CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm kind of wondering if the proposed excursion up north to "look for work" was largely funded by KM's family, rather than whatever they made during 5 weeks working nights at Wal-Mart.

Just MOO.

Yes, you could be right. They'd need money for first & last rent on an apartment, some furnishings, perhaps some work clothes and boots, food, gas, and misc items. If they were getting financial help from home, they may have left with a few thousand dollars.

The fugitives couldn't possibly be out in the elements this long. If they were simply lost, then they would be out of their minds with desperation to be found.

The RCMP must have had some significant evidence that the two were in the area, apart from the burned out RAV. So have they holed up in someone's home? Could that be another reason why the RCMP announced that they were going door to door? I think that everything the RCMP says is put out there with a purpose.

Canada murders: Fresh CCTV footage of suspects in Lucas Fowler killing released

Sarah Thomas
9 mins ago
In the footage released by police on Friday (local time), the two are seen casually walking around a store in Meadow Lake, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, known colloquially as Mounties, said the footage was shot on July 21, six days after the bodies of Sydney man Mr Fowler, 23, and his American girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, were discovered on a highway in British Columbia.

The Mounties are using helicopters and tracker dogs to search for Mr Schmegelsky and Mr McLeod, and have also called in air support from the Canadian military.

The hunt for the accused murderers has since shifted 1,300 kilometres east to the remote rural town of Gillam in the province of Manitoba.

The search has been centred on Gillam since the discovery nearby of a burnt-out vehicle in which Mr Schmegelsky and Mr McLeod had been travelling.

Police are now going door-to-door in the town and say they want to speak to any members of the public who may have unwittingly helped the pair.

Police said there had been two corroborated sightings of the suspects in the area.

"It is possible that someone may not have been aware of who they were providing assistance to and may now be hesitant to come forward,"
The pair are childhood friends from Port Alberni on Vancouver Island.

KM wearing his casual tee shirt takes the lead in their stroll around the store and BS follows dreamily while buttoning his camo costume. They are dressed so different from each other that in itself is noticeable right off, IMO. However, looks like they must both be in agreement on what they're doing, and maybe this was "the plan".

Canada murders: Fresh CCTV footage of suspects in Lucas Fowler killing released

"In the footage released by police on Friday (local time), the two are seen casually walking around a store in Meadow Lake, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan."

"The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, known colloquially as Mounties, said the footage was shot on July 21, six days after the bodies of Sydney man Mr Fowler, 23, and his American girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, were discovered on a highway in British Columbia."

Yes, you could be right. They'd need money for first & last rent on an apartment, some furnishings, perhaps some work clothes and boots, food, gas, and misc items. If they were getting financial help from home, they may have left with a few thousand dollars.

Hotel right down the st from KM house charges almost 1000$ a night (not a typo)
Cant imagine throwing your kid a few grand to start a new life chapter would ruffle the feathers much of folk like that

Also, no reason to think this is happening in this case, but its fairly common for family members to help out people accused of even serious crimes, especially parents. A fairly recent highly publicized murder case, the guy admitted he did it, the father still tried to set up a go-fund-me or some such to "bring him home", and mind you, the guy had already confessed to what was a pretty brutal killing

That is correct. July 21 - They got stuck on the trail in Cold Lake and were helped at approx 9:30am Mtn Time. They left. They were caught on store camera at the Coop in Meadow Lake the next day on July 22. The two towns are only 1.5 hours apart, so for whatever reason they didn't get far btwn Cold Lake & Meadow Lake. Then the push to Gillam and 70km north to the Fox Cree Nation area. The Rav4 was found there burning early evening of July 23.

Hold up! That's not correct. RCMP provided that the store video captured at Co-op in Meadow Lake was July 21 -- same day as they got stuck in Cold Lake. The locations were only 1.5 hours apart.

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
This video was obtained in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, on July 21, 2019. We are releasing this video as it may generate additional tips or sightings.

2:46 PM - 26 Jul 2019

Also, authorities report the Rav4 was found burning on Monday evening, - July 22.

On Monday evening, RCMP recovered a vehicle in the Gillam area after receiving a report of a vehicle fire. We can now confirm this vehicle is the same vehicle the suspects were travelling in. #rcmpmb

1:06 PM - 24 Jul 2019

It’s still possible that one of them hasn’t fired a single shot

I am deeply interested, not that I hold out much hope of ever knowing for sure, which one of them shot Chynna. It seems logical to me, that Lucas would have been eliminated first, due to his gender, his size, his attitude, perhaps. But Chynna would have been so utterly vulnerable having seen Lucas murdered, so distraught and so terrified, and one of those boys up and shot her , in the face.

I wonder which one it was. And then , after that, which one shot Prof Dyck. An older man, unarmed, unthreatening.

They certainly picked targets of not much degree of difficulty.

It’s still possible that one of them hasn’t fired a single shot

i was actually thinking this before, what if Kam never did anything and was afraid to try and leave Bryer in case he killed him, it is possible this is what happened

maybe they just meant to scare the couple into giving them cash and Bryer went too far and then just continued on as his warped fantasy continued

i was actually thinking this before, what if Kam never did anything and was afraid to try and leave Bryer in case he killed him, it is possible this is what happened

maybe they just meant to scare the couple into giving them cash and Bryer went too far and then just continued on as his warped fantasy continued

Sorry -- by the looks of them on July 21 strolling through the
Co-op in Meadow Lake, I don't see any signs of distress by either one. I don't sense any fear in KM of BS.

MOO

Last edited:

It is a theory that has merit, … except one has to give merit to Kam for just watching Bryer murder a man, a woman, and an elderly man. Watch and do nothing, and be complicit. An accomplice. Three times. .. I just can't see that, as an operative dynamic and as a psychological probability.

These were all three messy murders. Nothing clean about them, and nothing even vaguely from a distance. Close up, and personal. And then , the activity after the killing. … .

Gamers can be like addicts. The dopamine that is produced during exiting or tense game play becomes addictive. They tend to find the real world and things such as school or spending time with family incredibly boring.
IMO, if they are still alive, as I don’t believe they would have the survivalist skills to survive in what sounds like quite rugged condition, they would be trying to get back to what they know - screens. Watching news about themselves would no doubt be amusing to them.
My bet is they’re hunkered down somewhere - with a homeowner they may have killed or are keeping hostage.

You're so right about serious addicted Gamers.

You also said - "My bet is they’re hunkered down somewhere - with a homeowner they may have killed or are keeping hostage."

That's been one of my fears that they've overpowered some homebody and are keeping them hostage, or worse.

We may never know for sure. If they are taken alive, they will probably point fingers at each other, each looking for a deal of some kind.

You're so right about serious addicted Gamers.

You also said - "My bet is they’re hunkered down somewhere - with a homeowner they may have killed or are keeping hostage."

That's been one of my fears that they've overpowered some homebody and are keeping them hostage, or worse.
That is my greatest fear right now too. I hope the neighbours are checking in with each other.

Hold up! That's not correct. RCMP provided that the store video captured at Co-op in Meadow Lake was July 21 -- same day as they got stuck in Cold Lake. The locations were only 1.5 hours apart.

This video was obtained in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, on July 21, 2019. We are releasing this video as it may generate additional tips or sightings.

2:46 PM - 26 Jul 2019

Also, authorities report the Rav4 was found burning on Monday evening, - July 22.

On Monday evening, RCMP recovered a vehicle in the Gillam area after receiving a report of a vehicle fire. We can now confirm this vehicle is the same vehicle the suspects were travelling in. #rcmpmb

1:06 PM - 24 Jul 2019
@Seattle1 Oh cripes, Apologies that's correct, I was "alone in my head without my own adult mathematical supervision" Thanks for knocking me awake. and correcting me, its been a long two weeks but not nearly as long as for the RCMP. So sorry I didn't mean to confuse.

The more that comes out (especially the latest article from the Globe and Mail), the more it's obvious that both of these men have serious issues. BS may have been more overt about his apparent love of Nazis and violence...most people would be turned off by that, but not KM. He even agreed to go "look for work" with BS, so it's not like KM was somehow normal and being friendly and tolerating BS because he felt badly for him. KM is every bit sick in the head for even wanting to associate so closely with someone as messed up as BS, imo.

BS seems so try-hardy...the Nazi paraphernalia, the camo gear, the more obvious violent statements. I think BS is totally into this entire mess, but KM is as well - he's just not as overt, which makes me wonder if he's carrying more of the power in the relationship, which seems to echo what their entire lives have been about - he comes from a more well off background, BS spent time at his home instead of the other way around and so on. BS is who he is, while KM was just a whole lot more sly. Many sociopaths have many people fooled, and I think that's what happened with KM's friends who thought he seemed normal.

Ashley Wadhwani‏ @ashwadhwani
Spoke to Keith McLeod, father of Kam McLeod, very briefly. He said things have calmed down around their Port Alberni home after yesterday's twist in the police investigation of 3 deaths in northern B.C. that named his son and Bryer Schmegelsky as suspects. His statement:

EAQ0F-GU4AAA-mf.jpg

12:03 PM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

Whoever would have thought that a couple of teenagers could evade the RCMP for this long - does my head in.

I mentioned something in the last thread about how I thought it possible that the burning vehicle at Gillam was to draw LE resources that way while the suspects head off in a different direction. A decoy.

It’s so easy for us to assume that the most senseless acts imaginable were committed by people who have got to be stupid. I still have no idea what their intentions were when they left Port Alberni, or whether this was all part of a plan... but I am starting to think their ability to avoid capture has nothing to do with dumb luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member