CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've checked back in here off and on. Thank you for trying to solve this! I guess I just want to chime in. I am not a verified family member (though I am completely willing to do what it takes to become one. Not sure what that entails...) A lot of people are scrutinizing my uncle's interview. I suppose I would do the same. But I know him. He is not an emotional guy. He is genuine to who he is in answering those few short questions. In my opinion, he and Barbara are the perfect match. Both desert-lovers and hikers. They always seem to be in sync and I've always been so happy that he found someone to share his passions with. They bicker off and on like any normal couple but there is a deep love there. I don't see them that often, but I don't believe they had any marital problems. He is completely wrecked by this. My family is very worried about him. Just wanted to share. I'm still praying for answers. It's been many surreal days...thanks again.

Is there something you are going to point out? Just curious.

The other thing I wanted to point out, which you made a GREAT point about neighbor's security cameras, is IF RT went along the 40 with BT to Kelbaker Rd but didn't make it there, it would also show how much desert is out there along the way where BT could have been left.

Robert was very much in love with his wife.
What does that have to do with the video surveillance footage and how can you be so sure this is true?
A couple of minutes of an interview does not tell us how much someone loves their spouse, but video footage would tell us even less, I would think.
It may give us some clues as to what has happened, though, if it exists.

It's hard to tell by his words or mannerisms whether or not he is being deceptive in his interviews.

What is more significant to me are the discrepancies in what the media has reported and what he apparently told the VI.

For example, him telling his family he called 911 around noon as it was getting hot and he was not able to find her, and that they had never been there before when the family says that they have. Imo

I wonder if anyone can verify that BT actually wrote the “love notes” RT trotted out. Personally that whole thing struck me as weird. Her loving him proves and disproves nothing, except it would suggest she didn’t leave voluntarily. And if she really was kidnapped, her feelings toward RT are irrelevant. I wonder what his thought process was there.
My thoughts too.

I've checked back in here off and on. Thank you for trying to solve this! I guess I just want to chime in. I am not a verified family member (though I am completely willing to do what it takes to become one. Not sure what that entails...) A lot of people are scrutinizing my uncle's interview. I suppose I would do the same. But I know him. He is not an emotional guy. He is genuine to who he is in answering those few short questions. In my opinion, he and Barbara are the perfect match. Both desert-lovers and hikers. They always seem to be in sync and I've always been so happy that he found someone to share his passions with. They bicker off and on like any normal couple but there is a deep love there. I don't see them that often, but I don't believe they had any marital problems. He is completely wrecked by this. My family is very worried about him. Just wanted to share. I'm still praying for answers. It's been many surreal days...thanks again.
Thank you for coming on here and giving us a perspective from your side of the family. It really helps.

For example, him telling his family he called 911 around noon as it was getting hot and he was not able to find her, and that they had never been there before when the family says that they have. Imo

Is "there" the Mojave Desert or that trailhead or that specific trail?

Can the word "there" be used with a different context given that these were different conversations to different people?

The other thing I wanted to point out, which you made a GREAT point about neighbor's security cameras, is IF RT went along the 40 with BT to Kelbaker Rd but didn't make it there, it would also show how much desert is out there along the way where BT could have been left.
I can't look myself, but where is Essex in relationship to the offramp, or Ludlow?

Is "there" the Mojave Desert or that trailhead or that specific trail?

Can the word "there" be used with a different context given that these were different conversations to different people?
Could be.
I just assumed the VI meant that specific place, but I guess it could be the general area that he was referring to.

Yep, but I'm truly, respectfully, asking out of curiosity, what else could an innocent person say when asked that question?
I don’t know; “no, I did not” or something. I just think it’s interesting that so many perps throw in that “absolutely.” As I said, I have no opinion in this re RT.

The fact that he kept and cherishes these notes is even more telling than her writing them for him.
I think that depends on the situation.
I once got upset after my ex threw away little notes I left for him so he made sure he never did it again.
So it's hard to say whether or not keeping the notes was his own decision. Imo

To me that only shows that she is compassionate and considerate.
If he showed the media love notes that he had written for her I would say the same about him.

For this man to save the little love notes his wife puts on his pillow, it is very telling.

In order for Barbara to have the feeling to always make such a gesture her man has to be very loving to her. IMO

For this man to save the little love notes his wife puts on his pillow, it is very telling.

In order for Barbara to have the feeling to always make such a gesture her man has to be very loving to her. IMO
True, but it also may be that she was making an attempt to assure him of her love for him.
Those notes may have been from several years ago, or something she wrote as a result of an argument, so it's hard to read anything from them. Imo

Thank you for sharing your insights, and my deepest sympathy for your family, having to deal with this terrible thing.

Here is the process for becoming a verified insider. Just skip the ‘verified professional’ part of it.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member