SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

What a mess! The fire department was in the water with sonar searching right away, just at the wrong location.

Fire, EMS dispatched to wrong bridge in fatal Beaufort Co. boat crash, 911 calls show
[...]

Lt. Ross Vezin, with the City of Beaufort and Town of Port Royal Fire Department, said Thursday his department typically arrives on scene within five minutes of receiving a dispatch call. The first call for fire went out 12 minutes after the 911 call was picked up by dispatch. Vezin said responders with his department searched the top of the bridge.

They even started searching the water with Sonar imaging along with marsh areas around the bridge. Vezin said he wasn’t sure what time they were told they were in the wrong spot.

[...]

Just a couple things that jumped out at me in the article.

Fire, EMS dispatched to wrong bridge in fatal Beaufort Co. boat crash, 911 calls show

●"If they could have been there sooner, maybe she could have been found,” Randy Beach, Mallory’s uncle said Saturday night. “They could have given her CPR. There is a lot of what ifs. Maybe it wouldn’t have been seven days to find her.”

● "After 11 minutes, the dispatcher was still questioning the caller on the exact location of the crash."

● "Dispatchers either gave the wrong location or failed to correct first-responders heading to the wrong place 14 times in the hour after they received the 911 call, according to a review of the dispatch and radio calls among emergency officials."

● "At 4:29 a.m. dispatchers received a call from Beaufort County Search and Rescue saying, “We are getting conflicting stories here. I would like to talk to whoever called in so we can see exactly where the boat hit and where she flew out, so we can search the area better.”

IMO ---> I'm not sure in this situation if it would have made a difference between life and death but as her uncle says "maybe it wouldn't have been 7 days to find her". It makes me angry and I'm glad they are looking into it.

Just researching a little and these are powerful people in SC....even in the one article where they seem to be investigating the incident,the reporters feel the need to cover their butts: To be clear: This news outlet is not leveling allegations of any kind against any of the passengers on the boat – or against any of the individuals named in the wrongful death lawsuit.

I really wonder if this girl will get the justice she deserves. Sounds like it was underage drinking and driving a boat..perhaps even speeding..and then no one could even report where they were????

Just researching a little and these are powerful people in SC....even in the one article where they seem to be investigating the incident,the reporters feel the need to cover their butts: To be clear: This news outlet is not leveling allegations of any kind against any of the passengers on the boat – or against any of the individuals named in the wrongful death lawsuit.

I really wonder if this girl will get the justice she deserves. Sounds like it was underage drinking and driving a boat..perhaps even speeding..and then no one could even report where they were????
Yes, since when do journalists issue such specific disclaimers!

Here is dated 2002 background from FOrbes on some of the connections (boat owner etc) involved and the environment in which the investigation and lawsuits might be happening.
Home Court Advantage

It sounds like we will get a major update soon, as the SC state agency investigating the incident is expected to release its findings this week.

From the very beginning of its investigation into the death of 19-year-old Mallory Beach of Hampton, South Carolina, the state’s Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) has faced withering criticism over its alleged mishandling of this case.

Later this week, we will find out how the agency responds to that criticism … which we are told it is eager to do.

Multiple sources familiar with the situation tell us SCDNR will publish its findings in connection with this incident sometime this week – at which point S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson will have to decide whether to handle any criminal charges that may follow from the inquiry (or hand the matter off to one of the state’s regional solicitors).

Wilson is on the hot seat after S.C. fourteenth circuit solicitor Duffie Stone recused himself from the case – citing his connections to the powerful Lowcountry family at the epicenter of this tragic tale.

[...]

Mallory Beach Investigation: Will SCDNR Silence Its Critics?

kDNZGjv.jpg

‘Prayers answered’: Man charged in Beaufort Co. boat crash that killed Mallory Beach

Charges were filed on Beach’s birthday. She would have turned 20 years-old Thursday.

Mallory’s father, Phillip Beach, said the charges coming on her birthday was “prayers answered.”

Phillip said he took off work today and spent the morning at his daughter’s grave.

“I read the word and prayed and sang her happy birthday and gave her a card,” Beach said. “I know she isn’t there, her spirit is with the Lord now but it is something to remember her by. It is hard. It is still hard but God is helping us through it.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back