CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the presser:

Last night, at approximately 5:00 pm, the RCMP received a tip that two males matching the description of the wanted suspects were seen in York Landing, Manitoba. Based on the information received, the RCMP immediately deployed multiple resources to the community.

Officers searched the York Landing area throughout the night and continue their efforts today. The Royal Canadian Air Force is also assisting today with the search.

Officers on the ground have not made contact with the individuals, as such, the RCMP is not yet in a position to confirm that these are the wanted suspects. The goal today remains to safely locate and apprehend the individuals and confirm their identities.

RCMP Manitoba (@rcmpmb) | Twitter

I didn't turn it on until she was speaking in French. Can anyone post a few highlights?

air force is assisting today with the search... they have not made contact with the individuals so are not in a position to confirm that it was them.

I guess that confirms my thoughts the military will be helping. The thought of these puny weasels hiding from our military gives me great pleasure, they are going to be terrified when they find them. Our military is so top class and capable, if anyone can find them, its them!

air force is assisting today with the search... they have not made contact with the individuals so are not in a position to confirm that it was them.

The PC - York Landing is appx 90km SW of Gillam. (Appx 55 miles). “It is only accessible by air or via a 2 hour ferry crossing in the summer. There’s also a rail line that runs appx 25km south of the community”

The link is here -

Short of a magic carpet or similar, think this is about the absolute max they could have walked on foot in the time so far. Technically possible to have walked double the distance shown on map, but heavy brush, night travel etc I tried to account for. Even after that, likelihood of them reaching even the outer limits of my map area seem very very very slim

Attachments

• Onfoot.jpg
    Onfoot.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 28
Over the weekend, officers canvassed 250 homes and buildings in Gillam and neighbouring Fox Lake Cree Nation, where one of two burned-out cars believed to have been used by the suspects was found.

Mounties were also combing the rail line, waterways, cottages and cabins for any signs of the pair. They were aided by the Canadian Armed Forces, who deployed two military aircraft, one of which is outfitted with infrared cameras and imaging radar. A Via Rail train passing through Gillam and heading north to Churchill was also searched on the weekend.
bbm

RCMP have urged all Canadians to remain vigilant until arrests are made.

They discouraged people from posting tips to social media, saying it can create “substantial delays” in police response and hamper the investigation.

The suspects, both of Port Alberni, B.C., are still considered to be armed and dangerous. They also may have changed their appearance, police said.

Previously, RCMP suggested it was possible the duo received help to leave town, possibly by someone who did not know they were fugitives.

RCMP using ‘all possible’ resources as tip leads B.C. murder manhunt to York Landing

I am frankly amazed that no further lives appear to have been taken at this point. They must be out of ammunition, except perhaps for a few that they are holding back for the end.
--
I don't think this has anything to do with Dams. They could have just driven to the Kettle Dam if they wanted to and if they're in York Landing they would have more or less went past it, since it's very near Gillam.

If there is a manhunt out for them and they are doing their best to hide why would they go around killing people for no reason, calling attention to where they are?? They wanted the attention before, but not now.

Yes, they could have just driven to the dam but the whole point of the game is battle strategies.... so what would be the fun of their fantasy if they were playing alone? Now they are playing against the RCMP, army and Bear Clan. The taking of the dam comes later in the fantasy.

So, this is behind a paywall, but this seems egregiously unprofessional... You don't fire a weapon to communicate. You fire it to kill something. So either the journalist got something wrong, or someone is about to get reprimanded.

In the old days people used to fire guns in the wilderness during searches to communicate. This is a seriously rural, mostly wilderness area. I doubt anyone is going to get reprimanded. They know what they're doing.

I don't understand why there's always such a tendency to criticize LE. The RCMP seems to be working for hard to find these two and keep everyone safe.

Q & A following press conference

Manitoba RCMP Col. Courchaine says last night at 5 p.m. CT, RCMP received tip 2 males matching wanted suspects descriptions seen in York Landing, 90 km SW of Gillam, Man.

York Landing only accessible by air or ferry. Also a rail line that runs 25 km south of community. RCMP sent resources to community, including emerge response team, dog, containment, air and major crimes teams. Air Force helping search today, says Courchaine

RCMP still haven't made contact with the individuals, so can't confirm the sighting in York Landing was of wanted suspects. Col. Courchaine: "We understand that this is a trying time for the community of York Landing and that there is a lot of certainty."

Cpl. Courchaine calls tip in York Landing 'credible.' RCMP have received over 200 tips over past week, she says. She can't say where credible tip came from exactly, but asking public to continue calling in tips

Cpl. Courchaine says search area in York Landing similar to Gillam: "challenging terrain, lots of forest, lots of muskeg, waterways... we want to find them."

Col. Courchaine confirms sighting in Split Lake happened prior to burned SUV found last Monday. Won't say whether that sighting was by Split Lake constables or not. That's what a band councillor from the community told CBC News today

Cpl. Courchaine calls tip in York Landing 'credible.' RCMP have received over 200 tips over past week, she says. She can't say where credible tip came from exactly, but asking public to continue calling in tips

Cpl. Courchaine says search area in York Landing similar to Gillam: "challenging terrain, lots of forest, lots of muskeg, waterways... we want to find them."

RCMP Cpl. Courchaine says there's additional training for members involved in search to ensure they can deal with challenging terrain. RCMP ask community to be vigilant.

CBC Manitoba (@CBCManitoba) | Twitter

I personally think BS thinks he is Lanius from the game Lanius:Fallout, and KM is Caesar.
And that they are wanting to recreate the taking of the Hoover Dam scenerio in the game.
Except here they have their minds set on the biggest of the 5 dams in the area; Kettle dam.

Of course I have no way of knowing what deranged minds are thinking, but why flee to a remote area near 5 dams??? And bring maps and camping gear and have trained in camouflage and "the art of war" in the woods back home for over two years?(as per BS's father)

Lanius
I'd say KM is Lanius; check the pic of 'Lanius without the helmet' caracter on the link you provided (scroll down a bit
). The remarkable KM-Lanius resemblance was noticed a couple of threads ago if I remember correctly. I do feel the actions of the suspects have roots in the games they we into. Sure hope LE has access to the online life of the guys or have found someone to guide them in this online world!

Thought: what if the suspects aren't in this city, and this manhunt/press coverage/etc. is an attempt to get them to move and expose themselves because they think police are too busy looking elsewhere?

If I were a fugitive holed down somewhere, and heard there was a big search effort hundreds of miles away, I might think that this is the time to make a break for it.

Tweets sum up the presser (excluding questions):

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
Last night, at approximately 5:00 pm, the RCMP received a tip that two males matching the description of the wanted suspects were seen in York Landing, Manitoba. Based on the information received, the RCMP immediately deployed multiple resources to the community. #rcmpmb

9:33 AM - 29 Jul 2019

Officers searched the York Landing area throughout the night and continue their efforts today. The Royal Canadian Air Force is also assisting today with the search.

9:34 AM - 29 Jul 2019

Officers on the ground have not made contact with the individuals, as such, the RCMP is not yet in a position to confirm that these are the wanted suspects. The goal today remains to safely locate and apprehend the individuals and confirm their identities.

9:34 AM - 29 Jul 2019

It is critical that residents of York Landing remain vigilant & stay indoors as much as possible with their doors locked, & to report anything suspicious by calling their local police immediately.

9:35 AM - 29 Jul 2019*

*Pacific Standard Time

It's going to come down to an average citizen spotting them going through a dumpster somewhere--probably behind a grocery store.
And sounding the alarm in time.
I just don't want anymore innocents hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member