CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am extremely impressed with the fines the RCMP has been giving out for speeding in a 60kmh construction zone;
\
12:05 - 20yo @ 94 kmh = $940
12:12 - 65yo @ 113kmh = $1438
12:20 - 64yo @ 112kmh = $1412
12:41 - 51yo @ 111 kmh = $1385
12:43 - 22yo @ 121 kmh =$1647

And, fine is doubled if workers are present when the speeding occurs; we've had a spate of road-workers killed on Canadian highways in the past few years. All the provinces are stepping upin the campaign against speeding in construction zones. So tragic and such a preventable loss of life.

I think they may have known that these two cases were linked early on, when they were telling the public that they were not linked. Is that why the manner of death of the deceased male near Dease Lake is "not relevant"? If so, this investigative decision may be putting people in harm's way now. Holdback can go too far sometimes. These two suspects got a head start that has them putting public safety at risk far beyond the remote local community where this mess started.

My opinion. Voicing it. If the connection was known early on and withheld, the RCMP owes us an explanation at the end of the day. Public safety comes first, in my opinion. Others may disagree.

I agree public safety comes first, but I see nothing that indicates that they were well aware that these two were anything more than missing youths in the beginning of this, at least up until finding the burnt truck/3rd victim and following the evidence gathered from there. JMO

At this point in time there’s nothing to indicate a cultish or ritualistic involvement whatsoever.

Yes everything we have seen so far is consistent with a botched robbery homicide, leading to other homicide while on the run.

Anything is possible but it is best to apply Occam, and when it comes to being killed by a stranger, robbery homicide is a much, much, higher probability than cult, or serial or mass murder.

Around the pas is Clearwater lake it's the clearest lake in North America 3 rd clearest in the world there's also a ton of other lakes in the area there's also a lot of hunters that come to Canada to that area to hunt and fish so there's so many tourists it's going to be hard to find them if they changed appearances.

Not too hard because even if they can change appearance, they are 6'4" and skinny. Doesn't matter what color hair or if they shaved off beards or whatever, they will still stand out in any crowd - particularly if they are still together.

If they were smart criminals, they would hole up in some cabin, but with it being summertime, that will also be tricky because people are using their cabins. Hopefully they are caught soon.

I agree public safety comes first, but I see nothing that indicates that they were well aware that these two were anything more than missing youths in the beginning of this, at least up until finding the burnt truck/3rd victim and following the evidence gathered from there. JMO

I read somewhere that they didn't even have as much as a traffic ticket prior to this, so not previously known to police in any way.

Agree. They don't seem posed. More like ordered to laying the ditch and executed

According to the couple that saw Lucas and Chynna's broken down van on the side of the road and pulled over to ask if they needed help, they were already sitting on the side of the road having a picnic while waiting for their vans engine to unflood. So, apparently they were already sitting on the side of the road near their vehicle, likely where their bodies were found....

Yes everything we have seen so far is consistent with a botched robbery homicide, leading to other homicide while on the run.

Anything is possible but it is best to apply Occam, and when it comes to being killed by a stranger, robbery homicide is a much, much, higher probability than cult, or serial or mass murder.

MOO but maybe it wasn't a botched robbery. Maybe they had planned all along to kill people and the need to steal cars was simply to necessitate the ability to remain free and commit more murders.

I suspect that when they stopped in SK they likely used a victim's credit card, which LE would have been watching for. LE would then check security video to see who used it and got the most recent images of the pair. At that time they would have been considered suspects, not missing.

So is this saying that they no longer think they are in Gilliam ? I’m confused I thought that was the actual end of the road ? Are they saying they hijacked another vehicle and turned back .... theoretically passing LE going the opposite direction?

They were spotted in Gillam on Monday afternoon and the vehicle was burned monday as well if I have the timeline correct. They weren't considered suspects until yesterday and the spottings weren't reported until tuesday. They could have left the area well before LE blockades were in place

Do we even know if they've found themselves another vehicle?

Money and/or access to money is going to dry up soon which is going to make them even more desperate. I'm not sure Canadians carry around a lot of cash anymore. I never have cash. I use my debit card for almost everything. This could definitely pose a problem and cause frustration.

Do we know what kind of a weapon they are using? Shotgun or handgun or both?

I want to say that they are long gone from the Gillam area however, there are no reports of stolen vehicles or missing persons in the area.

I think LE is correct - they could be ANYWHERE and that's a real scary thought.

I suspect that when they stopped in SK they likely used a victim's credit card, which LE would have been watching for. LE would then check security video to see who used it and got the most recent images of the pair. At that time they would have been considered suspects, not missing.

Has there been any articles released making mention of stolen items and/or their potential usage?

ETA: Not doubting that could have happened. I just hadn't read mention of that before so wondering if I missed something.

Coroner/ME work is a process. From the first arrival at the scene to the final determination the coroners could/would informally be telling thee best educated guesses to law enforcement to help with initial investigation, possible identification of killers, time of death, means and manner, eg type of knife or gun. There are many reasons why that would not be released to public or even possibly denied being known or suspected:

- It could hamper prosecution by being mostly right but have errors that would give defense ability to confuse prosecutions case
- They may not want suspects to know they are suspects. this could hamper both apprehension and developing of more evidence -- and also could result in suspects killing more people if they know they are already wanted for murder.
- next of kin notification issues

These two, unless under the influence of drugs, like most guys that age will be very hungry, tired and cranky, imo, speculation.
Wondering if they will try and stay at some rundown motel where people do not look at you or ask too many questions?
Assuming and hoping this has hit all the Canadian, foreign language media too.

The gun homicide rate is 50X higher in the US than it is in Canada. US statistics are pretty irrelevant here. Canada is not like the US.
Actually where they are in Canada has higher homicide rates than large parts of the US. And the gun homicide rate in the US is not "50x higher." And why are you making it about guns? I am quoting overall homicide rate.

What is the point of the red herring? withing the murder rates the type sof murders are fairly consistent worldwide: top three: criminal on criminal, domestic/acquaintance, robbery homicide

Canada has very strict gun laws .... where do you suppose they got a gun ? Do we know if they were shot with a hunting style rifle or hand gun ?

Shotguns and rifles don’t appear to be subject to many restrictions.

I think the weapon is likely to be something like that.

Canada has very strict gun laws .... where do you suppose they got a gun ? Do we know if they were shot with a hunting style rifle or hand gun ?
I lived in Canada for a few years with work.

And 18 year old without a criminal record can buy high powered rifles, semi auto riffles etc legally fairly quick and easily. process takes a mater of weeks in waiting period but not hard at all. The main difference in canada is handguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallfry92