CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIMELINE / CONFIRMED SIGHTINGS OF LF & CD:

Sat 13 July at 19:37 (about 7:37pm) couple & van seen on surveillance at petrol station, Fort Nelson;

Pink Mountain Campsite Hwy 97, seen by M. McKinley time tbd;

Sun 14 July around 4 pm Hwy 97 near Liard Hot Springs, seen by Curtis & Sandra B after stopping to offer mechanical assistance;

Hwy 97 about 8 pm by T. Pierre - road crew;

Hwy 97 about 11:30 pm by road supervisor, couple talking to bearded man;

Monday 15 July Hwy 97 about 6:45 am by T. Pierre - bodies located outside of van, deceased.

It's missing the time on Monday July 15 when the unnamed truck driver saw the bodies and alerted LE. The truck driver stayed at the scene until T. Pierre got there, and was noted by Pierre to be very shaken by it. My guess would be it was about dawn, maybe 5 am

The text of the article doesn't state that they were sighted AT Liard Hot Springs.

In fact, no other reports state they were there. Including LE. That would be a really critical piece of information, if verified.

If they were there, they would have had to turn around and drive south, and then turn around again and drive back up north, as their van was found off the side of the northbound lane, facing north.

@ 0:20 in the linked video, reporter states "Police say Sunday the couple pulled over at Liard Hot Springs". Almost 100% certain that this is erroneous info contributed by the reporter.

If cases are related (I say yes IMO), I'd think something like this. Someone, let's say bearded man (BM), kills Chynna and Lucas and turns around to head back north, toward the Yukon. Somewhere BM comes across Kam and Bryer, maybe disposes of them and steals their camper/truck. With this theory, his original vehicle, the older model Jeep, has to be abandoned somewhere and their bodies could be in Yukon.. It also explains why Kam and Bryer, who were headed to the Yukon to find jobs, turned around and came back into BC. At least their vehicle did. Maybe BM ran out of gas or found another victim and vehicle near Dease Lake rest area and abandoned and burned (to erase evidence) the camper truck, killed the mystery male and took his vehicle. All MOO, and sounds like a plot in a mystery novel. But I believe it fits in many ways.

The POI who is being sought was believed to have been travelling southward after the couple was found dead. But if the same person is involved, instead he’d have headed northerly toward Watson Lake, Yukon then south to Dease Lake/Stikine River Bridge. The driving distance is 6 to 7 hours apart. This is the only route to get from the one location to another. I’m still not convinced everything is connected.

046B93D5-47EB-47DD-BD82-00D89A57F90A.jpeg

Following the thread....the only thing good that may come out of this is that the police are certainly paying more attention to this area now. If this is a serial killer then they have made us and LE aware they are around and their time is counting down starting now.

Pierre said he checked the couple for a pulse, but that they were already cold and unnaturally pale. Fowler had a small wound, he said, but he couldn’t tell what had caused it.

Both bodies were laying north, with their heads facing west, he said.

According to Pierre, no one was inside the van. The vehicle’s two passenger-side side doors were open, he said, and the van’s back window had been smashed outward, with glass strewn outside the vehicle.

Here’s what we know about the 3 dead, 2 missing in Northern B.C.
If they were posed, is there some significance to north and west? Northwest Territories is what I see on a map.

The POI who is being sought was believed to have been travelling southward after the couple was found dead. But if the same person is involved, instead he’d have headed northerly toward Watson Lake, Yukon then south to Dease Lake/Stikine River Bridge. The driving distance is 6 to 7 hours apart. This is the only route to get from the one location to another. I’m still not convinced everything is connected.

View attachment 194554

I think in that area, 6-7 hours drive is pretty much par for the course and not a big deal.

Of course, if you are not from that area at all, then you might have some issues figuring out where to go.

If this wasn't the person involved in the Kam & Bryer disappearances farther north, then the perp would have to pass through Fort Nelson to head south, so LE likely has a good idea where the older Grand Cherokee with the black hood stripe went, either southwards towards Dawson's Creek and from there ? East to Alberta or farther south towards Prince George. I think the perp likely stole their money and CC, so probably had enough cash for a couple of gas fillups.

And if Trevor Pierre could determine she was beautiful in just a drive-past, so could any other man looking for trouble.

LE is undoubtedly reviewing all camera footage from Sunday between Liard HS and FN, and likely checking out everyone that stopped at Liard HS.

