CA CA - Julie Elizabeth Soracco, 15, Placerville, 1 Aug 1977

Murkywaters

Reaction score
eonckV5.jpg
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

According to family rumors, Soracco was visiting friends in El Dorado County (Placerville), she left their residence to walk to another friend's house and never made it. The DLC is unknown and approximated.

Last edited:
She looks like a good kid in those photos. Happy. Not added until yesterday? Is that unusual?!? I'm assuming she was reported missing decades ago??

I'm not sure if we can mention Facebook even discretely, so hope this is OK. When I search her name, I quickly found an alumni page, and what seems to be a private investigator sharing more photos and details.

She reminds me of something I've seen here in WS. I'm going to go compare & will return.

She looks like a good kid in those photos. Happy. Not added until yesterday? Is that unusual?!? I'm assuming she was reported missing decades ago??
No, she was reported missing not too long ago

if read carefully, there is quite a few information:
1) she was living with her mother and sister (where is her father?)
2) Then she was sent to live with her grandfather
3) Then she was placed in foster care
4) grandfather did not want her case to be publicized and her disappearance was rarely discussed within her family.
5) It was possible that no missing person report was filed at the time for her, we are not even sure the date she went missing

Julie has been added to The Charley Project

Julie Elizabeth Soracco – The Charley Project

soracco_julie.jpg
soracco_julie2.jpg
soracco_julie3.jpg
soracco_julie4.jpg

• Missing Since 08/01/1977
  • Missing From Placerville, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 07/06/1962 (57)
  • Age 15 - 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Julie's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
The circumstances of Julie's disappearance are very unclear; even the date is unknown. She was last seen sometime in 1977 or 1978. She attended El Dorado High school at the time of her disappearance.

According to what her family knows, Julie had lived in Sacramento, California with her mother and sisters, then went to live with her grandfather in Placerville, California. After some time, she was placed in foster care and lived with a couple called Aldea. She may have disappeared while walking from her foster family's home to her grandfather's home.

It's unclear whether a missing persons report was filed at the time, and Julie's grandfather did not want her case to be publicized. Her disappearance was rarely discussed within her family. Julie was reported missing in July 2019, over forty years after she was last seen. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

Julie has been added to The Charley Project

Julie Elizabeth Soracco – The Charley Project

soracco_julie.jpg
soracco_julie2.jpg
soracco_julie3.jpg
soracco_julie4.jpg

• Missing Since 08/01/1977
  • Missing From Placerville, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 07/06/1962 (57)
  • Age 15 - 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Julie's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
The circumstances of Julie's disappearance are very unclear; even the date is unknown. She was last seen sometime in 1977 or 1978. She attended El Dorado High school at the time of her disappearance.

According to what her family knows, Julie had lived in Sacramento, California with her mother and sisters, then went to live with her grandfather in Placerville, California. After some time, she was placed in foster care and lived with a couple called Aldea. She may have disappeared while walking from her foster family's home to her grandfather's home.

It's unclear whether a missing persons report was filed at the time, and Julie's grandfather did not want her case to be publicized. Her disappearance was rarely discussed within her family. Julie was reported missing in July 2019, over forty years after she was last seen. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.
Thank you for sharing:);)

This case raises SO many red flags...

Why was Julie being passed around from family member to family member, then to foster care? Why was the family wanting to keep her disappearance hushed up?

Acting up? hanging with wrong crowd? substance abuse ? Maybe her family did not believe she met with foul play, but running away and living a life her family did not approval ? Maybe her family even knew, at least in a short time, her whereabouts after here disappearance ?

Placerville looks like a fairly small town. I might be way off base, but if the population was even smaller in the 70s, and the grandfather was a local doctor, there may have also been concern about reputation and social standing in the community of they thought she was involved in anything "questionable" ? Small towns can be weird, even today. Maybe there was already tension and it gossip with her in foster care?

Speculation by me, of course. Just thinking of reasons why he wouldn't want publicity.

Placerville looks like a fairly small town. I might be way off base, but if the population was even smaller in the 70s, and the grandfather was a local doctor, there may have also been concern about reputation and social standing in the community of they thought she was involved in anything "questionable" ? Small towns can be weird, even today. Maybe there was already tension and it gossip with her in foster care?

Speculation by me, of course. Just thinking of reasons why he wouldn't want publicity.

In a short time period, she moved from her mother's place to her grandparent's place, then was sent to foster care, there was ought to be some stories behind this, none of these kind of stories her family would want people to know, even today, "I just sent my kid to foster care" is not something you brag about

They're so alike, too much alike...
I hope she's not the girl in those pictures otherwise she's probably dead

I know.. Even though many photographed by him did come forward & say they're ok, that shoot is one of the more disturbing ones, in my opinion.

It might give closure and answers though. Maybe the PI working this will take a look?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back