CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 & 19 years old escape police, RCMP and the army for nearly a week in rough & tough terrain filled with biting insects and wildlife, survive all that and are seen and given chase by a community based group (Bear clan) 200kms away from where the searches were taking place. What impresses you? Pray tell
Personnally, I'm disappointed with LE and all the paraphenalia at their disposal and still unable to track 2 neophytes "survivalists".

Better yet there is only 1 road out of Gillam, and the RCMP may have simply been too busy organizing their gear and dogs and equipment and missed them. They didn’t hike through the muskeg or swim to York landing that’s for sure. Did LE bother to patrol or check the river for missing boats?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-german-canoe-crash-1.4266176?__vfz=medium=sharebar

I read all the articles about the two German tourists who used a flimsy canoe on Hayes river, and then walked to Gillam area.

I am surprised that this amazing story didn't come up earlier, during all the expert discussions on outdoor survival.

These guys walked 115km through muskeg and rivers, exactly at this time of year in 2017.

That is a great article! It said the two canoeists had maps, compass and GPS, but no Sat phone. I only know a little bit about GPS, it needs three points for triangulation, doesn't it? I wonder if there is a way for law enforcement to sweep particular frequencies in that area, to see if there are GPS units being used?

18 & 19 years old escape police, RCMP and the army for nearly a week in rough & tough terrain filled with biting insects and wildlife, survive all that and are seen and given chase by a community based group (Bear clan) 200kms away from where the searches were taking place. What impresses you? Pray tell
Personnally, I'm disappointed with LE and all the paraphenalia at their disposal and still unable to track 2 neophytes "survivalists".

Well, we don't know all the details yet! and the area that needed to be covered is so vast. The Bear Clan may have contacts among the indigenous people that the RCMP do not.

Better yet there is only 1 road out of Gillam, and the RCMP may have simply been too busy organizing their gear and dogs and equipment and missed them. They didn’t hike through the muskeg or swim to York landing that’s for sure. Did LE bother to patrol or check the river for missing boats?
They had a head start and the terrain is insane. They were monitoring railroads and cut lines.

Argh. If captured alive they’ll have loonie cult followers and attorneys clamouring to get the publicity.

If not - we may never know the full story. But the families won’t have to go through the turmoil of a trial.

Creeps.

yes but if there's no trial, there will be so many who declare them innocent, including the loonie cult followers and perhaps some from their inner circle

Bears are ok with that?
Bears don't autom
The bears are so focused on feeding, that they don’t bother with people watching from their cars.

They get used to it anyways.
Agreed. As a Canadian, I can say that bears don't automatically attack humans! If humans keep their distance and don't surprised a bear, make lots of noise to scare them away when on a hike or the bear isn't a protective mama, they can and do move on. BUT on the other hand, they can ATTACK! It's that you.never.know! Personally, I love seeing bears from a distance, and I think they define Canada as a nation as opposed to our official animal mascot, the beaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix