CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaaa. Who doesn’t want to buy a rambling book that someone wrote while drunk?

The Red Cross giving his father AIDS is a bit intriguing though. :eek::p
@MassGuy "In the early 1980s, about 2,000 Canadians were infected with HIV from tainted blood products. ... Although AIDS was first reported in Canada on March 27, 1982, it took three years for the Canadian Red Cross Society, which administered the nation's blood donation system, to start screening for HIV." As a result in Canada the Red Cross no longer has the authority to accept blood donations. Those affected were compensated by govt. It was a huge serious 'scandal' many people who received blood transfusions for surgeries and other reasons got HIV from the tainted blood.

I haven't thought much about their route. Am curious a bit about the timeline. I am using Google maps for times so might not be 100%. Sorry for this long post...

I'm from Vancouver Island and I think there's 2 main ferry routes off Vancouver Island (didn't include Comox to Powell River as there's 2 ferries and way longer):

1. Drive from Port Alberni to Nanaimo (1 hr 5 min) - take ferry to Horseshoe Bay terminal (between Vancouver and Whistler and goes through city of Vancouver/Surrey) - drive to Laird Springs (21 hrs 6 mins)

2. Drive from Port Alberni to Victoria (2hrs 30 min) - take ferry to Tsawwassen terminal (closer to Surrey, you bypass the city of Vancouver) - drive to Laird Springs (21hrs 25 mins)

Either is likely and from my memory of doing both routes, they kind of balance out timewise. Nanaimo departure is closer to PA but takes you through the city of Vancouver (via hwy) so longer on the mainland. The Victoria departure you bypass the city drive, but do extra from PA to Victoria.

There is likely ferry waits as it's crazy this time of year. So it would take MINIMUM 26-27 hours to get to Laird Springs and that's with straight driving, no food/gas breaks, and still unsure of that time. So possibly 30 hours. So ended up in Laird Springs on 13th. Please correct me if I have some info wrong, or missed a stop, I haven't paid much attention to timeline!

I guess my point is within 24 hrs of being up there, they decided to murder people. The murders happened awfully fast since they left home. I'm wondering why they chose the such a remote area (where they could've gotten away with it maybe) and then light cars on fire to get the attention (obvious to get notoriety). Strange plan.

I think they went to whitehorse first?

Personally, I don't think they ever made it to Whitehorse, JMO. I'm trying to figure out if that story was even true. Does anyone know if they made it to Whitehorse? IIRC, they told grandma they went (could be a lie) but did they physically go? I haven't paid much attention to routes/times so I could be way off.

There’s really no comparison to Canada’s desolate and lowly populated northern parts of the provinces and the US. But yes, the RCMP also conducts road patrols.

ETA
Maybe to put it into perspective - (per google)
Canada - 9.985 million sq km, population 37.06 million (2018)
United States - 9.843 million sq km, population 327.2 million (2018)
Got it, Canda is BIG. But the question about the helicopter was a good one? No helicopters in the North to go check out a murder scene of 2 foreign nationals?

IF they did go to Whitehorse it's 29hrs from both mainland ferry terminals.

So left PA on the 12th, ferry is 1.5 hrs (IF there were no waits, which I think there usually is), then 29 hrs to Whitehorse (with no stops assuming).

I'd say at least a 35 hr trip. Getting to Whitehorse late on the 13th.

One night in Whitehorse? Then 7 hrs to Laird Springs. Possible I guess.

Whitehorse, Yukon is where some of the relatives thought they were heading, to look for work, but it’s not been established if they went that far north. If they did, they didn’t look very hard. But if it was all a ruse, it also could be the reason an optimistic and trusting family member lent them the truck and camper. JMO

When I first heard about this news story I said to my spouse that they went to Whitehorse to find work, he said - who goes to Whitehorse to find work? Not sure he's right, but he has lots of family who've worked in Northern BC mines and Fort McMurray, so maybe he was right. Wondering if Whitehorse wasn't really in the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123