CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well most people hear things by word of mouth if nothing else unless they're completely living under a rock... Word about something like this in an area like that travels fast whether you have tv and internet or not. I dont think anyone around there could miss the sudden massive police presence, or ignore it and not ask why

Unless you live by yourself and to yourself, as some older people do (and others do too).

JMO, they could hide much easier in a BIG city right out in the open, in big cities stealing a vehicle would be easier, many vehicles available in a city. Much easier to blend in in a city.
In the area they were last seen in, they would stand out. Small town folks pay attention to any newcomers to their area. They live in remote parts, they watch out for each other, the closest police are often several hours away.
Cities have cell service and stores where they could buy hair dye and different clothes...if they have cash?
If they are no longer in Gillam they could be in downtown Toronto by now?? JMO

Pretty much... No confirmed sighting since monday, they could be a lot further than toronto.

I drove a dirtbike long before could drive a car, its not uncommon in small towns for kids to have their own dirt bike or atv at a young age.

Just because his dad didn't teach him to ride a bike doesn't mean the dude never learned. Seems like he learned lots of new tricks his dad never taught him, like how to murder people... xD
Yes, and it's not that hard to drive a car. Maybe he couldn't parallel park without having driving lessons, but I'm sure the two were sharing driving duty on their long trek.

jmo

I think it did belong to KM's family, but I don't think BS father knew his son enough to say that BS didn't know how to drive.. Maybe he didn't have a drivers license, but a guy that age usually can drive.. and if not, they sure made some distance pretty fast for just one of them driving consistently without sleeping, instead of one sleeping while one was driving and swapping when the other was tired so they could travel non stop.
Makes sense; BS could’ve been getting unofficial driving lessons from a friend on the downlow... I watched two interviews with BS’s dad and it didn’t seem like he saw him very much...

Last edited:
I doubt they went into the woods and killed themselves. If this was indeed a planned journey of murderous intentions I would think they would’ve done way more destruction along the way before taking their own lives . The more I think about it the more I tend to speculate that this is a game of survival to them . Seeing how long it will take for LE to catch up to them and then when they finally do, in their twisted minds , it will be a spectacular ending thus making their names forever infamous . I pray for all of the LE involved as well as anyone that may be in their path of destruction.

@enelram said:
Now I'm wondering if KM's family also provided
the young men the truck and camper for their
odyssey. Isn't it odd we haven't heard who owned that truck?

Nope -- I don't find it odd in the least that there are no reports inquiring about the registered owner of the truck/camper.

I don't believe the vehicle is stolen, and nothing by RCMP that I'm aware of questioning why the vehicle in the possession of the teens.

I think it's most likely the vehicle belongs to McLeod Sr, and driven by KM with permission.

We've long known the tag number if you're so inclined to track and sleuth away!

MOO

Missing Persons Planet‏ @Home4theMissing
19-year-old Kam McLeod & 18-year-old Bryer Schmegelsky were last seen traveling south from a Super A general store in Dease Lake on July 18th @ 3:15PM in a red & gray Dodge pick-up truck w/ a camper & British Columbia license plate #LW6433. The truck was found on fire on Highway 37 the next day.

7:27 PM - 22 Jul 2019

Lol not true...At least not in this type of situation “IMO”. But you have a right to your opinion.

You may using the term "power dynamic" in some way that's unfamiliar to me, but I'd have to agree that there's always some kind of dynamic. "Egalitarian" is still a dynamic (and requires specific methods of response and communication to maintain). Keeping two people totally on board with completely equal power in a situation requires considerable skill and practice. Any dyad (two people) is going to have a power dynamic.

The structure of the dynamic can be fluid (even all over the place) and that would mean it was extremely dynamic. The dynamic can trend toward stable (stable egalitarian is very rare and hard to maintain, it's usually embedded in cultural norms that promote a stable egalitarian dynamic).

Egalitarian can mean shared decision making or swapping off. It can also mean an equal division of decision making. But in every conversation, every human interaction, there are dynamic elements and notions of control. People do not all talk at once (for example) and if they did (in a room), that would be its own anarchic power dynamic (we see it in crowds, of course)

Anyway, power dynamics is as central to *advertiser censored* sapiens as being bipedal. All primates have power dynamics, btw, not just us. We are often very different when in a group, and different dynamics emerge (often very distinctly) when people are paired off. The study of triads shows yet again, different kinds of dynamics.

Many native people knew that sending 4 people out on a team was optimal in terms of power dynamics, for many reasons. It's a very, very old notion. For some native people, 3 was considered the minimum to send on a difficult task (because it's so well known that dyads tend to polarize).

I'm sure there's people in those woods who only come out a couple times a year for supplies (and wouldn't have tv or internet) but wouldn't they be suspicious at this point with the helicopters overhead? They'd at least have a radio of sorts and even the most people/cop hating off-the-grid recluse wouldn't want murderous teens lurking in their bushes... IMO with no trace of them by dog or air they've been gone since the car was set on fire.

Potentially in places, but not everywhere out there. By wifi i assume you mean cellular data, wifi in the wild would require them to stumble on cottage that has a router with wifi and likely to know the password.

I've been up there, both for work and for pleasure (long canoe tripping), and you wont get very much service with rogers, only 2g in places few and far between. With bell you can 3g in town pretty consistently, outside of town it drops off fast, and places with good reception again become few and far between, just a bit better than bell's competitors.

Being able to consistently use the internet, check SM, google stuff, or download maps would be incredibly limited on either service, because cellular data and LTE only work in a very small area around the towns, once out in the bush you will likely not get cell data at all.

Firstly we dont even know if there is a leader follower dynamic between them and personalyl I kinda doubt it
Secondly since we know next to nothing about KM, anything we know about BS cant be put in its proper context to tell us anything about their relationship.

Theres no basis for comparison. KM could be way more violent and disturbed than BS, or he could be more into pokemon than camoflague and 'along for the ride' so to speak. Really no way to tell.
Everyone's opinion is valid, mine is that every relationship has a leader/follower dynamic going on, although in more equal relationships it may shift back and forth between indivuals, depending on who is feeling stronger or more convinced, and who is feeling weaker and more doubtful, at any moment. But I don't believe it's possible, in a situation so fraught with high pressure decision-making, for two people to have identical reactions and ideas all the time. They have to negotiate and come to agreement in order to take action, and that means fairly often one will need to convince the other, somehow.

Unless you live by yourself and to yourself, as some older people do (and others do too).

Well an older person living by and to themselves probably isn't out driving strangers out of town... I grew up in a very small northern Canadian town like this, everyone knows the affairs of everyone else. Even if you keep to yourself, there's usually only one or two grocery stores, and guaranteed you'd see something. Unless you're a complete bushman that hunts all his food and lives in a cabin.. which i suppose is possible but implausible

Also a lot of people don't do news or have cable or use internet .

Especially in that remote area, I bet a lot of people do not have cable or internet.
If a person did give them a ride inadvertently because they were simply unaware due to no news access, it is possible that the potential mystery person may also not be hearing the requests for them to come forward??
Maybe the door to door by the police will dig up someone?

Keeping my spot with a possible re post..
RCMP search for people who may have ‘inadvertently’ helped B.C. murder suspects
"Courchaine said it’s possible the two men have changed their appearance.

“It’s possible someone may have not been aware of who they were providing assistance to and may be now hesitant to come forward,” she said.

“Our plea today is that if anyone in and around those communities may have inadvertently helped them get out of the community, if someone did, please come forward,” she added. “These people may not have realized they were helping them. So we’re just asking them to come forward.”

rcmp-manhunt.jpg

RCMP search the rugged terrain of northern Manitoba for murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod. These photos were provided by the RCMP, it’s unclear which day they were taken.

rcmp-manhunt-2.jpg

rcmp-manhunt-3.jpg

RCMP search the rugged terrain of northern Manitoba for murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod. These photos were provided by the RCMP, it’s unclear which day they were taken.

The past week has generated more than 120 tips, Courchaine said.

“As soon as we can confirm that one of them is accurate or something we need to tell you, we are going to tell you,” she said. “It’s in our best interest. We need the public’s help.”

So we've basically got nudge nudge/wink wink confirmation they left the area Monday.

Probably found a cabin or cottage somewhere in another province.

I don’t think LE is positive they left, but I do think they have some information that is pointing them in that direction.

I don’t think they were taking a flyer on them perhaps changing their appearance, or being unwittingly aided by a third party.

Something is telling them that.

Not saying its 50/50 but is 55/45 a leader follower dynamic?
is 60/40?
70/ 30 where do you draw the line?

Also thats an oversimplification, power dynamics are much more complex than that.

But im not trying to defend any certain view, this is pure speculation on everyones part really lol

It's called a "dynamic" for a reason. I'm an anthropologist (40 years now). It is never stable, but if certain decisions or processes are 70/30 we'd say that the 70%er was exercising more power in that set of decisions. If it was always 50/50, that would be unusual, require considerable data, but then we'd say it was egalitarian.

It's simple primate observation, to me. Now that being said, there are deceptive dynamics (where the true leader acts way less important - like we've seen fictionally many times, but we do see in the real world as well). The decision-maker hides behind their support. This throws onlookers off. That's pretty sophisticated, and yet, a pair of teens can just naturally fall into that dynamic.

Monkey 1 constantly hesitates and lets Monkey 2 grab the banana. Monkey 2 is pleased and thinks they may be the "leader." After all, they have more bananas. But Monkey 1 may have something else up their sleeve (grabbing some other major resource while Monkey 2 is busy with bananas).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roller Derby