CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically the Rav4 is a 4wd vehicle, so I think they’d go for something like that again, small, better gas milesge, less conspicuous, Manitoba-plated, or a tourist rental car.

A tourist could go missing for longer before authorities were alerted than a local person.
Ugh. Good point about the tourist. Hope they are on foot, bug-bitten, and hungry....with one ready to turn in the other.

jmo

Technically the Rav4 is a 4wd vehicle, so I think they’d go for something like that again, small, better gas milesge, less conspicuous, Manitoba-plated, or a tourist rental car.

I know they make Rav4s in different configurations, including 2WD, 4WD, and AWD. Do we know the one they had is 4WD?

Sarah MacDonald‏ @smacdonald__
Sarah MacDonald Retweeted Sarah MacDonald

Good morning from #Iskut—80 km south of #DeaseLake. Murder suspects Bryer #Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod are now thought to be several province's east, but they've allegedly left a trail of destruction behind. @BCRCMP are still combing multiple crime scenes in the area. @GlobalBC

7:12 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

#UPDATE: We've now accessed the site where that truck—driven by homicide suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod—was found, burning, near #DeaseLake last week. The body of an unidentified man, suspected to have been killed by the pair, was found a short distance away. @GlobalBC

EAOObTGVUAAyb7r.jpg

EAOObUOU8AI0Zkn.jpg

EAOObUMUcAAC9N4.jpg

12:23 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

To answer questions regarding the above photos of the active scene, with the burnt truck that was driven by #Schmegelsky and McLeod: we're told by @BCRCMP the truck's fibreglass camper melted in the fire. The structure on the left was built by arson investigators. /1 @GlobalBC

7:21 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

.@BCRCMP tell us that us that, as investigators methodically comb through the charred items inside the truck, they are laying them out on that blue tarp to log and keep track of them. Interestingly, a burnt computer is among the items. /2 @GlobalBC

As for the tent in the right foreground: that, too, was erected by @BCRCMP investigators on site. They've now been securing the scene—one of several still-active crime scenes—for nearly six days. Dozens of @BCRCMP members have now travelled to #DeaseLake to assist. /3 @GlobalBC

Sarah MacDonald Retweeted Sarah MacDonald

Good morning from #Iskut—80 km south of #DeaseLake. Murder suspects Bryer #Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod are now thought to be several province's east, but they've allegedly left a trail of destruction behind. @BCRCMP are still combing multiple crime scenes in the area. @GlobalBC

7:12 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

#UPDATE: We've now accessed the site where that truck—driven by homicide suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod—was found, burning, near #DeaseLake last week. The body of an unidentified man, suspected to have been killed by the pair, was found a short distance away. @GlobalBC

EAOObTGVUAAyb7r.jpg

EAOObUOU8AI0Zkn.jpg

EAOObUMUcAAC9N4.jpg

12:23 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

To answer questions regarding the above photos of the active scene, with the burnt truck that was driven by #Schmegelsky and McLeod: we're told by @BCRCMP the truck's fibreglass camper melted in the fire. The structure on the left was built by arson investigators. /1 @GlobalBC

.@BCRCMP tell us that us that, as investigators methodically comb through the charred items inside the truck, they are laying them out on that blue tarp to log and keep track of them. Interestingly, a burnt computer is among the items. /2 @GlobalBC

As for the tent in the right foreground: that, too, was erected by @BCRCMP investigators on site. They've now been securing the scene—one of several still-active crime scenes—for nearly six days. Dozens of @BCRCMP members have now travelled to #DeaseLake to assist. /3 @GlobalBC

Thorough tweets! She's one to follow. Thanks.
jmo

Maybe it got stuck in the terrain and then they decided to burn it.

Hmmm....

jmo
I wonder if somewhere in these boys' childhoods
either or both were into fire and pyromania.
I've notice that many adult criminals had that
in their past and the burning of the RAV doesn't seem to have an apparent reason other than maybe for the thrill of the fire. moo.

After finding out that the RAV4 was on fire Monday 7pm, I agree with opinions that they could have doubled back already, before police were alerted.

But so far no reports of them buying gas. So there is higher probability of them hiding or hiking near Bird Reserve.

Looking at google earth, the area surrounding Gillam is so vast and remote. They could be just about anywhere. They may not even be alive anymore.

And keep in mind, that vehicle near Fox Lake was found burning at 7pm Monday evening local time...over 40 hours ago and over 12 hours before the pair were listed as suspects and even known to be outside of northern BC by the public.

They could still be there in that area, but they also could be a long way from there as well.

Andrew Kurjata ‏Verified account @akurjata
A couple of clarifications to make on the situation in Gillam 1. A burnt-out vehicle was found approximately 70km north of the community. It has NOT been confirmed as the one that was driven by the suspects (nor has it been confirmed as not being the one driven by the suspects)

7:34 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

Andrew Kurjata ‏Verified account @akurjata
2. While Manitoba RCMP said they had information the suspects were in the Gillam area yesterday, they have not confirmed that 100 per cent, nor has anyone else.

7:36 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

After finding out that the RAV4 was on fire Monday 7pm, I agree with opinions that they could have doubled back already, before police were alerted.

But so far no reports of them buying gas. So there is higher probability of them hiding or hiking near Bird Reserve.
The RAV4 fire was Monday? I'm lost!

Anyone want to do a quick timeline - doesn't have to be super extensive just the basics?

jmo

I really hope that comment about them running over the unidentified man isn’t true, that’s really cold blooded ugh.

well i mean, randomly killing two people out on a stretch of highway who were just minding their own business is pretty cold blooded too :(

i've been wondering/speculating if the unidentified man had been hit by a car.

On Wednesday morning, News Corp Australia published an article in which Schmegelsky's father, Alan, said the two young men described themselves as self-taught survivalists who "trained in war and camouflage in the woods" where they liked to go and "play war."

So possibly still up in the swamp and woods waiting for arrival of police.

The RAV4 fire was Monday? I'm lost!

Anyone want to do a quick timeline - doesn't have to be super extensive just the basics?

jmo

I think I got it all here...please correct what I may have missed or gotten wrong!

Friday, July 12- BS and KM leave Port Alberni, BC

Monday July 15- LF and CS found murdered near Liard Hot Springs, BC

Thursday, July 18- KM and BS seen at Jade City Store north of Dease Lake

Friday July 19- KM and BS’s truck found burned; unidentified man found a few km away near Dease Lake, BC

Sunday, July 21- KM and DS possibly seen in Meadow Lake, SK

Monday, July 22- RCMP stated that KM and BS spotted in northern Saskatchewan sometime in early morning this day

Monday, July 22 @ approx. 4pm- KM and BS seen in Split Lake, MB

Monday, July 22 @ approx. 7pm- burning car resembling a Rav4 found near Fox Lake First Nation, MB

Tuesday, July 23- RCMP announce KM and BS suspects in deaths of LF, CS and unidentified man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member