CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

i have evidence that barb had been in contact with her son in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, where rob would have my father believe both robbie and barb were no longer communicating with matt.

i implore all concerned persons to please read thread one and two please. facts i am repeating for newcomers will have much more context.
sbm
thank you dbdb11
you are very generous with what you share.
the accumulation is very very hard to ignore.
I think things have to be getting clearer by the day in finding answers.

moo

Daily searches suspended for bikini-clad woman who vanished in Mojave Desert
"There has been no evidence of Barbara Thomas located on previous days," the sheriff's office said.

News Update!!: Essex, CA: Search for hiker Barbara Thomas continues Friday as a week has pass being missing.
For a week, search and rescue crews as well as search dogs have been searching the desert area for a week and have not found any trace of Barbara Thomas.

According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, there has been no evidence of Barbara Thomas located on previous days

Last edited:
many people are choosing not to see his actions after her disappearance as suspicious, and that can be justified for a number of reasons.

it gives us hope this case is potentially not as devastating as the alternatives, is one great reason to keep these thoughts alive.

but the same people maybe overlooking the timing of her disappearance in relation to upcoming overseas travel, to see an ailing relative who barb may have been confident enough to confide in.

i have evidence that barb had been in contact with her son in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, where rob would have my father believe both robbie and barb were no longer communicating with matt.

i implore all concerned persons to please read thread one and two please. facts i am repeating for newcomers will have much more context.

Do you have any idea of what she may have wanted to share with the ailing relative? Has she given any indication of anything wrong over the phone or through other contact? It would be concerning if your family knows she wanted to leave her marriage for instance.

<modsnip>

I would consider something like this something to consider, definitely.

Last edited by a moderator:
You clearly have strong feelings about this, and of course you’re entitled to share them. I believe that extends to others as well. We certainly don’t have to share the same opinions.

As far as polygraphs, I assume that is related to another post, as I haven’t mentioned them.
police have mantained no suspected foul play. as relatives, especially on behalf of my father who loves his older sister dearly, and does not have the energy to follow these case developments, family has a responsibility to pursue the timeline of events and to examine all information available to us.

we want barb found. the facsimile press releases shared across the nation offer us no new details. we are digging from all possible angles. keeping this thread churning is a major help to what we understand about barb's disappearance.

whether rob is guilty or innocent is only relevant to me if it can help with locating barb.

i have no personal grudge and have expressed as much. looking up to robbie in the past does not equate with willfully ignoring relevant details related to barbs disappearance. urgency overides all personal consideration i have for robbie, and if she is found and it all turns out this is unrelated to him, i hope he finds it in his heart to understand my line of thought and our pursuit of all possible information related to her disappearance.

The police had the phone for days. When our VI tried calling, he got the police, and was surprised that they kept the phone as long as they did: CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Considering most people keep contact numbers on their cell phone, not written down, maybe he didn't call for four days because he didn't have any numbers to call, and didn't have access to his phone to use the contact list/call history on it.
He could get directory assistance from his landline.

I don’t know why RT would lie about contact with the son, unless BT was secretive about it, which if she was being abused or wanted to leave, she may have been. It would very quickly come to light if contact had occurred, and make his lies a poor mistake.

Maybe, maybe not. Older generations can be a lot less likely to be public about something like domestic violence, or verbal abuse, and more likely to put up with it, though that is slowly (and thankfully) changing.

Maybe Rob believes this, precisely because Barbara's contact with Matt had been a secret.

I don't know quite how that works if she uses RT's cell phone, but she could have picked up a pay-as-you-go phone, or have used a landline. Where i live, payphones are being converted to wireless kiosks, but maybe there are still payphones in the Southwest, which is another option.

police have mantained no suspected foul play. as relatives, especially on behalf of my father who loves his older sister dearly, and does not have the energy to follow these case developments, family has a responsibility to pursue the timeline of events and to examine all information available to us.

we want barb found. the facsimile press releases shared across the nation offer us no new details. we are digging from all possible angles. keeping this thread churning is a major help to what we understand about barb's disappearance.

whether rob is guilty or innocent is only relevant to me if it can help with locating barb.

i have no personal grudge and have expressed as much. looking up to robbie in the past does not equate with willfully ignoring relevant details related to barbs disappearance. urgency overides all personal consideration i have for robbie, and if she is found and it all turns out this is unrelated to him, i hope he finds it in his heart to understand my line of thought and our pursuit of all possible information related to her disappearance.
you are very fair in your thought processes dbdb11.
I see you absorbing EVERYTHING. and that's incredibly mature to do.

But people are concluding that there’s ‘no excuse’, and it’s a straw in a haystack of evidence, and that RT is for sure a nasty piece of work from things that could and may later be explained. It’s a lot of demonizing. Perhaps the tone is too much for me with people exclaiming ‘I would never’ and so forth. It doesn’t seem so much as sleuthing but more like an onslaught of character assasination based on scant information.
your info may be scant. mine is not.

