MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting this thread and finding links. I heard about this case this morning and found some MSM articles but could not find a link to a thread here.

From the little bit I read this morning and now, my guess is she had not been reported missing and this was recent...?

A year until graduating. Get so tired of hearing these things, who thinks they have such a right? Another young beautiful girl.

My heart goes out to her family.

I suspect something went wrong on Friday night. She appears to tweet just about everyday. With her last tweet being Friday and her body found Saturday morning it makes sense that we didn’t hear anything about her being missing.

I suspect something went wrong on Friday night. She appears to tweet just about everyday. With her last tweet being Friday and her body found Saturday morning it makes sense that we didn’t hear anything about her being missing.

I'd check/confirm other social media.

Given that most her tweets are re-tweets, I believe she likely used an app to schedule these promo re-tweets.

MOO

Last edited:
Not all of her tweets are RTs. And the RTs don't show as promoted tweets on my end, and I think they usually do.

I believe a message might be considered a "promoted tweet" even if without the label. For example, if you are retweeting messages that average 5k - 200k retweets each, it's not really a message from a friend that you simply want to share.

My point being that I didn't see where AK recently initiated any tweets (other than retweets) of her own prior to her death.

MOO

What happened to Ally Kostial? Details start to emerge

Ally Kostial, 21, was last seen stopping at the door of a bar on the square Friday night. She didn’t go in, she just turned and walked out of the camera’s view.

Authorities close to the case say she went home around midnight, but at some point she left the house again. Her roommates didn’t hear her leave.

That deputy found her body, shot eight times, as he patrolled.

Ally Kostial, 21, was last seen stopping at the door of a bar on the square Friday night. She didn’t go in, she just turned and walked out of the camera’s view.

Authorities close to the case say she went home around midnight, but at some point she left the house again. Her roommates didn’t hear her leave.

Thanks @Gardenista from what I’m reading she wasn’t reported missing yet LE just happened to find her body while out on patrol? What a shame I was looking at her VSCO account very pretty girl seems she had a lot of friends and a lot going for her. Her family must be devastated.

Eight times...yikes.

WLBT 3 On Your Side‏Verified account @WLBT
UPDATE: Foul play suspected in death of Ole Miss student https://buff.ly/2Y3YIpP

EAE9-MuWsAAjMdI.jpg

4:50 AM - 22 Jul 2019 pst

Does anyone know if MS-13 is active in Memphis?
I don’t know about MS-13 but I know from the Jessica Chambers case that there is a lot of gang activity in general in MS.

Being shot 8 times and left where she was easily found would fit gang activity, in my opinion, but I’m no expert.

I feel so heartbroken for her family. I have a teenage, blonde, blue-eyed Alexandria, and you know how it hits harder when there’s something about the victim that is familiar. So so sad.

Investigation underway after Ole Miss students death

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A multi-agency investigation is underway into the homicide of an Ole Miss student student. The body of 21-year-old Alexandria Kostial was found Saturday alongside a gravel road near Sardis Lake.

Students we talked with were shocked to hear the news.

[...]

It's a goal that tragically ended when Kostial was found dead Saturday along Buford Ridge Road, 30 miles from the Ole Miss campus.

A Lafayette County Sheriff's deputy was patrolling the stretch of road on the north side of Sardis Lake when Kostial's body was discovered.

Investigators aren't saying how the woman ended up here or how she died.

So She was home with her roommates by midnight, but then left later on, without telling them she was going out?

Was she close with her roomies? It seems like she would have said something to them, if they were close friends. Like " I'm going to the mini-mart, do ya'all want anything?' OR ' I am meeting up with that hot guy I met at that party. I'll call you later..."

But she just quietly left. I wonder where she was headed.:(

Justina Coronel‏Verified account @JustinaCoronel
ALLY KOSTIAL: This is Ally, on the right, with her roommate. Ally is described as sweet and genuine, who always had a smile on her face. Sadly, she was found dead near a lake 30 miles from Ole Miss’ campus & foul play is suspected. This St. Louis native went to Lindbergh High.

EAGjMRsX4AEHT4p.jpg

12:12 PM - 22 Jul 2019 pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members