Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

Thanks tresir2012 for taking time to post his offences. The two that I find interesting are the one for false or fictitious registration and the other for displaying incorrect registration number. There were so many cars on the family property that there's no telling where all he's been if he used any of those vehicles.
Excellent point!

Does anyone know why Carroll County LE would request an autopsy report on someone who shot himself? I can understand requesting DNA results, buy why the autopsy? I wonder what that could tell them about the Delphi crimes? Was there something unique to the killer at the CS, or in the audio, or the witness statements, whatever, that might be seen in an autopsy? IDK. Just curious.

Does anyone know why Carroll County LE would request an autopsy report on someone who shot himself? I can understand requesting DNA results, buy why the autopsy? I wonder what that could tell them about the Delphi crimes? Was there something unique to the killer at the CS, or in the audio, or the witness statements, whatever, that might be seen in an autopsy? IDK. Just curious.
I've been sitting here thinking about that. I just don't know. Height, weight?? Was there something LE saw on the video that wasn't shown to the public or something heard in the audio that would indicate a physical abnormality?? Do they suspect some kind of wound that would leave a long lasting scar? We know he sustained injuries from his last victim as he stated in the fb messages....I'm lost.

I asked that last night on the Delphi murder thread. Still not sure how scars, toxicology, weight etc can help LE confirm or rule him out as a suspect.

I asked that last night on the Delphi murder thread. Still not sure how scars, toxicology, weight etc can help LE confirm or rule him out as a suspect.
I'll have to catch up on that thread, too. But yeah, my first thought was toxicology. Maybe they found trace evidence of a certain drug (as in medication), or specific chemical residue that the killer likely handled and they now check current suspects for?

I've been sitting here thinking about that. I just don't know. Height, weight?? Was there something LE saw on the video that wasn't shown to the public or something heard in the audio that would indicate a physical abnormality?? Do they suspect some kind of wound that would leave a long lasting scar? We know he sustained injuries from his last victim as he stated in the fb messages....I'm lost.
Perhaps they want to compare his teeth to bite marks?

I'm hoping they are looking for something to link him to the murders of Abigail and Liberty, IF he did it. Since he is deceased there is no chance of an interrogation or confession. However, because he is deceased and can't be questioned they might just be trying to be thorough and rule him completely. If he was alive they could go back to him and check him over, get another blood sample, etc. However, once he is buried it gets a bit more complicated if someone in the investigation asks, "Did we get this?" or "Did we check this?".

I'm hoping they are looking for something to link him to the murders of Abigail and Liberty, IF he did it. Since he is deceased there is no chance of an interrogation or confession. However, because he is deceased and can't be questioned they might just be trying to be thorough and rule him completely. If he was alive they could go back to him and check him over, get another blood sample, etc. However, once he is buried it gets a bit more complicated if someone in the investigation asks, "Did we get this?" or "Did we check this?".
I bet the ME did a thorough autopsy, too. I'm sure it will take a long time for LE to investigate his past and possible connections to previous crimes. I don't know if he's the Delphi killer, but he's a scary dude nonetheless.

I bet the ME did a thorough autopsy, too. I'm sure it will take a long time for LE to investigate his past and possible connections to previous crimes. I don't know if he's the Delphi killer, but he's a scary dude nonetheless.
Yes, and I'm not only thinking they did a very thorough autopsy, but the investigative team in Delphi wanted the report ASAP. That way, they look at it and if they want something else checked they can contact the ME before too much time has passed.

I hope there aren't rape kits sitting untested that won't be compared because I'd bet my life savings on at least one match.

This article has been posted several times, but in it they call PE a "convicted sex offender." Is that accurate, or just poor reporting (this is the same article in which they opened with "blew his brains out")? Would they be calling him that already for his recent crime, or isn't he still considered a "suspect?"

New suspect in double murder of teen girls in Indiana

Last edited:
Nothing new here, but rereading it, I do think @FinePrint is correct about PE being called in as a tip prior to the recent incident. Especially the statement Leazenby made about "has moved up on the priority list." If he hadn't already been on the 'list', than moved up from where? I might change my mind in 10 minutes...

Sheriff: Delphi murder investigators requested Etter autopsy results, DNA
“We’re not in a position where we’re saying this guy has moved up on the priority list or anything like that. We continue to follow him as we would anyone else,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

Carroll County’s sheriff says investigators were already looking at Etter because his name had been called in to the tip line set up for the case.

After his suicide, investigators asked for Etter’s autopsy and DNA results as a way to either make him a suspect or rule him out.

The sheriff cautions jumping to any conclusions.

“Let’s let our investigators do their job and play this out and follow it out as far as we can and see where it takes us,” said Leazenby, adding there was no definitive timeline of when they’d have answers regarding Etter.

Its a great question and I really dont know either and can only guess.

Guessing that maybe if they know the murder weapon that happened to the girls then maybe they are looking for any wounds that would match the weapon. For example if a serrated knife was used on the girls then maybe serrated knives could leave a special type wound on the perp too if he fought with the girls.

So much time has passed since the Delphi murders that any wounds the perp would have had would be healed up by now but maybe scarring could still be analyzed or things like that.

That and like others suggested maybe if his Autopsy shows he had leg problems then it could match up to perceived BG walking issues that may have been perceived by some to be on the girls video.

The last thought I had about the autopsy was maybe it is simply required by the department because of how he ended up dying in that situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back