GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

and this Dad worked in a hospital??? In what capacity???

(To echo another case, Sini Mathews adopted a little girl, the itty-bitty child died of abuse while Sini Mathews was employed as an RN on a hospital's pediatric nurse help-line!)
The father is a social worker at the Veteran's Hospital.

jmo

Wondering what the child care provider's policy is when infant/children who would normally be dropped off aren't. Is a call placed to one of the parents when drop-off does not take place and parent hasn't called in to provider that morning notifying them of no drop-off?

Wonder what time the pick up would normally be, and which parent was responsible for it.

Did the tinted windows fall within the NYS guidelines/laws?

Father Charged With Manslaughter After 2 Infants Found Dead, Left In Hot Car All Day

“The vehicle had tinted windows, so it was almost impossible for anybody to notice that the children were there,” NYC Council member Fernando Cabrera said.

Last edited:
Wondering what the child care provider's policy is when infant/children who would normally be dropped off aren't. Is a call placed to one of the parents when drop-off does not take place and parent hasn't called in to provider that morning notifying them of no drop-off?

Wonder what time the pick up would normally be, and which parent was responsible for it.

Did the tinted windows fall within the NYS guidelines/laws?

Father Charged With Manslaughter After 2 Infants Found Dead, Left In Hot Car All Day

“The vehicle had tinted windows, so it was almost impossible for anybody to notice that the children were there,” NYC Council member Fernando Cabrera said.
I also want to know if he parked where he normally parks or in a different spot that day. It's a big hospital in a busy neighborhood - where was his parking spot?

I have a hard time buying that these incidents are accidents. He supposedly dropped his 3 year old off but not his twins? Where were they meant to be going?

I haven't been able to locate a media source to that though I have read it in comments. Can you link if you found source?

The family had just celebrated the twins’ first birthday with a large backyard party, said one next-door neighbor who asked not to be identified by name.

“I’ve never seen them outside unattended,” the neighbor said of the twins and their older brother, who is 4. He described the parents as loving and attentive.

“Very good parents,” he said.

“They were July babies. It was just this month they had a big party — a bouncy house, the whole thing.”

https://nypost.com/2019/07/26/infan...-the-mouth-in-back-of-bronx-car-dad-arrested/

All the photos (DM) show a tight-knit family and neighbors (NYP above) describe loving parents, devoted father, etc.

With both parents working, and 1 yo twins plus a 3-4 yo, he may have been very sleep-deprived.

Short video of support for the dad as he is released on bail:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/dad-w...social-worker-described-as-an-amazing-father/

"Rodriguez was sobbing still Saturday night, throughout his arraignment before Bronx Criminal Court Justice Patsy Goldbourne.

A licensed social worker and military veteran, he was still wearing the same turquoise blue polo shirt he’d worn Friday, as he cared for homeless and disabled vets at his job at a VA hospital in Kingsbridge....

The dad had dropped the older boy [4 years old] off at a different day care that day, officials said."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back