MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to the defense team. By all accounts, this guy was a real Grade-A piece of crap who was entitled, arrogant, gun-toting, and in an on-again, off-again abusive relationship with the victim. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together the pieces, and that is without any additional ballistics, blood, or electronic evidence they likely have. The only one who seems shocked by the possibility of this high-class misogynistic jerk being the perpetrator is Daddy Dearest.

Good luck to the defense team. By all accounts, this guy was a real Grade-A piece of crap who was entitled, arrogant, gun-toting, and in an on-again, off-again abusive relationship with the victim. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together the pieces, and that is without any additional ballistics, blood, or electronic evidence they likely have. The only one who seems shocked by the possibility of this high-class misogynistic jerk being the perpetrator is Daddy Dearest.
BBM

Unbelievable how much in denial some parents are.
Like the mother of one of the Canadian killers who said he was a "... nice boy who wouldn't hurt anyone ..." (paraphrased by me)

Poor Ally, this was so senseless ! What a bright smile she had. :(

And to the perp:
Was it worth it ? Losing your freedom for possibly the remainder of your days ?
<modsnip>
Always having to look over your shoulder, and cannot escape from someone who has a grudge against you ?
(Not that we care.)

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO, what you're saying makes a lot of sense, Gardener. I know how quickly rumors can spread and end up being presented as fact on WS so that's why I originally asked for clarification myself.

I'm still waiting for something official to confirm it before I believe it. I would also think that there would be a charge related to the loss of the baby if she was pregnant. The only charge so far is murder. Unless perhaps those type of charges have to be decided by the Grand Jury? I'm not a lawyer so I don't know...

You guys are just speculating about pregnancy though, correct?

Yes, purely speculation only at this point! I haven’t seen anything official confirmed in MSM - but comments from both a reporter who seems to be very well thought of here, and LE (or it may have been the coroner? I will try to find a link) seem to be pointing that way, sadly.

Did they already have a funeral for Ally? I can't help thinking that if she was pregnant that would have been revealed publically by now. Wouldn't her family have wanted to honor the life of the baby in a memorial service as well? If the family didn't know that would surprise me. Would LE really keep pregnancy a secret from her family when releasing her body to them and/or would her family really continue to keep a pregnancy quiet if they knew about it?

MOO

Gardener1850, hasn’t the case been sealed now though? MOO - I don’t know enough about US law to state this as fact (I am based in the UK), but would have thought this would stop both LE & the family from revealing this to the public. I could be wrong about this though - please somebody correct me if I am!

It could also be (and likely is) the case that the family do know more than we do, but have been asked to keep quiet by LE - probably for the same reasons the case has been sealed.

If the speculations about a second death are correct, then I am sure that the family are devastated, and grieving in private in their own way. I do hope the speculations are wrong of course - the loss of Ally is terrible enough.

Yes, purely speculation only at this point! I haven’t seen anything official confirmed in MSM - but comments from both a reporter who seems to be very well thought of here, and LE (or it may have been the coroner? I will try to find a link) seem to be pointing that way, sadly.

Gardener1850, hasn’t the case been sealed now though? MOO - I don’t know enough about US law to state this as fact (I am based in the UK), but would have thought this would stop both LE & the family from revealing this to the public. I could be wrong about this though - please somebody correct me if I am!

It could also be (and likely is) the case that the family do know more than we do, but have been asked to keep quiet by LE - probably for the same reasons the case has been sealed.

If the speculations about a second death are correct, then I am sure that the family are devastated, and grieving in private in their own way. I do hope the speculations are wrong of course - the loss of Ally is terrible enough.

There's a difference between sealing a file and issuing a gag order. The first, which was done in this case, prevents the disclosure of information filed with the Court. The latter, which has not been done to my knowledge, prevents the parties and their counsel from talking about the case.

Gardener is correct though that in the US if she was pregnant, he would have gotten charged with at least something for that, even if it was two counts of abuse of a corpse.

There's a difference between sealing a file and issuing a gag order. The first, which was done in this case, prevents the disclosure of information filed with the Court. The latter, which has not been done to my knowledge, prevents the parties and their counsel from talking about the case.

Gardener is correct though that in the US if she was pregnant, he would have gotten charged with at least something for that, even if it was two counts of abuse of a corpse.

So if the case is sealed, wouldn’t it be the case that the second charge may not have been disclosed to the public - especially if they’ve only been able to evidence a second charge following the autopsy, after filing the first? Hope this makes sense and doesn’t sound argumentative - just trying to understand!

I'm not so sure about this.

Just because a friend of hers threw the word around doesn't make it so. She may have wanted something different from their "relationship" than he did... and refusing to see the forest for the trees, doesn't make it abusive.

Last edited:
So if the case is sealed, wouldn’t it be the case that the second charge may not have been disclosed to the public - especially if they’ve only been able to evidence a second charge following the autopsy, after filing the first? Hope this makes sense and doesn’t sound argumentative - just trying to understand!
My understanding is that only the case file is sealed (things filed with or said to the court), but not the charges. Just off the top of my head, though. I could be wrong.

I don't believe all charges have to be filed at the same time. Does any legal person from MS know what the status of an unborn fetus is in the State? We have seen this issue is other cases and I believe States can differ in their treatment.

Edit - Here is a summary:
Mississippi* Miss. Code Ann. § 11.7.13 describes circumstances when a person may be entitled to bring a wrongful death action, and includes circumstances related to the death of an unborn quick child. The law excludes acts committed by the mother, a medical procedure performed by a medical professional or lawfully prescribed medication.
Miss. Code Ann. § 97-3-19 defines murder to include murder that is done with deliberate design to effect the death of an unborn child.
Miss. Code Ann. § 97-3-37 provides a list of the criminal offenses, including murder, homicide and assault, in which the definition of “human being” includes an unborn child at every stage of gestation from conception to live birth. 2011 Miss. Laws, Chap. 307 amended the law by changing the punishments for the defined offenses.

I understand the confusion on the subject. I believe that the findings of her being pregnant would still have been noted in the original autopsy report. Bear with me, I'm simultaneously working while searching for a link that will explain this.

These are the comments I was referring to earlier made by LE (the county coroner):

Rocky Kennedy, Lafayette County coroner, said there's a reason officials are not saying much.

"It’s not a story for everybody to see until it goes to court and goes to trial," he said. "Some of the sensitive details in this case… (are) instrumental to make sure this person who committed this crime is tried and convicted and serve an applicable sentence or punishment and held responsible for what they did."

Source: Ally Kostial murder at Ole Miss: 'You never expect something like that in Oxford'

Hope this link is okay - I am not 100% convinced it is the same one I followed from Websleuths last night! Please report if not :)

These are the comments I was referring to earlier made by LE (the county coroner):

Rocky Kennedy, Lafayette County coroner, said there's a reason officials are not saying much.

"It’s not a story for everybody to see until it goes to court and goes to trial," he said. "Some of the sensitive details in this case… (are) instrumental to make sure this person who committed this crime is tried and convicted and serve an applicable sentence or punishment and held responsible for what they did."

Source: Ally Kostial murder at Ole Miss: 'You never expect something like that in Oxford'

Hope this link is okay - I am not 100% convinced it is the same one I followed from Websleuths last night! Please report if not :)

This link should be fine. Its from the Clarion-Ledger, one of the largest newspapers in the state. Definitely MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks