KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

I'm pretty surprised that after all of this time and $14,000 on the table no one has come forward with any information. There's no way that "friend" whose house she stayed at hasn't told people what happened that night.

I would have thought someone would have come forward by now. Someone out there knows something and must be too scared to talk. One thing about people who murder others is that they can't keep their mouths shut and they always seem to share their bad deed(s) with at least one person.

I would have thought someone would have come forward by now. Someone out there knows something and must be too scared to talk. One thing about people who murder others is that they can't keep their mouths shut and they always seem to share their bad deed(s) with at least one person.
Ive read lots of rummors about who everyone suspects but without evidence I guess they're at a standstill.

I can’t believe that in this day & age, one can get away with Murder by setting the evidence on fire and running an “errand”. However, it truly seems that’s what has occurred in this case.
Agree completely..so sad..those involved have went on to live their lives, apparently without enough guilt to say something :mad::mad:

ID channel is doing a special on Brooke next week. I hope it helps. This is the case that brought me back to WS. I came here for the Jamison family and never thought I'd be on here for someone I knew. Since then, I've known several from the area who's been featured on WS. Brooke's is personal, though. She may have been 18 when she "disappeared" (let's cut to the chase, we know she's gone), but she'll always look like the little girl I knew her as. I worked with her in an after school setting and hadn't seen her in years when she disappeared. Because our farm was so close to one of the last places she was seen, though, it had to be checked. It still gets checked from time to time. I have dreamed about finding her throughout the years. I keep hoping someone will crack and talk. I honestly don't think they will until someone gets arrested for something else and tries to get a deal out of it.

ID To Air Special On Brookelyn Farthing Case Next Week

I watched the documentary and I honestly can't understand how there is any mystery. The man obviously woke up, came out , raped and killed her and then burned the couch to destroy forensic evidence.

Can cadaver dogs smell a scent that has been burned?

Is he still living in the area? Does he have a prior record?

I watched the documentary and I honestly can't understand how there is any mystery. The man obviously woke up, came out , raped and killed her and then burned the couch to destroy forensic evidence.

It hasn't been a mystery to any of us since it happened. It's pretty clear what happened. Everyone still lives here in the area.

Now that you've watched the special, it might become clearer why I have been so against the idea that Brookelyn's case and Savannah Spurlock's are connected. They're not. We know what happened to Brookelyn. The question is whether or not there will ever be an arrest.

Dogs were used, but I've never heard if they smelled anything. That couch sat outside in the elements before anything was tested on it. Cadaver dogs are great, but that may be beyond their level.

UK based here. Just wanted you guys to know that I picked up a reference to Brooke on another thread and it took me to this one. Absolutely shocking that no charges were brought and this beast runs free, no doubt laughing all the way. Please keep referencing elsewhere to bring others on board, maybe we can somehow raise the profile and even apply pressure to have the case reopened.

I agree that this isn't really a mystery, and my radar is going off loud and clear on this suspicious homeowner.

What I don't understand is that, according to the ID channel's "Still a Mystery", the home where Brookelyn was last seen at was right across the street from her Sunday school teacher.

What could've happened inside the house that terrified Brookelyn so much to text "Can u come pick me up now" at 4:02am and "I'm scared" at 4:26am, yet not enough as to try and leave the house, shout for help, and run across the street to safety? That's a 20-minute window, and she was most likely alone when she texted because otherwise I doubt she would've been able to message at all. Was she still out of it from the party a few hours prior?

Also, it was the solstice. So although the sun had not yet risen, morning twilight started around 4:21am, so it would no longer be completely dark outside.

I agree that this isn't really a mystery, and my radar is going off loud and clear on this suspicious homeowner.

What I don't understand is that, according to the ID channel's "Still a Mystery", the home where Brookelyn was last seen at was right across the street from her Sunday school teacher.

What could've happened inside the house that terrified Brookelyn so much to text "Can u come pick me up now" at 4:02am and "I'm scared" at 4:26am, yet not enough as to try and leave the house, shout for help, and run across the street to safety? That's a 20-minute window, and she was most likely alone when she texted because otherwise I doubt she would've been able to message at all. Was she still out of it from the party a few hours prior?

Also, it was the solstice. So although the sun had not yet risen, morning twilight started around 4:21am, so it would no longer be completely dark outside.

IMO a few other people dropped in at the house and they were engaging in activity that Brooke didn't like. I think that scared her. As far as why she didn't go across the street for help...she may have felt that afraid as in nervous but never actually felt in fear of her life. I grew up here and I could see her thinking, well, I don't want to bother them across the street; I'm probably overreacting. And then it was too late.

It has been six years since Brookelyn Farthing of Berea went missing, and there is still no sign of the Madison County woman.

Saturday marks the six-year anniversary of the disappearance of 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing, who was last seen at a home in Berea in 2013. Despite the years since the disappearance investigators say all they need to find Farthing is one solid tip.

Brookelyn Farthing: 6 years since Berea woman's disappearance

Exactly! Circumstantial evidence is still evidence.....

I listened to a podcast on this case and murder was not my first thought. Here's the scenario that came to my mind. BF went to this guys house. No electricity and no water in the wee hours of the morning doesn't sound like a party place so I don't think anyone else came to visit after the other guy left. She doesn't know the owner very well, it's pitch dark inside and out, no wonder she's scared. Sensing this, the guy goes outside to mess with his horses so she'll feel more comfortable, passing time until her ex shows up to take her home. Alone in a dark spooky house, possibly a little drunk from the party, BF starts chain smoking and in the dark, drops her cigarette and sets the couch on fire. (I actually did this in my husband's house before we were married.) In a panic she runs off for fear of the guy going ballistic on her, calling the police, her parents. She's scared she'll be in trouble with the law and everyone; decides to lay low for a few days. It's still dark however and she runs into those thick woods where she loses her phone and maybe has an accident. Breaks a leg or gets bitten by a snake and can't get help. The podcast said that wooded area is full of copperheads and rattlesnakes. I just find it hard to believe that LE and K9's couldn't find ANY evidence in the house or on the property. Maybe this is far fetched and I do like a good reach but stranger things have happened.

Perhaps this is why no one has come forward with information, even with that hefty reward. No one knows where she is or what happened because no crime was involved.

I listened to a podcast on this case and murder was not my first thought. Here's the scenario that came to my mind. BF went to this guys house. No electricity and no water in the wee hours of the morning doesn't sound like a party place so I don't think anyone else came to visit after the other guy left. She doesn't know the owner very well, it's pitch dark inside and out, no wonder she's scared. Sensing this, the guy goes outside to mess with his horses so she'll feel more comfortable, passing time until her ex shows up to take her home. Alone in a dark spooky house, possibly a little drunk from the party, BF starts chain smoking and in the dark, drops her cigarette and sets the couch on fire. (I actually did this in my husband's house before we were married.) In a panic she runs off for fear of the guy going ballistic on her, calling the police, her parents. She's scared she'll be in trouble with the law and everyone; decides to lay low for a few days. It's still dark however and she runs into those thick woods where she loses her phone and maybe has an accident. Breaks a leg or gets bitten by a snake and can't get help. The podcast said that wooded area is full of copperheads and rattlesnakes. I just find it hard to believe that LE and K9's couldn't find ANY evidence in the house or on the property. Maybe this is far fetched and I do like a good reach but stranger things have happened.

Well,some of those "thick woods" are literally part of my property. While it's true that we have our fair share of snakes here, I honestly don't think she succumbed to any elements of nature. That whole area was the first place checked and there were zero signs of her. I, personally, have been all through them on horseback and ATVs both immediately after her disappearance and in the months/years that followed. There has been no indication that she was ever in them.

I, and most people around here, think what happened to Brooke is very similar to what happened to Savannah Spurlock. A young woman is last seen with someone whose alibi is not ironclad (out "feeding horses" before daybreak). The one thing in the house that probably had actual evidence on it (the couch) was destroyed. Her last words, that we know of, was literally her reaching out to friends and family to come and get her because she was scared. IMO this is a very simple case, and I have faith that there will be an arrest someday. Hopefully the case will get some more national attention thanks to SS's case, and the pressure for others who know something to talk will increase.

Also, while people who know stuff might not be "stepping forward" with information for LE, it doesn't mean that they're not talking. There's been plenty of talk.

Well,some of those "thick woods" are literally part of my property. While it's true that we have our fair share of snakes here, I honestly don't think she succumbed to any elements of nature. That whole area was the first place checked and there were zero signs of her. I, personally, have been all through them on horseback and ATVs both immediately after her disappearance and in the months/years that followed. There has been no indication that she was ever in them.

I, and most people around here, think what happened to Brooke is very similar to what happened to Savannah Spurlock. A young woman is last seen with someone whose alibi is not ironclad (out "feeding horses" before daybreak). The one thing in the house that probably had actual evidence on it (the couch) was destroyed. Her last words, that we know of, was literally her reaching out to friends and family to come and get her because she was scared. IMO this is a very simple case, and I have faith that there will be an arrest someday. Hopefully the case will get some more national attention thanks to SS's case, and the pressure for others who know something to talk will increase.

Also, while people who know stuff might not be "stepping forward" with information for LE, it doesn't mean that they're not talking. There's been plenty of talk.

I think you are exactly right in what happened to her.

BBM.

Isn't it true, though, that her ex-fiancé couldn't pick her up because his night shift didn't end until 6:00am? Of course it's always possible he could've snuck away, but I imagine LE checked with his employer to confirm the alibi.

Also, if he did swing by after his shift, your scenario wouldn't have occurred in the dark anymore, because sunrise that morning was at 6:16am.

Do you have a link to the ID report for Brookelyn?

I always would think "yeah, if there's no electricity then what kind of party could be had?". Then I remember it happened in late June, and the house being somewhat isolated on the property they could certainly have had a mainly outdoors party. People looking to drink and party don't necessarily need a super bright light source to take part in that activity. JMO.

I always would think "yeah, if there's no electricity then what kind of party could be had?". Then I remember it happened in late June, and the house being somewhat isolated on the property they could certainly have had a mainly outdoors party. People looking to drink and party don't necessarily need a super bright light source to take part in that activity. JMO.

It wasn't a "party" , per se. The actual party was earlier that evening in a field. We light bonfires, set up lanterns, etc. It's a field party and we have them all throughout summer.
When Brooke left the party with the 2 guys, she went back to one of the guy's houses with him. The house was being foreclosed on and he had already moved to an apartment, though he still had access to the house. That is why the electric was off. Once there, it was just her, him, and MAYBE a couple of other people who stopped by for...stuff. That is the place from which she disappeared-not the actual party on the farm.

It wasn't a "party" , per se. The actual party was earlier that evening in a field. We light bonfires, set up lanterns, etc. It's a field party and we have them all throughout summer.
When Brooke left the party with the 2 guys, she went back to one of the guy's houses with him. The house was being foreclosed on and he had already moved to an apartment, though he still had access to the house. That is why the electric was off. Once there, it was just her, him, and MAYBE a couple of other people who stopped by for...stuff. That is the place from which she disappeared-not the actual party on the farm.
IMHO, your earlier post is as accurate a summary of Brooke's case as you will find anywhere. This is one of those tragic ones that is relatively straightforward (e.g. Tracy Ocasio) which almost makes it more maddening than some of the more convoluted ones (e.g. Jennifer Kesse or Maura Murray). I think, like Tracy's case, this is one where everybody is pretty sure what happened but the lack of a body and other physical evidence leaves LE without enough evidence to press charges. Hopefully one day that will change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back