OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, might explain AW's cracked shell look. They got caught, don't they record calls.... that would be a doosy of a screw up if they do :eek:
Would love to know if FW talks to RN in any way...
Yes, AC said they had several lengthy conversations. AW and RN even talked about the fact they weren't supposed to be talking. There are recorded conversations as I read on The Motion to Revoke Bail. IIRC listening to the hearing today and reading the motion.

I totally agree! Judge Deering was way too lenient on her today. IMO, actions speak louder than words, in both hers and his. She was clearly in violation of her bond, and JD gave RN nother free month to continue talking to AW. What a shame, IMO. And great disrespect to the Proecution on the Judge's part, IMO.
I believe that there is/are recording(s) of the phone conversation(s). So I am guessing that it is "Evidence" Discovery that will be argued at Motions Hearing in late August. IMHO

And, if they discussed anything about the "Case" it will be very bad for both AW and RW in my opinion.

I believe that there is/are recording(s) of the phone conversation(s). So I am guessing that it is "Evidence" Discovery that will be argued at Motions Hearing in late August. IMHO

And, if they discussed anything about the "Case" it will be very bad for both AW and RW in my opinion.
Well hopefully they said something incriminating. Maybe that is why they allowed it to happen multiple times; to see if they were stupid enough to say something. Giving them the feeling of, hey, we didn’t get busted so we can just keep talking. When LE May have been just waiting for them to say something that could hurt their cases. JMO

Well hopefully they said something incriminating. Maybe that is why they allowed it to happen multiple times; to see if they were stupid enough to say something. Giving them the feeling of, hey, we didn’t get busted so we can just keep talking. When LE May have been just waiting for them to say something that could hurt their cases. JMO

I had a relative jailed years ago, and while trying to arrange bail, was told by the prosecutor (and defense attorney) that all phone calls from jail are recorded, and anything said could be used in the case, against the defendant.

I'm positive AW and RN's attorneys gave them the exact same advice - if so, then AW was desperate to talk to her mother, or arrogant, thinking the rules don't apply to her, or really really dumb... jmo/moo SMH.

Regarding the phone calls- at first I thought AW must have used a smuggled cell phone to think she could get away with calling her mom but this article does say the calls were recorded by the jail.

She must just feel really desperate to have done this on a record jail line. Unless it’s a strategy??? (ETA- JMO, trying to throw out ideas/possibilities)

Improper phone conversations topic of hearing - Portsmouth Daily Times

Just as I was thinking!

I live in Pike County and my phone is off grid ... certain areas has No service and mine is one of them unless i use wifi calling and still i have problems .. dropping calls alot and no service even with wifi .. jmo

I recall a while back discussing whether some of the perps and victims were using something similar to Facebook messaging to communicate and that one of the perps had hacked someone's messaging account. IIRC, it was in a Bill of Particulars or indictment. Assume that is what is considered wifi messaging. What other ways do locals use to call or message each other when cell phone signals are spotty? TIA

YES I agree.
Found it very shocking although I truly expected it.

Rhoden Murders Thread Housekeeping Note:

Hi All,

In case you haven't noticed, our threads have been moved to the Trials section here at WS. We still have a Media & Timelines thread back in the Crimes In the News section where we've been storing video, news stories and copies of documents related to the a arrests and pre-trial hearings of the Wagners.

Here in the Trials section, we have the opportunity to create a new reference thread for court docs related to the Wagner family trials. We can post one thread for all the trial docs for the 5 defendants or we can see about posting separate reference threads for each defendants. What do you think? How would you like to see this information organized as we get closer to trial time? There will doubtless be many pages of evidence, filings and trial transcripts.

Please provide feeback, thanks!

This is what the Ross County website says about the telephone:

(Section 4) TELEPHONE CALLS Each Pod has a telephone, which may be used, for unlimited collect calling. Time restrictions will not be initiated unless problems are caused by inmates "Hogging" the telephone or refusing other inmates access to the system (Major Violation).

BBM

So Rita who claims she is too broke to pay for anything was accepting expensive collect calls from an inmate in the county jail? Which by the way she had to agree to accept. So by my reckoning it went something like this,

Computer generated voice: "This is a collect call from an inmate in a *advertiser censored* county jail will you accept the charges?"

Rita: "Yes".

So according to her she didn't have caller ID so if she didn't know it was Angie calling her, then who did she think it was? Just how many people does she know who is an inmate in *advertiser censored* county jail?

JMO

Hi All,

In case you haven't noticed, our threads have been moved to the Trials section here at WS. We still have a Media & Timelines thread back in the Crimes In the News section where we've been storing video, news stories and copies of documents related to the a arrests and pre-trial hearings of the Wagners.

Here in the Trials section, we have the opportunity to create a new reference thread for court docs related to the Wagner family trials. We can post one thread for all the trial docs for the 5 defendants or we can see about posting separate reference threads for each defendants. What do you think? How would you like to see this information organized as we get closer to trial time? There will doubtless be many pages of evidence, filings and trial transcripts.

I would think the separate threads for each defendant would be more efficient as far as accessing information during the course of each trial since they will all be conducted at different times. One thread for all 5 would leave us searching through previous trials to find the one that is going on at that particular time.

JMO

Hi All,

I think one for each of the four would be easier to keep track of but probably a lot of duplicate info...

Hi All,

I agree with other posters that separate threads for each defendant would be most efficient.

AWs brother may have, or anyone else, been putting money in her phone account. The calls aren't necessarily collect, they can be prepaid. It could be she was calling her brother, then her brother handing the phone to RN. They obviously were foolish enough to think that they could get away with it. OR, what AW needed to say was so important it was worth the risk. Of course she knew who it was. Of course they knew it was not allowed. These people have never been called honest, trustworthy, law abiding citizens, I'm sure.

I recall a while back discussing whether some of the perps and victims were using something similar to Facebook messaging to communicate and that one of the perps had hacked someone's messaging account. IIRC, it was in a Bill of Particulars or indictment. Assume that is what is considered wifi messaging. What other ways do locals use to call or message each other when cell phone signals are spotty? TIA

Everything i do here is through wi-fi ... Messenger is private and can be hacked easily ,,, Jmo

Hi All,

Hi. I'm too new to offer an opinion. Thanks for all you do. I'm still figuring this WS out.

I was so happy to see TR sitting by Ms. Geneva today and to hear laughter coming from LM again.
It always makes me happy to see Tony with his mom he’s a good son, takes her to Dr. apts, court, checks up on her, takes care of Chris's property, is executor and spokesman for the family etc...

Wonder if Rita’s son was at latest hearing and if he’ll be there during entire trial?

“...Tony Rhoden can't help but worry about that too, (K & R remembering them) and he vowed he and all the Rhodens will remain involved in their lives.

Recently, he made a special trip out to visit Samantha Robinson, grandmother of Ruger's 3-year-old half-brother Brentley. Brentley is the son of Frankie Rhoden and Chelsea Robinson, who is Samantha Robinson's daughter.

Tony Rhoden asked her if he can remain in Brentley's life.

"That day, we talked for hours. We cried and we laughed,'' Robinson said. "Mostly we cried."

Tony Rhoden told her he would be there for Brentley: "He said he'll be even closer to him now," Robinson said.

And she said she would never keep her grandson from his great uncles, aunts or cousins.

"I told him don't be scared about that,'' she said.

"We are family,'' she said, "And no one can change that."

Pike County: 'That's all we've got left. Just those kids.'

CHRIS GRAVES, AND CARRIE COCHRAN | CINCINNATI | 9:06 pm EDT June 4, 2016

Pike County: 'That's all we've got left. Just those kids.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors