GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

I am no legal expert. But I think by ruling a crime of passion, it eliminates premeditation and therefore manslaughter comes into play. I attached a legal dictionary definition.
If shooting a young woman 8-22 times in the belly and leaving her by a lake, then taking off for Memphis is considered manslaughter, God bless us all.

In response to @Lulu45 question re how DM story could benefit the defense (for some reason the original post didn’t get copied):

If nothing else, psychological warfare w/the victim’s family. Seeing horrfic lies told about an innocent, violently lost and dearly missed loved can be almost as unbearable as the loss itself and prevents healing. Families faced w/hateful rumors may be more likely to encourage the DA to accept a plea deal just to make it stop.

Not saying that’s the case here or know how often it works, but for a defense team pulling out all the stops it’s worth a try.

Last edited:
I made an account just to post this. I wouldn’t listen to the DM article at all. I have immediate family members in the public eye and they did a story on an incident involving my family not long ago. First time they posted the story, they had family members all mixed up. They changed it and included “witness” and “friend” statements and info... which NO ONE had ever heard of the people LOL. I don’t believe a thing they say.
Great insight. Sadly, I’m not surpried.

Thank you for taking the time to create an account and post. Welcome! I’m sure I’m not alone in hoping now that you’re here you will stick around.

LE is being pretty tight lipped about this case after the arrest. I don't foresee any announcements made by them regarding if she was pregnant coming out before trial.

I would also think if an announcement that she was pregnant was going to be made before trial, it would be after a DNA test would have determined if BT was the father. I doubt those results have been received yet.

JMO

Bringing this post over from the previous thread :
@beatrixpotter : "... Yes, are we allowed to discuss that the MSM article says she was trying to end her pregnancy with alcohol and drug use? It's pretty scandalous but we've always been able to discuss DM on here before. But she's a victim so does that mean we can't discuss anything that is bad regarding the victim? It didn't sound very credible to ME though that a woman would refuse an abortion on moral grounds while simultaneous trying to induce one on her own. I wonder if that's just gossip. And then of course that's the case what is any of the other info regarding her being pregnant but gossip? But on the other hand this trashy tabloid isn't usually grossly inaccurate. "

Since the DM is allowed as a valid msm source, I'd expect there to be a grain of truth in their articles.
Back a few years on this site, a poster stated that they fact checked the DM and found that that source wasn't far off the mark.

I'd be nice to find another msm source re. Ally's being pregnant.
Going to wait for another news source.
So we wait.

I'm fearing that this killer may get off with a slap on the wrist as his defense will try to prove it was just a 'heat of the moment' attack.

Whatever.
Murder is still murder.
bbm
ITA
I don't know anything about firearms, but it does take a few seconds at least to fire off 8 or however many shots, especially if they were aimed at a certain area of someone's body. At night. In the woods.
The defense certainly cannot claim that it was unplanned and he was a good shot, so that it would look like "he lost his mind for 5--10 seconds" -- that one won't work in my opinion (d'oh). He had to remove the pistol from where ever it was (on the seat of the vehicle, in his waistband, or similar) and aim and shoot, shoot, shoot, etc. (please excuse).
And if she really was pregnant, wouldn't his DNA be in the fetus as well? Assuming so, but dunno for sure.

We'll see what -- if -- other MSMs put the most recent story out there...

I'm even skeptical of that. It would be easy to fake it and be anonymous. Those young ladies are taking a huge risk in most likely (my guess only) defying an edict not to speak to the media. Maybe I'll buy it later, but not right now.
Yep, cross-checking, and verifying with at least one more source on any big story. This could have already been done, but I don't think we WS'ers have seen or heard it yet.
So we wait some more...

Parents PR rep probably will need to make a statement since other media outlets are picking up the pregnancy info.

IF she was expecting and he knew it... points to premeditation; imo.
Whether or not it was his--- he had possibly planned this for a while in his mind.
So I'm hoping the prosecution goes for premed. as well.
Anything to keep him locked away until he's 80 years old or dead, whichever comes first.
He'll be a danger to others for the rest of his life.
Wonder if he's committed other crimes and they were hidden away by his father ?

Not sure what abortion laws are in MS or KS, but if the rumored time that she is 17 weeks, maybe she was over the time for a legal abortion. Now a new issue has arisen and he's feeling really trapped. Maybe he thought she had taken care of it and that night she told him she hadn't gone thru with it. Panic fury and anger take over. Ally and the baby are the target of his fury. Ally and the baby suffer his wrath. Is that a crime of passion or cold blooded murder by this worthless b####rd?

bbm
ITA
I don't know anything about firearms, but it does take a few seconds at least to fire off 8 or however many shots, especially if they were aimed at a certain area of someone's body. At night. In the woods.
The defense certainly cannot claim that it was unplanned and he was a good shot, so that it would look like "he lost his mind for 5--10 seconds" -- that one won't work in my opinion (d'oh). He had to remove the pistol from where ever it was (on the seat of the vehicle, in his waistband, or similar) and aim and shoot, shoot, shoot, etc. (please excuse).
And if she really was pregnant, wouldn't his DNA be in the fetus as well? Assuming so, but dunno for sure.

We'll see what -- if -- other MSMs put the most recent story out there...
10 seconds for 8 rounds from a Glock but maybe there were 22 rounds and maybe he had to reload. Any way you look at it, this all took some thought, as you said, borndem.

We can be sure that LE knew very quickly if there was a baby and if it was his. Yes on the fetus' DNA.

Is not getting your way really considered a crime of passion though? I always think of it as something like catching someone raping your child or your spouse in bed with someone else. Finding out that a woman you (most likely) voluntarily had sex with is pregnant shouldn’t be that much of a surprise. Even a college sophomore should know that. Imo

10 seconds for 8 rounds from a Glock but maybe there were 22 rounds and maybe he had to reload. Any way you look at it, this all took some thought, as you said, borndem.

We can be sure that LE knew very quickly if there was a baby and if it was his. Yes on the fetus' DNA.

Many thanks for your reply, @MemPat!
I figured the father's DNA would have to be there, and I thought that firing that many shots would take more than an eyeblink. And agreed, too, that both sides of this case are up-to-date on whatever the autopsy revealed. The tox screen can often take a couple of weeks, etc.
I feel a bit smarter now!! :)
Again, thanks for your good information!

Because a portion of the article was not becoming to her, IMO, they can use it as perhaps a reason he snapped?

ETA: It won’t work, it just makes it a circus and harder on her family
I'd also like to see the person who reported to DM take the stand -- especially about the part about her trying to hurt the baby. Under oath and all that... And how many other friends might refute that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back