct almost black so black you can’t even see his pupils. I know this is going to sound kooky but he just seems soulless and his eyes don’t help that image .
I can’t stand FD, but I am quite certain the color of his irises, that he was born with, has nothing to do with his thoughts and behavior. He may have a “look” that is subjectively meaningful to some people, but there’s no need to stigmatize that eye color.

Edited to add, I myself and many others have that eye color, but none of those traits or drug habits FD is being accused of.

Last edited:
I can’t stand FD, but I am quite certain the color of his irises, that he was born with, has nothing to do with his thoughts and behavior. He may have a “look” that is subjectively meaningful to some people, but there’s no need to stigmatize that eye color.

Edited to add, I myself and many others have that eye color, but none of those traits or drug habits FD is being accused of.
I have always thought very dark brown eyes are the most beautiful color of all. I will say however that there is a physiological basis for what is said about large pupils and iris becoming darker than they would normally appear. Many victims/survivors of abuse report this. I have seen it. It does happen, IMO. I would never think that across the board people with dark eyes are evil. I am sure your light shines. After all, you are here supporting JD.

I don’t understand it but several relatives have had these kinds of terribly destructive relationships that cost them money, relationships with their kids, and more, and nothing
To provide a bit of the timeline to refresh our memories.

FD's parents were already in the US with FD and first wife, long before JD and FD were married.

FD, first wife, and FD's parents, all lived in Canton, CT. FD retained the home in the divorce from wife #1 in July 2004.

FD's father died in 2004 and IIRC, Before the marriage of JD and FD in August of 2004 at the exclusive Metropolitan Club of New York in Manhattan.

According to the Better Business Bureau, FD created ForeGroup in November of 2004, After FD married JD in August 2004 and he left Cap Gemini.

Fore Group, Inc. | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Fore Group was then Incorporated in March of 2007.

I am sure that FD did not wait until After the marriage to JD, before ‘day dreaming’ about his upcoming business scam, um sorry, plan, but it was Not established until immediately After the July 2004 JD wedding at the Met Club in Manhattan.

FD's mother was ran over by the Greek nanny in 2010, while the family lived at 85 Deercliff Road in Avon, less than a mile from 4JC in Farmington.

The older set of JD's twins were born in 2006,

The youngest child was born in 2011, After FD's mother succumbed to her injuries in 2010.

In this thread, some have made reference that JD belittled FD in regards to building homes in Hartford County instead of Fairfield County, alluding to the idea that JD wanted more money. NOT, IMO.

In a previous MSM, FD says that he originally worked in Canton, Avon, and Farmington to get home building experience and then said His next move for his business was the exclusive areas of Fairfield County. I have not found where I read this MSM info but, Fore Group website now says that FD builds homes in Fairfield County as noted from this snip from Foregroup website: Fore Group Inc. | Custom Home Builder Avon, Farmington, New Canaan, Fairfield, Westport & Greenwich, CT

'We Proudly Serve Greenwich, Fairfield, Westport & Surrounding Areas'

In an article from the October 2014 American Builder's Quarterly, FD says: https://americanbuildersquarterly.com/2014/10/01/fore-group/

"We didn’t have the client confidence to go straight to the super high end from the beginning, so we did some spec homes."

Two years Before the planned move to New Canaan, FD said in a May 2015 Hartford Current Posh Properties interview: http://www.foregroupinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Posh-6-7-8.pdf

“I really wanted our homes to be on the same level as homes you’d find in Greenwich or New Canaan,”

"We are currently working to establish a presence in Fairfield County; this is a strategic goal of ours: stay tuned."

IMO, FD's goal was mo money, mo money, mo money and has always been FD's Primary goal.

IMO, JD Never belittled FD, Ever, about anything.

IMO, JD knew that she was dealing with, IMO, a dangerous man and she did what she could to protect her and especially the children.

IMO, JD would Not have antagonized FD, Ever. EVER.

IMO, JD Always Yielded to FD's Wants, as shown in the children's names in one of her Patch.com entries.

Yes, it has been noted that JD had conversations with FD about the High End housing market in the southwest sections of Fairfield County but, she Never would have belittled FD in any way, form, or fashion to get FD to move to New Canaan.

It was All about FD and what FD wanted, and HE wanted More Money with More Prestige and FD decided to move the family to NC to take advantage of the Higher End housing market.

All because, why? JD's yearly $400,000.00 payout from her trust fund, was Not enough for FD.

Bottom Line? JD was FD's ticket to fame and fortune, and she 'took' that away from FD. In FD's mind, of course, and she paid the ultimate price.

IMO, JD did not want or felt that she needed more money.

JD was living in a 15,000 square foot home, that she supposedly got to pick finishes, furniture, and decor while raising 5 beautiful children.

IMO, she may have been listening to FD's rants and raves about his wants for making more money and increasing his status as a high end builder. She then may have suggested that he could make more in Greenwich, Westport, Fairfield, and the surrounding areas.

But, IMO, there is No Way that JD was money hungry in any way, shape, or form.

It was ALL, FD.

I never had heard anyone say that about JD but am so glad you handled this so unequivocally!

Totally agree with you about all this! JD was a single parent attempting to function the best she could in a very traditional relationship!

But the comment you made that caused me to chuckle/laugh/choke out loud was the reference to 'worse than a Nigerian scammer'.

We haven't talked about it in this particular thread (think we did in thread earlier 2 or 3 maybe?) but one of the most bizarre aspects of all of the FD litigation was when he/FORE did come in contact with a notorious Nigerian scammer on a property deal. Maybe we should dig up that court paperwork again as it was a doozy.

But when I do get discouraged with the slow timeframe of the wheels of justice turning for FD I just think back to that lawsuit and how a Nigerian scammer worked really hard to scam FD and visa versa! I just kept reading the case documents and thinking Wow, it takes one to know one!

Also, I truly wonder in all the houses that were built by FORE how many people that purchased the houses really were pleased with what they paid vs what they recieved in terms of house? Building a house or doing extensive remodeling for anyone not in the industry IMO is one of the hardest and emotionally draining rollercoaster rides that most individuals/couples/families ever undertake in their lives. Few people go into the process knowing what it will be like and while I am sure some projects are smooth sailing it just seems most have bumps in the road particularly if the budget is tight. I just really wonder if FD took advantage of this situation of stress and timeframes and tight budgets to nickle and dime/shortcut and shortchange the people that the houses were being built for? IDK.

One of the many reasons that I hope the forensic accounting work on FORE is extensive is to answer the question of what the margins involved with the houses really were and were people effectively scammed and held hostage for more money while their houses were being built? So many unanswered questions on the money associated with FORE IMO and I look forward to justice and answers. I wonder also if LE has spoken to people that went through the 'custom house' process with FD to see if they felt extorted or manipulated? My guess is that some interesting stories might emerge. What I do find interesting in looking at the bigger picture of FORE is that it seems that FD was not just satisfied to simply do the plain and simple honest work of promising and deliverying a house but instead had to push hard with extras and change orders or design change fees etc. to truly squeeze the last penny out of a project. I would truly love to see a FORE contract so if anyone happens to run into one and can post it I am sure it would make for interesting reading.

As I am thinking all things FORE today I would hope that the forensic accountants can verify all outgoing payments to Greece and any/all family related payments made over the years as IMO they were extensive. I have found it odd that of all the Dulous family members here we have not seen FD sister. Why is this the case? No sister in court and other than the oddly antiseptic letter written on behalf of her brother she has been a ghost like figure hovering in the background IMO. Perhaps she will be legally compelled to come to the US? We shall see.

We have also see the Greek company charged with maintaing the FORE website as another possible way to get funds outside the US? Many more such Greek connections exist and my hope is that the forensic accountants will puzzle through all of them and see where the Farber money was siphoned to as FD has now not shown up twice to be deposed on the civil litigation. Again, no words for the in/justice system in CT as how could this go unpunished? I hope that GF does get summary judgment in the civil litigation and is repaid what she/estate are owed so she can take that headache case off her plate. Enough is enough IMO and FD has been asked for over a year to produce financial records and has not complied.

At what point in the CT legal system will FD be held responsible for anything? We haven't seen much accountability in the family court, civil court. Very discouraging to watch and I wish the reporters on the case were doing more in terms of asking questions of the judiciary in CT but its not happening so far as I can see. IMO this is profoundly sad as FD has masterfully abused the judiciary in CT for years to avoid taking responsiblity as we so clearly saw in the case where he badly injured a woman (who was unable to work due to the accident) with his reckless and dangerous driving on I84 and then tied her up in court for years with no settlement clear in the court documents. Yep, FD crashes into some, injures them and then says 'come sue me' and PS I will never do the stand up thing and compensate you for lost wages etc. This was just a regular person going from A to B that had the misfortune of having an accident with FD and her life was irreparably changed and damaged. IMO this was a dispicable act but we have seen so many dispicable acts from FD IMO.

The good news is that the legal file on FD overall offers so much wonderful evidence that any jury would have a wonderful 'picture' as to who FD is that even if he never testifies (which I don't even No Case Norm would risk!) they will know what and who FD is. What I do find interesting is that in my experience people that do some of the things FD has done, work hard to stay out of court and they settle and scheme and try to avoid a system that documents everything. Instead in this case we have seen someone that actively uses the legal system to further their goals and punish people. We've seen it in family court with JD and we saw it in the car crash case.

MOO

Meh. FYI.
Car wreck case was discussed several posts back. His insurance company handled his defense. They call all the shots, even the appeal. He just sat there.

As to building his houses? Most were so called “spec” houses. And “custom” means as opposed to plain vanilla. Not build to order. Usual residential construction terms and definitions. Speculative in that they were built with interim/construction financing, Hilliard Farber money, then sold to a purchaser. Sometimes a purchaser may purchase before completed, picking some colors. Got the impression that most of the houses were not built for a specific buyer. Rather built and hoped they would sell. Sold many early on, but as of late, when Farber money dried up, Fore was in trouble. Fore could not bankroll interest payments due under terms of construction financing, especially since Fore was holding several lots and white elephant McMansions in Farmington, a lower priced community than NC. Add houses in NC. Those monthly interest payments start adding up quickly. Add other holding costs of insurance and real estate taxes, utilities, security, lawn care, advertising blah blah blah, he was drowning financially.

Make no mistake. I agree with much of what you say, especially peeling off money and sending it overseas. And he’s an a—. An all around great man to bring home to meet your family. Barf!

But remember, he had high credentials, from educational institutions, employment etc. He looked good on paper. And handsome and charming in person. What more could a future mother in law want?

An axe murderer?

Wanted to put an article into the thread by the Middletown Press about the impact of the Dulos case on Family Court in CT. First article I've seen to talk about this challenging topic in any detail. So, IMO Kudos to Middletown press!

Quotes from article:

"More than 300 motions were filed by the Duloses in their two-year divorce battle before the disappearance. Data shared by the Judicial Branch on Thursday indicates that the Dulos case may be among the most litigious of all divorce cases in Connecticut".

Only three Connecticut cases of more than 11,000 disposed in fiscal year 2019 had more than 200 filings by the plaintiff and defendants before a judgment was reached. [BBM] Shoutout to Judge Heller that she was handling such an 'outlier' case and extra attention and focus might be called for and perhaps a referral to criminal court due to extensive DV issues most of which appeared to be ignored IMO by Judge Heller.

Michael A. Albis, chief administrative judge for family matters, unveiled a “Family Court Triage” initiative last week that he said will help address these concerns. [BBM] Good news! Someone is paying attention in the CT judicary! Thank you! Judge Albis might I respectfully suggest a review of Judge Heller's handling of the DV issues in the Dulos case and also a full review of why this case was not moved to criminal court due to DV issues and why no consequences were ever imposed on FD for non compliance with financial information requests by the court? Has Judge Heller received any current training in DV issues that the State of CT is aware of?

The program would bring divorcing couples into court 45 to 60 days earlier than they would have previously had an appearance. Cases would start with a mandatory conference with family services prior to seeing a judge. Then, each would be assigned one judge and one family relations counselor for its duration, and judges would also have more scheduling authority. [BBM]

Sean Barrett, another lawyer who handles divorce cases, said reform efforts will face tests at the Stamford courthouse, which features many of the state’s most complicated divorce cases.

“These types of custody battles, where there’s hundreds of motions filed, more often than not happen in Stamford,” he said.

Lucibello agreed, noting that the most complicated divorce cases are those that involve a “trifecta” of contested custody, alimony, and lots of assets to divvy up.

“Just by the nature of the location, Stamford court does see a lot of these cases,” she said.

There’s always room for reform, and some cases drag out unnecessarily, she said, but it’s unclear how much is due to the structure of family court and how much is due to the individuals or facts involved in a certain case.

The complete facts of the Dulos case are not yet available, but of those that are known, “it does tell you that there were some significant issues involved,” Lucibello said. [BBM] Really?

MOO

What’s significant?
She had the money. It was hers before marriage. She keeps it.
Next?
He wanted the kids for the child support he was hoping to collect. He’s an unfit parent. Never mind that he’s gone 10 out of 30 days a month. She’s there every minute of every day.
Next?
Fore was in financial shambles. No value. Nothing to fight about.
Next? Aha!
The only thing needed? Forensic accounting to track potential theft/secretion of assets. Taking money by cover of secrecy.
Ok. Anything else?
I didn’t think so.

Court clerk announcement: “Next case called on the court docket is Jane Doe vs. John Doe....”
FYI. You cannot move a divorce case to criminal court. Civil includes family law. Murder goes to criminal court.

Last edited:

Quotes from article:

MOO
Thanks for this article. I e been to that Middletown family court as a professional and I’m always stunned by how long these cases take. There were so many red flags in this case for DV that I don’t kniw why it wasn’t picked up. I’m not talking certainly about all professionals here but some of the professionals they hire to do these psychological evals are just doing it for the money. MOO

MOO
I believe his eyes are so dilated from Cocaine that what you're seeing are primarily his pupils.
This would fit in with his hyperactive going all
night behavior.
even at his first hearing he still had the wild eyed look cause many stimulant drugs take
a while to totally leave the system.
can't wait for FD and MT drug tests results to come back during their trials!!!!

Cocaine leaves the system pretty fast. Hair samples are most reliable.

FD had two reasons to buzz his hair.
Slim chance of a stray hair falling out of his head and to be found at any murder scene.
Many drugs are difficult to prove with a very short hair sample. Add shampoo that is designed to pass any hair follicle drug test, his hair would test clean.
However, no short hair no dna found at the scene would certainly go a long way to prove premeditation. Hmmm. Wonder if LE vacuumed the garage and house. Now, wouldn’t THAT be interesting. Or JD Suburban? Wow. That would be awesome.
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first attempt to deceive.

Last edited:
I have always thought very dark brown eyes are the most beautiful color of all. I will say however that there is a physiological basis for what is said about large pupils and iris becoming darker than they would normally appear. Many victims/survivors of abuse report this. I have seen it. It does happen, IMO. I would never think that across the board people with dark eyes are evil. I am sure your light shines. After all, you are here supporting JD.
Thanks for your response. I’d appreciate a link to a reputable source, as I’ve never heard this, and it interests me. I’m not personally offended. I just don’t like to see people coming to conclusions about any “congenital features” that just can’t logically be made. In fact, how can we even conclude that someone has large pupils if they have very dark brown eyes with this level of visual access to that feature? Now, shifty eyes, wide open eyes, or other behaviors are a whole different subject.

Random thoughts tonight!

I wish LE would make another statement that wouldn’t compromise their investigation but drop a little innuendo to worry the accused and offer a little nod to the public that progress is being made.

IMHO during the assault in the garage JD was brilliant and brave and not only fought back but I think she warned him that her cleaning lady was arriving any minute so that he’d panic and she knew as a result he’d be hasty and sloppy thus leaving evidence to incriminate him.

I know and appreciate LE is working tirelessly on this case for Jennifer’s justice leaving no stone unturned as they know whom they’re up against and need an airtight case.... I just feel like I don’t want to presume things such as if they’re tracking/saving each and every single MSM statement, press interview, on radio/ tv etc. made by FD and his team of attorneys/family members/Greek parking attendant (is that what she was?) so that that when they try to change venues, they’ll be flatly denied. He and his posse is largely responsible for attempting to sway the public and potential jurors and therefore has no right or case to request a change. It just seems like the court has been so soft on both FD’s and MT’s ankle bracelet incidents that I’m worried.

It’s quite obvious that the prosecution and MT’s attorney are tight-lipped.

I also wonder if they’re reading all of JD’s blogs and will present them in court as they are a treasure trove. The one where she talks about the family bed and to paraphrase IIRC was how she was up with the littles all night long as they were out of sorts after traveling and she was trying to settle them down for the night one child after the next child waking up and moving from room-to-room and how she finally succeeded after hours and hours of patience and then FD got up at 4 am and noisily took a shower and turned on the lights. His selfishness is maddening and a testament to how he only cares about himself while she was the only nurturing and loving parent. Then she even commented that he was in a good mood the following day which was telling... as if most days he wasn’t in a good mood.
So many blogs with astounding revelations that the jurors should hear.

I agree with others that he used a drum but I really think he dug a super deep hole and used cement etc. as he had the trucks tools to bury her. He could’ve been digging far in advance on the Sturbridge or one of the Farmington properties without anyone batting an eyelash as they’re construction sites. Privacy and opportunity.

I think if it was buried deep enough in the dense woods on the property that the dogs wouldn’t be able to detect a scent. I am sure he would know how to cover it will soil, sod and greenery etc. so it didn’t look like it was freshly overturned. He may have even sprayed water so any scents were masked by the scent of soil etc.

Perhaps he used a wheel barrel to wheel the drum and that’s what made the metal banging noise. Then he covered the track carefully.

I apologize for being all over the place but I’m trying hard to keep the faith but worried about this case and these monsters.

Last edited:
The photo of MT and her mother (‘celebs had a great time at the premier, despite the rain’ - that one).

It’s just dawned on me what the mother’s expression conveys. Excitement. IMO She’s ENJOYING this. Notwithstanding they are a wholly peculiar family, why? Why is she enjoying it? What does it tell us about MT’s current motive?
They're in the spotlight that they seem to enjoy, and think it's just the usual paparazzi IMO, smile for the camera media circus, why not pose for a photo op??

They both, mother and daughter, have experienced and probably enjoyed media attention in the past around any situation.

MT is billed as a "CEO" and "socialite" in some headlines from her work at the Fore Group in CT, and prior to that, her time in FL when she and her sister started their own company selling Seal boots, before that she was in Dubai, Argentina, etc. working in promotion type high end organizations or corporations or interests. ETA: Plenty of photographs of MT posed with 'high profile' people.

MT's mother was tried for medicare fraud in her practice, also in FL so many years ago when MT & her sister were also in FL starting up and promoting their business (specialty footware for staying dry when walking in wet environs), but IIRC wasn't found guilty. (ETA: will look for a link, it was in the first couple threads).

IMO, MT & her mother smiling like that after a hearing where MT was facing serious criminal charges, no matter how simple the interaction was to continue the case, was partly 1) them being used to 'smiling for the camera' regardless of the seriousness of the situation, and 2) they are confident that MT is in the clear, and it will all blow over.

MOO

Last edited:
Agree, and if she had CPTSD, anxiety or depression it was probably caused by him! That’s what’s infuriating if the defense tries to use it against her. That’s exactly what abusers do, claiming the woman is mentally ill...it’s textbook.
I am beginning to suffer from those things just reading about him and I cannot imagine how miserable and terrified JD was . Especially having to try to keep things normal for the children while trying to shield them from FD’ s hatred and cruelty, constant belittling and undermining of her. Then to have him drag in his mistress and her daughter on top of everything else. And have to secretly plan the escape from him because of his threats of harm. And most horrible when the court denied her emergency request for full custody of the children. It makes you want to just sit down and cry but JD sure didn’t have time for self pity - she kept going and taking care of her children and being the best mother she could- all by herself. (MOO)

I am beginning to suffer from those things just reading about him and I cannot imagine how miserable and terrified JD was . Especially having to try to keep things normal for the children while trying to shield them from FD’ s hatred and cruelty, constant belittling and undermining of her. Then to have him drag in his mistress and her daughter on top of everything else. And have to secretly plan the escape from him because of his threats of harm. And most horrible when the court denied her emergency request for full custody of the children. It makes you want to just sit down and cry but JD sure didn’t have time for self pity - she kept going and taking care of her children and being the best mother she could- all by herself. (MOO)

It hurts my heart that Jennifer's story is so common in our society where many women sacrifice their own mental health and safety to hold a traditional family together for their children.

Arrogant and entitled men demean them as they flaunt their mistresses.

How distressing that a woman of means like Jennifer couldn't escape the nightmare of a narcissist.

Imagine how it is for someone poor or middle class.

God bless them all and may Jennifer be a warning to many.

Meh. FYI.
Car wreck case was discussed several posts back. His insurance company handled his defense. They call all the shots, even the appeal. He just sat there.

As to building his houses? Most were so called “spec” houses. And “custom” means as opposed to plain vanilla. Not build to order. Usual residential construction terms and definitions. Speculative in that they were built with interim/construction financing, Hilliard Farber money, then sold to a purchaser. Sometimes a purchaser may purchase before completed, picking some colors. Got the impression that most of the houses were not built for a specific buyer. Rather built and hoped they would sell. Sold many early on, but as of late, when Farber money dried up, Fore was in trouble. Fore could not bankroll interest payments due under terms of construction financing, especially since Fore was holding several lots and white elephant McMansions in Farmington, a lower priced community than NC. Add houses in NC. Those monthly interest payments start adding up quickly. Add other holding costs of insurance and real estate taxes, utilities, security, lawn care, advertising blah blah blah, he was drowning financially.

Make no mistake. I agree with much of what you say, especially peeling off money and sending it overseas. And he’s an a—. An all around great man to bring home to meet your family. Barf!

But remember, he had high credentials, from educational institutions, employment etc. He looked good on paper. And handsome and charming in person. What more could a future mother in law want?

An axe murderer?
Don't disagree with you but over the years FD did build houses for people in Farmington and Avon using a build to suit contract model (FORE started in 2004 and on their website most of the projects and project type are listed and its a mix of build to suit and spec). More than a few of these people that did build to suit have left reviews that were less than positive about the experience of working with FORE.

The bulk of the homes in present FORE inventory (Farmington and NC) are 'spec homes' as you correctly point out. But I do believe FORE has an Avon Property listed as both land for sale and build to suit on its webpage (585 Deercliff 585 Deercliff Road - Fore Group Inc.) which I believe is where FD/JD lived previously and where FD mother was run over by nanny in the driveway.

There has to be some reason that FD felt compelled to continue to build these 'white elephant' properties in Farmington when the market clearly doesn't support their size and price IMO. I hope that the forensic accountants brought in as part of the criminal investigation sort the situation out as it doesn't seem to make any business sense on the surface of things given the state of the housing market in Farmington specifically and CT in general. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member