I think you guys might be reading too much into the "beautiful young woman" description.
The "something" was a passing motorist spotted they body 2km away and reported it to RCMP. And 2km to me really isn't "near" but they connected the 2 incidents for some reason.

https://7news.com.au/news/crime/thi...-fowler-and-girlfriend-were-murdered-c-356752

I think it's all about context.

These events within 2KM around a major city might not qualify as particularly "near." 2KM in a part of the world where (as I understand it) there aren't a lot of people and there aren't many burning cars or dead bodies along the highway... and to find them at the same time within that distance... can qualify as "near."

This is essentially along the lines of the scenario I've envisioned also. The mystery male found deceased could have been an innocent traveler who had stopped for a break, whilst the offender took mystery man's life then took his vehicle.

It's bloody strange that Mystery deceased man has not been identified yet. I do recall reading a comment here on WS that this man fits the description of a man who has not been seen since May.
And that is yet another mystery...a caretaker who went missing when the hotel burned down. Thread here for him as well. Michael Draeger from the Old Plaza Hotel in Victoria. Fire was in early May of this year. After the sketch was released, some have stated it looks like him.

View attachment 194554
That's why I stated he may have turned around to head back north. More remote that way or for any number of reasons.

Following the thread....the only thing good that may come out of this is that the police are certainly paying more attention to this area now. If this is a serial killer then they have made us and LE aware they are around and their time is counting down starting now.

Serial killers certainly capture the public’s fascination but on the other hand I think two (or more) murderers uncaptured is worse than one. Anyone capable of committing a senseless murder is dangerous and two dangerous lunatics are worse than one.

But I do have confidence the RCMP will get to the bottom of what’s occurred and justice will be served....it’s just a matter of time.

It's truly chilling to imagine what Lucas and Chynna must have had going through their minds when they realised that they were in big trouble. Even as the encounter was beginning, they may have felt like a long day was about to get longer, and still not truly aware of the danger the person presented until it was too late to escape.
:(

If cases are related (I say yes IMO), I'd think something like this. Someone, let's say bearded man (BM), kills Chynna and Lucas and turns around to head back north, toward the Yukon. Somewhere BM comes across Kam and Bryer, maybe disposes of them and steals their camper/truck. With this theory, his original vehicle, the older model Jeep, has to be abandoned somewhere and their bodies could be in Yukon.. It also explains why Kam and Bryer, who were headed to the Yukon to find jobs, turned around and came back into BC. At least their vehicle did. Maybe BM ran out of gas or found another victim and vehicle near Dease Lake rest area and abandoned and burned (to erase evidence) the camper truck, killed the mystery male and took his vehicle. All MOO, and sounds like a plot in a mystery novel. But I believe it fits in many ways.

I believe the last sighting of the camper belonging to K & B was about 3:15 at a gas station south of Dese Lake and they were verified as being there in person.

I think you guys might be reading too much into the "beautiful young woman" description.

I think it's all about context.

These events within 2KM around a major city might not qualify as particularly "near." 2KM in a part of the world where (as I understand it) there aren't a lot of people and there aren't many burning cars or dead bodies along the highway... and to find them at the same time within that distance... can qualify as "near."

2km in a city is candidacy for choosing a mode of transport to get there quicker and easier.

2km out in the open on reasonably level ground is on the upper end of a decent short stroll.

I believe the last sighting of the camper belonging to K & B was about 3:15 at a gas station south of Dese Lake and they were verified as being there in person.
You're right. Thanks for reminding me. I, probably like all of us here, am trying my best to follow at least 2 fast-moving threads.

If the young men are victims of the same perp, it seems like he leaves his victims along roads where they can be found??

jmo

Agree. If one person is responsible for the 2 missing teens and three murders, then the suspect kills people along the highway and leaves them there. Hiding his identity seems to be managed by destroying evidence (burned vehicle) and interfering with the identification of the victims (missing ID on all three murder victims).

If she was in plain sight, I'll bet every man's head swiveled when he saw a lithe young woman in shorts with long blonde-brown hair by the side of the road. I think this would be "notable" to anyone driving past.

It's interesting that the mechanic with the relatives who had stopped to talk to Lucas about assisting with the car isn't quoted by LE as saying anything about her. Was Lucas telling her to stay out of sight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member