CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought just hit me. Probably isn't the case, but I wonder if they burnt their first truck before they were connected to any foul play out of some misguided belief that people would find the truck and just assume they died in the fire. Then they thought they could continue on their merry way without anyone wondering where they are. If so, it obviously blew up in their faces.

That thought just crossed my mind, too. For awhile there, those two teens were missing. Their truck and camper absolutely destroyed by fire. We were all concerned for those two teens thinking they were probably dead. It seems possible that's what they were setting it up to look like.

7:19 a.m. on July 15. Deese and Fowler discovered

? Am july 18 McLeod and Schmegelsky stop at the Cassiar Mountain Jade Store for free coffee

Thats not even a 5 hour drive. What were they doing for 3 days

Especially since right after they drove as much as 36 hour in 3 days
If they had driven up to Whitehorse, then were driving back home to Port Alberni, it makes sense to have stopped in Dease Lake on their way home 4 days after Bryer talked to his grandmother. Why would they go in the direction of Laird River, which was out of the way. Fowler and Reese's van was pointing north, so they were heading up, Kam and Bryer would have had to be driving the opposite direction if they were coming from Whitehorse. But then why stop a random van?

would depend on the backpack but bit of a stretch
that said;
A. they could have handguns for all we know
B. could have sawed off a long gun with a swiss army knife saw and a few hours in the car. Barrel trickier but also possible, they've had alot of time
Also depends on what kind of backpack they have as well. A pump shotgun with a pistol grip can be cut down pretty short and might just fit in a normal backpack. A double barrel can definitely be cut down to fit in a normal backpack. If they have a decent size hiking backpack you could definitely fit a shotgun that's been cut down but still have enough barrel length to have some accuracy

If they had driven up to Whitehorse, then were driving back home to Port Alberni, it makes sense to have stopped in Dease Lake on their way home 4 days after Bryer talked to his grandmother. Why would they go in the direction of Laird River, which was out of the way. Fowler and Reese's van was pointing north, so they were heading up, Kam and Bryer would have had to be driving the opposite direction if they were coming from Whitehorse. But then why stop a random van?
I think they decided to check out the van assuming it was abandoned. May have even shot at it for a thrill and out comes victims and in a panic shot victims.

That doesnt add up or make sense with the timeline unless you're suggesting they had nothing to do with the deaths of the tourists which also seems unlikely at best

The van was broken down, or cooling. If the teens were disappointed in their job hunting trip and heading back home, they may have seen the occupants of the van as an opportunity for money and not to have return home. When RCMP were trying to ID the van's occupants, it was reported that they had a hard time finding anything and only found Chynna's passport hidden. Just swirling thoughts... But I love how you think, Shlock.

Some questions here that haven't been answered. ... attention when it appears that he really hardly knew Bryer and didn't raise him? Bryer's father whined that he was so, so sorry for not "being able" to help?/rescue?/save? Bryer - did he mean Bryer had tried to ask for help and he ignored him or refused to help him.

I believe his father visited him every two weeks these past two years. But according to court documents there was a fair amount of animosity between the father and mother, a messy breakup. There’s a good chance that parents used Bryer as a tool to win in the breakup as compared to treating him as a child who was losing his security/family. I think that alone would preempt any father to feel like he failed his child.

As for the burnt “laptop” in their truck. It wasn’t a laptop, it was a desktop tower that was found in the pickup truck remains.

IF they are innocent then why not contact LE and give up? By now they have to know there is a huge manhunt underway and things could possibly go sideways if they encounter LE, the Armed Forces or other people who are more than likely aware of what they are accused of and may perceive a threat if one of them moves too quickly.

I've stated before that I think they are long gone from the Gillam area but who knows. 4 days hiding out in a cabin or the bush with rain, bugs, wild animals etc, few supplies and armed people all over the place (planes and drones flying above) would make me want to turn myself in, especially if I didn't do the things I was accused of. The longer this goes on, the more guilty they appear.
Unless they are deceased already but I doubt that's the case in this situation. MOO

… another Q: possible that they have a gamer friend in the north that they were meeting?

This is something I’ve been thinking, as well. I’m sure LE are clued into this, but it’s crossed my mind that there must be someone in their circle of friends and online community that may know about what they could have been planning pre/during and post crimes. The odds are good that they just couldn’t resist going online and bragging or even sending out msgs to someone out there.

The two Facebook accounts became inaccessible in unison too. That's what made me think it wasn't family members who did it.
Removing access to the accounts for the suspects/family members/general population would be part of securing evidence, think of it as a digital chain of custody. The evidence has to be preserved in as close a state as it was at the time the offences are committed

Last edited:
Bostondangler13 said:
I found this on google maps at the nearest gas station to Laird Hot Springs. This photo is probably old af, but what are the chances I come across this. Eerie.

I saw this in the last thread and am wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to what exactly the photo was a photo of. Am very curious to know.

If for some reason it violates any rule of any kind in any way, forget it. Would just like to be in the loop.

44BDB8C6-D83C-4693-8136-758C72324521.png

This is what he posted.

If you look closely at the front right side of the van there are evidence cones at the front right bumper (shell casings). It would make sense that the right passenger window was down a bit and as they woke them a shot was fired, missing them and shattering the rear window. To which they forced them out the sliding door not far from where they were found. The fear and shear shock must have been tremendous. And the fact they didnt take any of the clothing from the van goes to show you how naive they truly are.

[bbm]

what clothing? who is naive?

OT by an Admin? Tsk tsk

Normally I would remove the original post as off topic but this is, without a doubt, the most unprofessional response to the public that I have ever seen a police department have, and a total embarrassment to the uniform.

Let's not perpetuate this particular discussion, but if they are reading at Websleuths (which I doubt or they would surely be more professional ;)) they need to know what the public thinks of that particular interaction.

Just WOW.

I support them 100%.

Also depends on what kind of backpack they have as well. A pump shotgun with a pistol grip can be cut down pretty short and might just fit in a normal backpack. A double barrel can definitely be cut down to fit in a normal backpack. If they have a decent size hiking backpack you could definitely fit a shotgun that's been cut down but still have enough barrel length to have some accuracy
People can shove AR15s down the front of their baggy pants and walk around. Watch any National Geographic show on drug violence and you'll see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie