CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation, dont think I believe this myself but wonder what you think:

They set out actually with the intention of looking for work, not necessarily murder or crime at all, thought of themselves as badasses because of the media they chose, testosterone etc, thought the couple was an easy mark to make a few bucks on a dark night, something went awry and couple is killed. panic sets in and they flee, kill the man in carjacking gone wrong, continue to flee in a panic.

Variables on the above
-"looking for work" could have been robbery or some sort of crime from the get go, so they could be prepared and have weapons (obvs they do) but somehow things dont go as planned and their actions now are still motivated by panic on some level
-possibly they killed the man purposefully thinking him some sort of witness, or thinking already in too deep etc.

idk something just doesnt add up to me about them going on a killing spree or murder being its own motivation, or there would be more violence? Possible there are victims we dont know about yet but it seems theyve had alot of opportunities to harm more people, or put a better way they seem to be trying to hide not going on a rampage, idk just thinking aloud really

Many in his generation get a learner's permit and renew it indefinitely. Others get a probationary licence and renew it indefinitely. I don't understand why; it's just the way it is.

So if they were a couple of rule-followers, it would be perfectly legal for the one with a learner's permit to drive in the company of adult who has a full licence, as long as the adult is not impaired. Kam is an adult in B.C. at age 19.

Some farm kids I know started driving farm trucks (and shifting gears) at age nine, with their parents' blessing.

Now there are video games where rudimentary driving skills can be acquired.

Heck, they could each be driving a vehicle by now. I don't think they like rules very much, somehow.

According to ICBC.com, the following is one of the requirements for driving with a learner's:

"Supervisor age 25+ with a valid Class 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 licence. He or she must sit beside you in the front passenger seat."

Play it at x0.25 speed and at the 10:00-11:00 freeze frame by frame. It’s a flash over his left shoulder. To me, it looks similar in size and shape to a brown wallet, but it looks suspicious, IMO.
IDK, I think thats just part of his coat. I would be more suspicious if I wasnt pretty sure his hands are empty a few seconds before when hes right under the camera
If he did have something in his hands he pulled it out of his coat and put it right back in, as he didnt reach anywhere else.
But I'm pretty sure its his coat. look at the "wallet" and go back frame by frame, keep your eyes on it and im sure youll see it turn into part of his coat

Last edited:
They probably knew someone Gillam. Lots of workers from BC, AB worked in the Keeyask hydroelectric project. You will find videos on YouTube for an idea.

This is my best guess:

They first went to Red Deer, AB where one has a relative.
Then they went towards Whitehorse, but came across Lucas/Chynna.

After murdering them, they either laid low in the Watson Lake area for 3 days, or actually went to Whitehorse.

Then they panicked, burned their truck, murdered Prof. Dyck to steal his SUV, and headed to Saskatchewan where one has a relative.

They panicked again, and decided to hide in Gillam, where they know someone.
What is the motive, I keep thinking?

What you’re effectively saying is that they have an accessory in Gillam, and that today’s RCMP press conference was in part about asking that person to turn themselves in.

Yes. Another WS member found a potential relative, but it could be another guy from Port Alberni who came to work at Keeyask.

Hmm how is the video camera at the end getting a front on shot of them walking out? Video surveillance usually is up high and looking down isn't it, like in the store cam it's above. Where could the outside cam be located to get that view? Just thinking out loud....

I figured that camera was from some artifact advertising stuff in the store outside on the pavement.

On Friday, these boys look like they believed they were not only winning, but way ahead of the game, whatever that particular game may be that they are playing in their heads. There is nothing shy or hasty about them, but I do wonder what they look like now.

Not so damn hot, I bet.

A week in the bush, any bush, be it Canadian or Patagonian has a tendency to break off all the veneer of what one thought was 'civilised' progress.

And these blokes do not have weight or muscle to lose, they are stretched thin, even in that vid clip they look not so sparky and just a bit feral , as well.

This seems to be the first time the rcmp has shared any doubts about them being in Gillam too.

If I were them I'd head back west or up into the NWT now, and let LE rip Gillam apart or think they're still headed east.

Their previous MO was to burn their old car after successfully getting a new one
I'm wondering if the RCMP actually believe they've left the area, or they're saying they've left the area to relieve pressure and let the guys come out and make a mistake.

I should have shared this long ago for you guys. You might have to change your app store to canada though.

If you want to see what its like around Gillam or any other place the manhunt goes, download this app, it provides a canada wide map, but you can also click to download topo maps. It will show you what the suspects and LE are dealing with in and around Gillam

Topo Maps Canada by David Crawshay
‎Topo Maps Canada

Oh, interesting. I hadn't heard that but I have had an unusually long work-week so I haven't kept up with all the MSM articles. Do you happen to have a link so I can go poke around more?
Here’s the relevant snip from the article... I’m glad I found it; I’ve looked thru so many articles but this local Alberni paper is the one with this specific info:
Both McLeod and Schmegelsky were said to have graduated from VAST, an alternative school in Port Alberni, over the last two years.
https://www.albernivalleynews.com/n...omicide-suspicious-death-spotted-in-manitoba/

According to ICBC.com, the following is one of the requirements for driving with a learner's:

"Supervisor age 25+ with a valid Class 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 licence. He or she must sit beside you in the front passenger seat."

Different rules in different provinces as they cross the country. But they make their own rules.

Anybody not from rural canada would be shocked to see the price of just 2mbps down of internet in places like gillam, these people definitely aren't streaming the news online.
Satellite makes reasonably fast internet reasonably affordable in the north and a lot of people have it. Xplornet’s basic satellite package in for a Gillam, MB postal code is $60/mo for 5 Mbps which is enough to stream HD video. Source: enter a Gillam MB postal code at www.xplornet.com to see what plans are available.

Not necessarily. There’s been old schoolmates who’ve said that they found them uncomfortable to hang out with. Kam and Bryer might not have much engagement with peers. They might have found some connection online in certain gaming communities but online games require good high speed connection to log in and play and access the chat feature hike playing. The only viable option could be they might post something in a static fan/game forum.
Well, if they want to be true survivalists, they shouldn't be logging on to games or phones IMO

An avid outdoorsman for over 40 years, Len Dyck conducted a great deal of his field research while camping. So, his compact, fuel-efficient Rav4 SUV would have been well-outfitted for basic survival. It also seems that the torching of the vehicles that no longer serve them is both a big eff you to the RCMP, and also 'Lookee at us; we're long gone. Aren't we awesome?' for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member