Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did Clements tell his attorneys he was the night Isa disappeared? What’s his alibi?
Was he violating any conditions imposed on him by the Court? He wasn’t being closely monitored by a Community Correctional Officer or Probation Officer imo. How did the citizen who reported CC for living close to 2 schools know CC was a registered sex offender?

Thank you. The fight occurred on Tuesday, Sept. 18, just days after Clements was indicted in the deaths of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales and a week before his court appearance so some of the swelling and bruises would have faded by then. There does appear to be a name written on his right arm; however no tattoos were noted on Clements official arrest report. He is 6’1 and weighs 190 lbs. I wonder if Clements fought his attackers? While officers were attempting to arrest Clements in his home for living too close to 2 schools, he dared the officers to uncuff him and “see what happens.” Another report on the fight said ‘Neither Clements nor the other inmates were seriously injured” so maybe that means Clements did fight back, idk.

I wonder if Clements is taking prescribed medication? Are nearly all inmates taking prescribed medication?

Stark told police she and Clements had been together for three to four years and the child was theirs when they were caught up in a sex sting. These charges were later dismissed however she was with Clements when he burglarized homes so she should be facing charges for that.

Clements is divorced and owes $20000+ for missed child support payments in Oregon I believe so he could have two children.

Man accused of killing Tucson girls gets into fight in jail
I was going to say the bruising looked like it was fading so it makes sense that the fight occurred a week before his court appearance. It must have been considerably worse at the time then. I’d imagine he probably fought back, I think most people being attacked by 2 people would try to fight back, I’ve never heard of the other inmates had injuries noted though. I’m not aware of any tattoos, can you see what name it says?

I’m not aware of he was taking prescribed medication, or how many inmates are taking prescribed medication but I’d imagine the percentage is pretty high, anti depressants and anti anxiety medication is probably quite prevalent in prisons imo.

I was going to say the bruising looked like it was fading so it makes sense that the fight occurred a week before his court appearance. It must have been considerably worse at the time then. I’d imagine he probably fought back, I think most people being attacked by 2 people would try to fight back, I’ve never heard of the other inmates had injuries noted though. I’m not aware of any tattoos, can you see what name it says?

I’m not aware of he was taking prescribed medication, or how many inmates are taking prescribed medication but I’d imagine the percentage is pretty high, anti depressants and anti anxiety medication is probably quite prevalent in prisons imo.

I wonder if Clements was pinned to the floor or held by one of the inmates while the other one punched and kicked him? I want to enlarge Clement's picture. I used my magnifying glass to examine his body.

Clements hasn't been involved in drug trafficking and he hasn't been charged with possession of illegal drugs. I don't think he's a drug addict.

I agree with you that a majority of inmates are likely medicated.

Last edited:
Eric Walter Kessler is a highly skilled defense attorney so if this case makes it to trial, anything can happen.

The Court provided CC with the best attorney money can buy so maybe Clements is able to sleep at night.

Most of the court appointed attorneys I've followed weren't as good as Kesler so I wondered if he was in private practice and how Clements could possibly afford him.

I think Clements should have been denied bail.

Wow MummyRatcliffe that article definitely has some things I'd never heard either! Definitely makes me feel the state has a very strong case against CC!

The last paragraph of that article:

"In addition to the murders of the girls, prosecutors also mentioned, “perhaps the most tragic element of this case is the undeserved scrutiny of the Celis family, and in particular Sergio Celis, during an unimaginably difficult time.”

Wow MummyRatcliffe that article definitely has some things I'd never heard either! Definitely makes me feel the state has a very strong case against CC!

The last paragraph of that article:

"In addition to the murders of the girls, prosecutors also mentioned, “perhaps the most tragic element of this case is the undeserved scrutiny of the Celis family, and in particular Sergio Celis, during an unimaginably difficult time.”
Hi Ksprincess, I know!! I was surprised at how much evidence I didn’t even know about too! And no doubt there’s much more that won’t be released until trial.

Yes that last paragraph really hit home for me. I was one of those people who doubted SC all along, that poor family have lived for the last 7 years with a dark cloud of suspicion hanging over them. I can only be sorry for doubting SC and hope CC gets the punishment he deserves and the Celis family can at least have some closure and justice.