You must have had a reason to believe Robbie was going through the photos with case detectives. It's a big leap to assume that the only reason he didn't answer the phone was because of this. So since you didn't talk with Robbie, who did you talk with?

Here's where he qualified where he got that info from:

Unfortunately this is my own opinion. I can only confirm Robbie's family told me he was going through the photos with detectives, and was unavailable to speak on the occasion I tried to get through to him. I deduce that his story and the photos, particularly the well referenced 360 photo, has Barbara on the scene at the correct time. Otherwise, with no proof of her on the scene, why would they spend 9 days searching? To prove she isn't there?

Strongly feel Robbie has provided substantial evidence of Barbs being there that day, within his stated timeline.

dbdb11, Monday at 4:27 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Older generations can be a lot less likely to be public about something like domestic violence, or verbal abuse, and more likely to put up with it, though that is slowly (and thankfully) changing.
Yes, I’m agreeing with you. What I mean is it would quickly come to light with LE, and the lie would be exposed and would look suspicious. In abuse you hopefully eventually after numerous tries, try make your way out of the situation.

if youre referring to me I never said anything of the sort. was nearly impossible for me to get through to case detectives, and no police ever answered robbies phone.

Thank you for clearing that up - I didn't remember you saying anything like that, either.

Someone said that RT gave the police the son's number, but that no one picked up. It turned out to be the wrong number. We don't know if it was given from memory, orally, or from the phone, or if it was only one digit off...or was an old number for BT-son.

He could get directory assistance from his landline.

If he had a landline. It's increasingly likely that people don't have one at all, see this article: Most US households have given up landlines for cellphones

If I had an RV (or fifth wheel), and used it frequently for camping, I'm not sure why I'd even have a landline. I'd be using the cell phone everywhere, since people could always reach me as long as I was within range of a cell tower. Heck, as it stands I don't even use my landline now, and would cancel it except it's cheaper for me to keep it because I get a better price on Internet.

What does failing a lie detector test mean to you? Does it mean that the person who failed is guilty of a crime? Or something else?

Thank You for bringing this up, Ranch.

Those of us who have followed true crime for a length of time know that "passing" or "failing" polygraph examinations doesn't mean much one way or another.

Polygraphs results are only as good as the one who administers the test. In addition, polygraph results are influenced by many factors, including whether or not the subject is well rested prior to the test.

IIRC, RT said that he hadn't slept prior to undergoing the polygraph exam. If true, that would affect the readings.

LE will also admit that polygraphs are only an investigative tool.

Those of us who've followed cases over the years recognize that guilty subjects can pass a polygraph, and innocent subjects can fail a polygraph.

IMO, passing or failing a polygraph means little to nothing, especially in the absence of forensic evidence.

BBM:

Huh.

Well, if that were the case here with RT, one would certainly assume that contacting BT's SON to let him know his MOM had gone missing would make the "To-Do" task list.

Most children really would prefer to get at least a courtesy call informing them their parent has gone missing in the desert in the middle of the summer.

Looks like RT's not really a "details" guy, after all.

JMO.

Gosh. I don't think so. I don't know what your family is like, but there are *SO* many intervening variables.

RT may well have been operating in the manner he thought Barbara would prefer.

If my mom had gone missing and my dad had failed to cancel that plane ticket, she would have been upset and would have brought it up for years. Details are how my dad kept himself together when my mom died (from his point of view, it was sudden).

He left out many things that should have been done, but focused heavily on what he thought she would have wanted and constantly asked me whether there was anything else mom wanted done (I just discovered her copious to-do lists - I was able to find the main one at the time, but she had put the others where she was sure Dad would find them).

And as for my own mother, calling her would not be first on the list. My sister would be the point of contact, and then, she would use her own judgment about how to break it to mom. And my daughters and husband would not call my sister as their first action, at all. They might even just use facebook when the funeral arrangements were made. You can ask me more about those family dynamics, but they are not uncommon at all. I have many examples besides my own.

Note: Yes, I have two mothers! My real mother (who adopted me and raised me) and my bio mom; I've known her for more than 30 years, and yes, she's my mom too - but...it's a slightly more strained relationship, and that happens...due to many factors).

Last edited:
If he had a landline. It's increasingly likely that people don't have one at all, see this article: Most US households have given up landlines for cellphones

If I had an RV (or fifth wheel), and used it frequently for camping, I'm not sure why I'd even have a landline. I'd be using the cell phone everywhere, since people could always reach me as long as I was within range of a cell tower. Heck, as it stands I don't even use my landline now, and would cancel it except it's cheaper for me to keep it because I get a better price on Internet.
who out of robs family i spoke to should not be public information imo. i dont see relevance, if LE pursue i respect that, but this is not a forum to drag a potential victim's family member into unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod