CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I can think of for ditching the Rav4 was if they had another vehicle or they ran out of gas. Burning I can see to destroy any evidence. I know the RCMP have stated there are no vehicles reported as missing. But, I do wonder if the Sundance Camp has any an vehicles, even old work vehicles with the keys under the mat. However, I'm not sure if the camp is even active now.

Yes, it's headline news, definitely all across Canada. Pictures and video of the suspects are everywhere, including on televisions in every bar and restaurant in the land. This is why I'm skeptical of any effort by the suspects to attempt to "blend in" in an urban milieu. Somebody would recognize them, and it probably wouldn't take long, especially if they stick together.
Getting a huge amount of attention. They probably had no interaction with their victims, had no idea Lucas's father is a high ranking Australian police officer or that Chynna is American. No idea that this would involve 3 countries and they would be hunted by police and armed forces. Any plans they had have probably been thrown out the window.

Here is one thing I don’t really understand:
This certainly seemed to start off as a spree killing motivated by perhaps a need for money, a need for transportation or unhappiness at their life situation...we don’t really know yet. Three totally innocent people killed in a relatively short period of time, but since then, as far as we know, they have not hurt anyone else though they are just as short of cash, supplies and transportation as before. Despite the large remote area the two have covered, I do think if they had killed, hurt, robbed, etc anybody else we would have heard about it. Most spree killers just keep on killing until someone, usually the police, put a stop to it. They do not suddenly morph into playing a real-life game of hide and seek.
I just think it’s odd. It makes me think that they are already dead, perhaps by their own hand. If you were going to cause so much chaos and despair, going to show society what super bad dudes you really were, make society sit up and notice you...why do you suddenly stop with the show?

I wouldn't go so far as to say there were comfortable in the remote north and the wilderness.

They were from Port Alberni. Which is not Victoria, or Vancouver, or even Nanaimo, but it is a seaport, with a connection to logging, fishing, and tourism. If they are familiar with anything "wilderness" it would be ocean fishing and wet timberlands. So some time maybe outdoors in logged areas with dirt roads and the safety of a community not too far away.

But there aren't any details yet provided that tell me these were guys that spent a lot of time camping, or fishing, or hunting with their family. They sound a bit like unathletic nerds, driven to the fulfillment of internet-derived survival games they could mimic with some friends.

I don't see them as experienced outdoors people familiar at all with real wilderness.

They might think they were prepared, but we have no evidence of them even stepping foot off of Vancouver Island prior to this trip, do we?

I'll bet most 12 year olds in Gillam have far better survival skills that these guys

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest that they were accomplished survivalists. As you say, there's no evidence that they are. What I meant was that they're more comfortable in open spaces and small towns than in big cities. As you say, we don't even know whether they've traveled beyond Vancouver Island. It seems reasonable to assume they've been to Victoria, which is on the island, but perhaps they've not even been to Vancouver. If they have been, perhaps they didn't like it. What we know, however, is that they've shown no inclination to visit an urban center this far. That could change, of course, but most people are creatures of habit and like to remain within their comfort zones.

Here is one thing I don’t really understand:
This certainly seemed to start off as a spree killing motivated by perhaps a need for money, a need for transportation or unhappiness at their life situation...we don’t really know yet. Three totally innocent people killed in a relatively short period of time, but since then, as far as we know, they have not hurt anyone else though they are just as short of cash, supplies and transportation as before. Despite the large remote area the two have covered, I do think if they had killed, hurt, robbed, etc anybody else we would have heard about it. Most spree killers just keep on killing until someone, usually the police, put a stop to it. They do not suddenly morph into playing a real-life game of hide and seek.
I just think it’s odd. It makes me think that they are already dead, perhaps by their own hand. If you were going to cause so much chaos and despair, going to show society what super bad dudes you really were, make society sit up and notice you...why do you suddenly stop with the show?
I have been thinking this for the last two days...... I’m not sure they are still alive

Another new day in Canada. Good morning everybody.

I wonder what news the day will bring.

Over the last 24 hours sentiment seems to have resolved toward thinking BS and KM have escaped Gilliam and surrounds to...? However some military air resources are now available.

By my reckoning they have been on the run for 5-6 days and surely must be feeling the lack of gaming, coffee, Ritalin, good food, family contact, and possibly sleep.

Maybe this is the day their luck will simply run out. Someone will rat on them or their current mode of transport will betray them. Maybe the RCMP will get a huge break. It's Saturday July 27th and this needs to end, for the sake of the victims's families.

I’m new(ish) here, but a long time reader. I’ve been following along with you all on this case since the beginning. It seems clear now that these boys are either in hiding or have capitalized on their head start, and are way out of their last known locale.

It’s been mentioned before, but I’m still curious: We don’t know their motivations, but if we assume that this was not premeditated, it seems likely they would gravitate towards a familiar local.

If they did set out to murder and rampage, then chaos is the name of the game - they could be anywhere. I believe in the competence of the RCMP and we have to accept they are holding back info.

I think it’s possible, whatever their initial intentions, they didn’t plan on making it this far. They may be improvising, which hopefully, will lead to their discovery.

The whole dark saga has been mystifying, and that's part of the reason why it's drawn so much interest. Let's assume that the first deaths, perhaps all three, were unplanned, the result of a chain of events that spiraled out of control. If that had happened, wouldn't the suspects have been inclined to surrender to authorities? After all, they would have been horrified at what transpired and deeply remorseful for what they had done. What's more, they could potentially cite extenuating circumstances, presuming again that the events were unplanned, that something transpired to set off a sequence of interactions that resulted in tragedy.

But they didn't turn themselves in. They are fugitives evading capture. Some speculated earlier that they might have a death wish, and one of the suspect's parents even opined that he thought his son wanted to go out in "a blaze of glory." From what we've seen so far, that's not true. They're seem to want to remain on the run, and alive, for as long as possible.

The whole dark saga has been mystifying, and that's part of the reason why it's drawn so much interest. Let's assume that the first deaths, perhaps all three, were unplanned, the result of a chain of events that spiraled out of control. If that had happened, wouldn't the suspects have been inclined to surrender to authorities? After all, they would have been horrified at what transpired and deeply remorseful for what they had done. What's more, they could potentially cite extenuating circumstances, presuming again that the events were unplanned, that something transpired to set off a sequence of interactions that resulted in tragedy.

How often do criminals - especially those wanted for a felony like this - turn themselves in? They aren't wanted for a low-level crime. They're wanted for murder. I think most of us know that any argument about extenuating circumstances, it being an accident, etc. will be rightfully called out as bogus.

I haven’t seen any mention of significant LE presence around their homes at any point, where there might be hints of motive...have LE scoured their bedrooms or analyzed computers they have access to? What about their movements prior to hitting the road? I’m sure LE has done the first two, but I’m especially curious to know how thoroughly they have traced their actions/movements/interactions in the days before they left on this trip. As mentioned up thread, spree killers tend to continue until caught or until they take their own lives. Likewise, some kind of preparation or pretext to what they are about to embark on (manifesto, internet searches on infamous killers, etc, out of place conversations) is often found after the fact in these cases. I know the priority is finding these two as soon a possible...but I’m wondering what resources have been allocated to this other investigative avenue.

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest that they were accomplished survivalists. As you say, there's no evidence that they are. What I meant was that they're more comfortable in open spaces and small towns than in big cities. As you say, we don't even know whether they've traveled beyond Vancouver Island. It seems reasonable to assume they've been to Victoria, which is on the island, but perhaps they've not even been to Vancouver. If they have been, perhaps they didn't like it. What we know, however, is that they've shown no inclination to visit an urban center this far. That could change, of course, but most people are creatures of habit and like to remain within their comfort zones.
I agree. I don't think they are headed to any city.

jmopinion

nothing really to suggest thats the case. Could have just as easily been showing off to impress. They've been described as not having issues with drugs, and while parents might not know none of their peers have mentioned anything.

But snorting Ritalin has been mentioned by a peer as well as unusual behaviour.

CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Searching for answers: Sense of unease lingers in B.C.’s isolated north as police hunt suspects in remote killings

So no new leads, sightings or anything since Monday.

Hard at this point to speculate anything. They could be anywhere. They could be dead.

I just hope for closure, by any means, for their families and the victim's families. Never knowing is the worst feeling.

Another new day in Canada. Good morning everybody.

I wonder what news the day will bring.

Over the last 24 hours sentiment seems to have resolved toward thinking BS and KM have escaped Gilliam and surrounds to...? However some military air resources are now available.

By my reckoning they have been on the run for 5-6 days and surely must be feeling the lack of gaming, coffee, Ritalin, good food, family contact, and possibly sleep.

Maybe this is the day their luck will simply run out. Someone will rat on them or their current mode of transport will betray them. Maybe the RCMP will get a huge break. It's Saturday July 27th and this needs to end, for the sake of the victims's families.

Ritalin? I've been trying to keep up but missed about a dozen pages. Does one of them have ADHD?

Edit: just saw the new replies explaining.

That's new info to me. Here's a quote from the link:

"A teen in Port Alberni described hanging out with Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod while they camped at Sproat Lake this spring, and said Mr. Schmegelsky was wearing a swastika armband and military fatigues, and using a replica Nazi knife to crush Ritalin tablets and snort them."

As far as i can tell, there has been no aggression towards anyone since the first three deaths. It seems all their interactions with others since have been within the realm of normalcy. Why?

Maybe the plan to head north looking for work was real? The PC in back of their truck. Maybe they never had any plans to murder anyone? Maybe when they came across the van in the first instance it was meant to be a armed robbery or perhaps something even more benign but something happened it it ended up with people dead? The death of the Rav4 owner was within the window of panic and adrenaline after the first incident.

In my mind the reality is we don't know if this was premeditated to a degree, a role play of some sort or just a tragic set of circumstances due to one (or both) of them being a bit off kilter. We really have no idea.

I haven’t seen any mention of significant LE presence around their homes at any point, where there might be hints of motive...have LE scoured their bedrooms or analyzed computers they have access to? What about their movements prior to hitting the road? I’m sure LE has done the first two, but I’m especially curious to know how thoroughly they have traced their actions/movements/interactions in the days before they left on this trip. As mentioned up thread, spree killers tend to continue until caught or until they take their own lives. Likewise, some kind of preparation or pretext to what they are about to embark on (manifesto, internet searches on infamous killers, etc, out of place conversations) is often found after the fact in these cases. I know the priority is finding these two as soon a possible...but I’m wondering what resources have been allocated to this other investigative avenue.

A bit about LEs contact with the families is here -

Police search B.C. homes of teens wanted in nationwide manhunt | The Star
PORT ALBERNI, B.C.—RCMP spent more than three hours Thursday searching the last known residences of two young B.C. men wanted in a string of killings in the province’s remote north. The pair are the subjects of a nationwide manhunt that has put residents of a tiny northern Manitoba town on edge.“

Getting a huge amount of attention. They probably had no interaction with their victims, had no idea Lucas's father is a high ranking Australian police officer or that Chynna is American. No idea that this would involve 3 countries and they would be hunted by police and armed forces. Any plans they had have probably been thrown out the window.

I agree that they had no clue about Lucas/Chynna when they stopped at an old blue van on the Alaska Highway.

But my hunch is that they intentionally burned their truck near "Dease" to make people wonder if there is a connection to "Deese" murder and their disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288