Eric Walter Kessler is a highly skilled defense attorney so if this case makes it to trial, anything can happen.

The Court provided CC with the best attorney money can buy so maybe Clements is able to sleep at night.

Most of the court appointed attorneys I've followed weren't as good as Kesler so I wondered if he was in private practice and how Clements could possibly afford him.

I think Clements should have been denied bail.

What?!! Something isn't right here.

AZ is seeking the death penalty against CC if convicted.

How could CC have been granted bail?

I don't know how that would be possible.

Please link -- thanks.

What?!! Something isn't right here.

AZ is seeking the death penalty against CC if convicted.

How could CC have been granted bail?

I don't know how that would be possible.

Please link -- thanks.

Man charged with murder of two missing girls

A judge set a bond for Clements, but he will have to come up with two million dollars in cash to get out of jail pending trial. His next court appearance is September 24.

I thought only 10% of the bond was required in order to get out of jail but here it says Clements needed the full amount.

Last edited:
Man charged with murder of two missing girls

A judge set a bond for Clements, but he will have to come up with two million dollars in cash to get out of jail pending trial.

His next court appearance is September 24.

Thanks!

The news link provided is from Sept 15, 2018, and the next court appearance referenced was for Sept 24, 2018. If I remember correctly, there was a motion granted shortly after the hearing for no bond release. I'll see If I can locate the motion.

MOO

Is the selfie CC took in his car date and time stamped? After hearing that a child resembling Isa was in the backseat of CC’s car, I wonder if the trunk was cleaned? I assumed he would have hid her in the trunk of the car. Were the girls remains buried or left out in the open?

“The grand jury also heard evidence that on April 21, 2012 — the morning Isabel’s family discovered her missing — Clements spent $110 on a car wash for his Acura, the same one that was in police custody when he was negotiating with the FBI.”

The grand jury was also presented with evidence that Clements’ computer contained a thumbnail image that appears to be a selfie of Clements in the front seat of a car with a young girl “who bears a striking resemblance” to Isabel lying in the backseat, the response said.

Evidence Proves Clements was a stalker:

“A search of one of Clements’ iPads revealed “a number of photos depicting young girls in fenced residential yards and in front of residences,” many of which appeared candid. Further investigation by police revealed that many of the photos of Hispanic girls were later tied to locations in Pima County, the response said.”

Man accused in kidnapping, slaying of 2 Tucson girls wants charges reconsidered

I’d like your opinion on whether Clement’s fiancé will be able to claim the reward money?

Crimestoppers offered a reward of $65,000 and Isabel’s family offered one for $6000.

Here’s the ad posted by Crimestoppers
clip_image002.jpg

I’d like your opinion on whether Clement’s fiancé will be able to claim the reward money?

Crimestoppers offered a reward of $65,000 and Isabel’s family offered one for $6000.

Here’s the ad posted by Crimestoppers
clip_image002.jpg

I don't know what the stipulations for collecting the reward money are but I think if she wants the reward money she deserves it. Without her tip police wouldn't have even known to ask Clements about Isabel.

Last edited:
I don't know what the stipulations for collecting the reward money are but I think if she wants the reward money she deserves it. Without her tip police wouldn't have even known to ask Clements about Isabel.

Yes, call Gloria Alred!

Clements contacted the Celis's in person and by telephone over the span of two months! During this time period, Clements did not tell the Celis's his name and oddly enough, the Celis's never asked him to identify himself.

The details disclosed in this report are shocking!

The response detailed Clements’ “unusual obsession” with Acuras and said the grand jury heard testimony that a man matching Clements’ description came by the house prior to Isabel’s disappearance to ask about purchasing a red Acura parked in front of the Celis house.

Detectives showed Isabel’s parents, Becky and Sergio Celis, a photo of Clements last May. Both said Clements looked familiar, but they did not know how, according to the report.

The Celis family had an Acura parked outside that was not for sale. Detectives believe Clements talked to the family about buying the car. “Clements slipped and admitted he was at the Celis residence. Later in the interview, he also slipped and referred to the mother as ‘Becky,’” according to the police report.

Sergio and Becky Celis both recalled a man asking about buying their Acura, according to the police reports.

Becky Celis said Isabel would typically follow her when she met people at their front gate.

Clements repeatedly called the Celis house in October and November of 2011, according to the reports. Isabel was reported missing in April 2012.”

N4T Investigators: Detectives believe Clements tried to buy car from Celis family

Prosecutors respond to indictment challenge in Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales case

Last edited:
Thanks!

The news link provided is from Sept 15, 2018, and the next court appearance referenced was for Sept 24, 2018. If I remember correctly, there was a motion granted shortly after the hearing for no bond release. I'll see If I can locate the motion.

MOO

What a relief. I wish all of Clements' court appearances were taped and available for public viewing.

Maribel Gonzales' body was found along Trico Road near Avra Valley Road on June 6.

There is a concrete pit filled with used vehicle tires approximately 50 feet away from where Clements’ hid Maribel Gonzalez’s body under two tires. Clements is an auto dealer and mechanic so that's why he hid the bodies there.

The woman who found MG’s remains identified a newer silver pickup truck near the area in late May and that it was "tucked away in the bushes in the area where the human remains were found" for about a week. I wonder if she wrote down the license plate numbers and LE didn't find out who it belonged to.

The report also says that detectives took photos of shoe prints located around the drag mark path and took a wide brimmed camouflage hat, located on the side of the roadway, as evidence so they have more than the DNA sample which was tested many years later.

Investigators first got the tip from a woman who was driving south on Trico Road on June 6. The report stated she noticed suspicious drag marks on the roadway leading into the desert and followed the marks until she reached the body covered with the tires. Upon lifting a tire, she noticed the body underneath and called 911.

New details in 13-year-old girl's body found in desert

Last edited:
Clements is a serial killer,

Clements was also beaten in Maricopa County Jail when he shared a jail pod with Derrick Brady. Derrick and another inmate confronted Clements outside his cell after he heard Clements was arrested for murdering two girls.

BRADY: We told him to explain himself. He was accused of raping and murdering and burying two little girls in the desert. He told us to mind our own business,that we didn’t know the whole details about what was going on, and he got away with it before and he was going to get away with it again.

Me and my celly (sic) assaulted him and beat the (expletive) out of him. After the fight, when they were handcuffing him and put us into holding tanks, he was screaming out the whole time that nobody can touch him and the cops are never going to pin anything on him. He’s gotten away with it many times before, and he wasn’t worried about it.

BISCOBING: Did he admit to doing it to any other children to you guys? Or to just mind your business, and I’ve gotten away with it before?

BRADY: Yeah, he said he’s gotten away with it before, and something in Oregon. Some small time in Oregon somewhere. Here’s Brady’s letter to Mr.Biscobing

I received your letter inquiring about Christopher Clements and the time I spent around him in the Pod. I have considered your request for an interview and I am willing. If Clements was an “average criminal”, I wouldn’t. But you are right, the crimes he’s involved in are horrifying and disgusting. His attitude about them was caviler to say the least. My cell mate Mr.Cole Spencer and I assaulted Christopher Clements after he stood outside our cell and bragged about getting away with it before and he’ll get away with it again when we questioned him. I am more than willing to provide you with the entire story of my encounters with Clements. I hope that I can help in motivating as many people as possible to come forward. Although I have a criminal past like 99.9% of the prison population, I still would love nothing more than to see as many victims of Christopher Clements get answers. Justice and closure as stated in your letter. In that we have the same goal.

Celis, Gonzalez murder suspect may have more victims

Clements is a serial killer,

Clements was also beaten in Maricopa County Jail when he shared a jail pod with Derrick Brady. Derrick and another inmate confronted Clements outside his cell after he heard Clements was arrested for murdering two girls.

BRADY: We told him to explain himself. He was accused of raping and murdering and burying two little girls in the desert. He told us to mind our own business,that we didn’t know the whole details about what was going on, and he got away with it before and he was going to get away with it again.

Me and my celly (sic) assaulted him and beat the (expletive) out of him. After the fight, when they were handcuffing him and put us into holding tanks, he was screaming out the whole time that nobody can touch him and the cops are never going to pin anything on him. He’s gotten away with it many times before, and he wasn’t worried about it.

BISCOBING: Did he admit to doing it to any other children to you guys? Or to just mind your business, and I’ve gotten away with it before?

BRADY: Yeah, he said he’s gotten away with it before, and something in Oregon. Some small time in Oregon somewhere. Here’s Brady’s letter to Mr.Biscobing

I received your letter inquiring about Christopher Clements and the time I spent around him in the Pod. I have considered your request for an interview and I am willing. If Clements was an “average criminal”, I wouldn’t. But you are right, the crimes he’s involved in are horrifying and disgusting. His attitude about them was caviler to say the least. My cell mate Mr.Cole Spencer and I assaulted Christopher Clements after he stood outside our cell and bragged about getting away with it before and he’ll get away with it again when we questioned him. I am more than willing to provide you with the entire story of my encounters with Clements. I hope that I can help in motivating as many people as possible to come forward. Although I have a criminal past like 99.9% of the prison population, I still would love nothing more than to see as many victims of Christopher Clements get answers. Justice and closure as stated in your letter. In that we have the same goal.

Celis, Gonzalez murder suspect may have more victims
I agree, it’s unlikely, unfortunately, that Isabel and Maribel are the only victims of CC. I hope LE are doing a thorough investigation of his history. How many other poor parents are still waiting for news about what happened to their child? It’s a horrible thought.

Man accused in killing of Tucson girls pleads not guilty

When I first looked at the photo taken of Clement’s during his arraignment, I only saw his black eye because the media report said “Clements, dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, showed little emotion during the short hearing and appeared to have a black eye” and “Last week Clements was in a fight at the Maricopa County jail” so I assumed he only took a few shots to his head and he wasn’t actually beaten like one of the men who was involved said; but when I looked at his arms, I saw marks on both, so perhaps his clothing is covering more. I don’t think they’re tattoos. His checks are bruised but his eyes aren’t swollen shut and I don’t see any cuts on his face or head. No broken jaw or missing teeth. Throat wasn't slit, yet. Looks like there was no response from the Judge on this incident.

I wonder if the guards stopped the boys from seriously harming Clements because his next court appearance was right around the corner and they wanted him to be able to stand up and face the Judge? Maybe they’re keeping Clements with the general population so Clements won’t kill himself? This is the first time Clements has been incarcerated for murdering two underage girls. I wonder if he is considering suicide?

I didn’t find Clements listed as a Registered Sex Offender on the two databases I searched but I’ll try again in my spare time.

Is his Defense Team Court appointed?

if he is an RSO he should have been housed in a protective custody pod. its a liability issue to "oopsie" him into gen pop. and the CO's would need to intervene if they witnessed an inmate being assaulted. i was a CO for almost 8 years and even if we did not care for an inmate i never once saw a CO stand by and let inmates "get their licks in", although i am sure it happens. that being said, if an inmate was in a fight and looks bad, they will be sent to court anyways if it is their court date.

suicidal inmates are housed in the safety cell and observed until a time that they are deemed to no longer be suicidal by mental health.

Is the selfie CC took in his car date and time stamped? After hearing that a child resembling Isa was in the backseat of CC’s car, I wonder if the trunk was cleaned? I assumed he would have hid her in the trunk of the car. Were the girls remains buried or left out in the open?

“The grand jury also heard evidence that on April 21, 2012 — the morning Isabel’s family discovered her missing — Clements spent $110 on a car wash for his Acura, the same one that was in police custody when he was negotiating with the FBI.”

The grand jury was also presented with evidence that Clements’ computer contained a thumbnail image that appears to be a selfie of Clements in the front seat of a car with a young girl “who bears a striking resemblance” to Isabel lying in the backseat, the response said.

Evidence Proves Clements was a stalker:

“A search of one of Clements’ iPads revealed “a number of photos depicting young girls in fenced residential yards and in front of residences,” many of which appeared candid. Further investigation by police revealed that many of the photos of Hispanic girls were later tied to locations in Pima County, the response said.”

Man accused in kidnapping, slaying of 2 Tucson girls wants charges reconsidered

can anyone post this pic? i cant see it on my computer its a little "x"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members