CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering about this guy:

Texas murder suspect jumped the border into Manitoba: RCMP

derek-w.png

Note reference to "black goatee". I know they've said could be enroute to eastern Canada, but ... 2 things:

- could be tricky RCMP disinformation to make dude think they have it wrong

- could be RCMP had it right and dude changed direction when he read that news
Also been wondering..
Ws thread..
RCMP warning,Texas murder suspect,Derek Whisenan,crossed border into Manitoba.

i travel a lot in and out of manitoba during the summer season i actually just got back 3 weeks a go after spending 2 and half month within the plains of the states headed north after the spring tornado season ended in the plains and moved into the dakotas and canada
its a heck of a drive though but i mean this guy doesn't have much to lose
this would support my thoery a couple pages back about someone running from a different crime and trying to get cash and other assets to keep going, anything is possible
Info on him from the link:
*He's likely to be carrying a gun.
*He's likely to be traveling with a large mixed breed dog.
*He's from North Dakota but wanted for a murder in Texas.
*The victim in Texas was killed by blunt-force trauma.
*He abandoned his vehicle to cross the border (it was found) and was most likely
picked up by someone and driven to Winnipeg.
*He's considered armed and dangerous.

Possibly he is traveling but would have to have been supplied with or bought/rented/stolen a vehicle. It's about a day's distance from Winnipeg to the area of BC where Lucas and Chynna was killed, and that's by highway. Also up route 97. All FYI fellow sleuthers...some things to ponder in these confusing and possibly connected cases of murder and missing.

Last edited:
I don't understand the side doors, as in both being open unless they were already open before confrontation. I have a van like this that is one model year newer, the second back side door is very hard to open and has always been very hard to open. on mine the back side door closest to the front side door has to be open then you can get to the handle that opens second door. with the first door closed there is no exposed handle on outside or inside. if fleeing that operation of second door takes valuable time and for the killer I wouldn't think they would be wanting to hang around to try to get second door open. one door open gives plenty of room to get in and out, this makes me think both doors were open already before incident began.
Could it be that the perp broke the back door glass and just started shooting and both of the victims were simply trying to escape and so opened the van doors?

We just know that Lucas had no shoes on and Chynna had on one shoe. Could have been the jumped out as quickly as they could once the van was attacked? MOO

Last edited:
Could it be that the perp broke the back door glass and just started shooting and both of the victims were simply trying to escape and so opened the van doors?

this is what went through my mind or something close to it

CTV News Vancouver | Watch latest news

but nothing on this case, everything has done dark regards this thread

I'm in BC. No, these types of crimes are not common in BC. I'm not prone to quick linking either, but IMO the 3
scenes in northern BC are most likely connected. The Surrey men didn't go missing until July 17, so after the Liard incident of July 14/15. I doubt that one is connected.
Ironically, Logan Lake, where they traveled, is close to Merritt, where Ben Tyner went missing last January and Dean Morrison several years ago.

There are more than two dozen detectives reportedly working to solve the killings of two young international travellers on the Alaska Highway last week, and police may have a lead on a possible suspect.

[...]

But Australian media outlets have flown in to the remote part of Northeast B.C., digging up some key pieces of information from their sources as well as witnesses in the area.

[...]

Fowler and Deese were found around 7 a.m. on Monday, July 15. Trevor Pierre, a medic, told Nine News he found them in the ditch near their van, about five metres apart. One of the van's back windows had been smashed, and its back doors were left open.
Alaska Highway murder investigation a priority, police say

ETA: This is first I've read the van doors described as the back/rear doors that were left open along with back smashed window.

I believe side doors were photographed open but that doesn't mean these doors were open when van first located.

Last edited:
John Ackermann‏Verified account @jackermann
Due to the significant amount of inquiries and interest, BC RCMP will be holding two back-to-back media availabilities this afternoon to provide updates on two separate investigations: the Northern Rockies double homicide and the Dease Lake Missing persons investigation.

12:09 PM - 22 Jul 2019 pst

Wondering about this guy:

Texas murder suspect jumped the border into Manitoba: RCMP

derek-w.png

Note reference to "black goatee". I know they've said could be enroute to eastern Canada, but ... 2 things:

- could be tricky RCMP disinformation to make dude think they have it wrong

- could be RCMP had it right and dude changed direction when he read that news

Both are possibilities. I agree with the idea the murders of Lucas and Chynna appeared to be a situation where the killer was looking for a quick chance to get money, food, etc., then killed the witnesses to prevent them identifying him. He wasn't counting on the woman road worker who drove by, though. She probably gave them a good description of him and his vehicle.

Really hoping they get this monster soon. Watching for press conference.

Also, apologies to Canada from your neighbors here in the US for these scumbags getting into your country.

Tonight @9NewsAUS Canadian police reveal they’re hunting for two men after finding a third body

i reallu hope those two are not the killers and they murdered them, then went on the run and burned their own car, hijacked someone elses and killed that person and left them there

very big jumps and we will know more soon in about an hour, its my thoughts it could be 1000% wrong

I don't understand why he didn't have that couple help them instead of staying there. If it was flooded it should have started up in a short time again so I guess he was wrong on saying it was flooded.

Reports stated that Lucas explained why the vehicle was flooded and his planned repair which the mechanic that stopped to help agreed with.

There's also been a report that the couple were seen at the Liard Lodge the night before murdered, and investigators were gathering surveillance video there.

It's possible the couple left the roadside where they were once stranded and traveled to the Lodge -- returning later to the highway where they met their horrific death.

MOO

News video clip at link

Nine News Australia‏Verified account @9NewsAUS
1:28 AM - 22 Jul 2019

Yes, that sounds about right — and with their van having Alberta registration plates the angry bearded man could well be thinking “bloody tourists” before going off altogether. And once he’d spoken with them and realised they were really tourists, maybe he exploded.

Then who knows, maybe the two missing lads (while having B.C. rego plates, I assume?) were in a camper-like vehicle and if they’d done an illegal/dangerous road manoeuvre (u-turn right in front of him?) our bearded suspect might have snapped again.

(Also following along from Australia, I’m in Melbourne.)

Born and raised on Highway 97, a British Columbian would never think of an Albertan as a tourist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann