The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Of all the women she did NOT choose the Queen!' Meghan faces backlash over 'trailblazers' Vogue cover she worked on during maternity leave as royal watchers warn her to keep out of politics

Meghan Markle faces backlash over her Vogue cover 'trailblazers' | Daily Mail Online

Of course she didn't. If she had included the Queen she'd be criticised for not including Kate. If she included Kate she'd be critised for not including Anne / Charlotte / Camila etc, take your pick. I'm fairly neutral on Meghan and the royal family, and even I can see that the anti-Meghan people will sieze on anything to bash her.

I haven't seen Vogue for years but would be interested in Meghan's article. Will the British version be available in the U.S.? If not, any suggestions for getting a copy?

I haven't seen Vogue for years but would be interested in Meghan's article. Will the British version be available in the U.S.? If not, any suggestions for getting a copy?

I hope this Barnes and Noble link helps BetteDavisEyes. The September issue isn’t available yet.

British Vogue

British Vogue might also be available on the Amazon Kindle website app in the US. If you have a tablet you can download the kindle app you don’t need to have a kindle.

I hope this Barnes and Noble link helps BetteDavisEyes. The September issue isn’t available yet.

British Vogue

British Vogue might also be available on the Amazon Kindle website app in the US. If you have a tablet you can download the kindle app you don’t need to have a kindle.

Thanks! Hopefully, the magazine will be available at B & N near me.

View attachment 195823

Prince Harry reveals he and Meghan will only have two children to help save the planet in interview for wife's Vogue - and speaks of how 'unconscious bias' is causing racism in Britain

Prince Harry interviewed by Dr Jane Goodall for Meghan's edition of British Vogue | Daily Mail Online

Save the planet? I always LOL when celebs try to sell this garbage, ie do as I say, not as I do. ETA and calling Brits racists is going to go over like a lead balloon.

Why Fast Fashion Is Your Evil, Haute Couture Polluting, Unforgiving Cousin

Why Fast Fashion Is Your Evil, Haute Couture Polluting, Unforgiving Cousin

Because it is Vogue I think there might be a lot of push back on the hypocrisy of the fashion industry and those who worship it, the celebrity of it, the superficiality of it.

The massive human cost to the countries who work in sweatshops, the blight of pollution and disposable clothes, and the cost to impossibly thin models in the industry. (Body image and ideals)

There are true artists in this industry and that’s what I love about fashion.

I guess I’m having difficulty connecting how all this translates into change the world.

There are many game changers out there...

I’m also not sure how Anais Nin is going to go over with mothers of tweens. She’s a favorite author, one I explored in my twenties.

But what do I know, I was reading Jane Austin when I was fourteen, in the radical 70’s... lol!

Also, I always thought fostering and adopting, not adding to the planet was an altruistic thing to do.

The words inherent and bias are catch phrases for “woke”. And I’m still not sure what that means. We are all biased by virtue of our humanity and experience.

Enlightenment is often achieved after a lifetime of study and practice. I would have added some of our spiritual greats to the list.

I do hope UK Vogue becomes available online to read Meghan’s article, and also so I can skip the ads! :rolleyes:o_O:p

'Of all the women she did NOT choose the Queen!' Meghan faces backlash over 'trailblazers' Vogue cover she worked on during maternity leave as royal watchers warn her to keep out of politics

Meghan Markle faces backlash over her Vogue cover 'trailblazers' | Daily Mail Online

Yes, Meghan should stick to things such as ribbon cutting and theatre premiers. NOT!

I am thrilled with her trying to make a positive difference. Those that criticize will do it no matter what she does.

Kudos to Meghan. She is a force for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member