CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTV or CBC would have breaking news. CBC has a channel similar to CNN

thanks, they have all these "regions" attach to the name so like such such alberta .. ill check those two though see if any of them have a live breaking segment

CBC - Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
They have a reporter in Gillam. Info is
fact checked.

cheers

Can someone remind me what the talk was with Split Lake? Was it that someone possibly gave them a ride there from Gillam? Or to Gillam from Split Lake?

There was a sighting at Split Lake before the RAV4 was found burning north of Gillam. I noticed how close Split Lake is to York Landing too, just on the other side of Split Lake.

“A cashier at a Split Lake, Man., gas bar believes the pair approached her till on Monday around 4 p.m.

Mychelle Keeper said McLeod paid for $20 of fuel and Schmegelsky asked if they could consume alcohol in the community, which is dry.

She said nothing seemed odd about their visit, until she saw the RCMP's updated suspect photos on Tuesday. She recognized McLeod by his beard and Schmegelsky for the camouflaged shirt he was wearing.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/b-c-homicide-suspects-manitoba-1.5222542

map-of-york-landing.jpg

The Bear Clan, which was created to keep the peace and assist residents in inner-city communities in Winnipeg, expanded its reach this week to the northern portion of the province to back up Mounties as they canvassed homes in Gillam.

About a half-hour later, RCMP wearing tactical gear began coming into the community, along with police dogs. Helicopters were also in the air, assisting in the search.

"A lot of craziness right now," Bighetty said. "It's a surreal moment right now knowing they could be in this small, isolated community.

"The area is very dense with forest, he said. "It could be 20 yards [18 metres] in the woods – you wouldn't be able to see them."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...-york-landing-man-for-b-c-fugitives-1.5228418

I see! I know some animals get used to humans at a distance and I’ve seen reports of people getting too close like at Yellowstone. Bears, though, are something else.

The bears are so focused on feeding, that they don’t bother with people watching from their cars.

They get used to it anyways.

But there is still light after that. I’d say it’s probably not dark until closer to 11. It’s that way here and I’m not as North.

the sky is like a dark tint of blue up in gillam. it’s never really fully dark, since it’s so up north close to the arctic. the northern lights are a pleasant thing to see, even calming. but our elders say not to whistle at them, or else the northern lights-spirits in the sky would take you away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny