Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity where does one look to find bankruptcy information? Inquiring minds NEED to know LOL .....I might have a few people I need to sleuth for my own personal enjoyment LOL

I don't know. I was looking for information on the person mentioned in this thread as the owner of the farm so did the following Google search:
"Tomme Sue Feil" - Google Search

The bankruptcy entry is about 10th on the list, with the title:
[PDF]
Bankruptcy Forms - WordPress.com
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/document1.pdf

Heavy.com found it and put it there.
PACER is the one I almost always use:
“Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) is an electronic public access service that allows users to obtain case and docket information online from federal appellate, district, and bankruptcy courts, and the PACER Case Locator. PACER is provided by the Federal Judiciary in keeping with its commitment to providing public access to court information via a centralized service.” (BBM)
Public Access to Court Electronic Records

About the Case Locator:

You can set up account here:
Registration Wizard

Also:
“Access to case information costs $0.10 per page. The cost to access a single document is capped at $3.00, the equivalent of 30 pages. The cap does not apply to name searches, reports that are not case-specific, and transcripts of federal court proceedings.

By Judicial Conference policy, if your usage does not exceed $15 in a quarter, fees are waived.”

Yeah, I was. I didn’t grow up on a farm, nor am I familiar that people keep guns on hand if they have to shoot animals or cattle, as I don’t have that knowledge or experience. So I assumed that the media reporting he lived there and operated the farm there, and that he was a felon there wouldn’t be guns there. Clearly, I may have been wrong, and sorry for offending you with a question as to how he would get a gun. I know as a non felon, law abiding citizen, I have to fill out paperwork and wait a week to get a gun, so I didn’t know how he would have gotten one.

I apologize. I live in a world where guns are part of everyday life. I forget that others do not. I didn't mean to make you feel bad for asking an honest question. Just realize that felons with guns are everything wrong with guns. And there is no way to stop them. There never will be.

Again, my apologies.

PACER is the one I almost always use:
“Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) is an electronic public access service that allows users to obtain case and docket information online from federal appellate, district, and bankruptcy courts, and the PACER Case Locator. PACER is provided by the Federal Judiciary in keeping with its commitment to providing public access to court information via a centralized service.” (BBM)

About the Case Locator:

You can set up account here:
Registration Wizard

Also:
“Access to case information costs $0.10 per page. The cost to access a single document is capped at $3.00, the equivalent of 30 pages. The cap does not apply to name searches, reports that are not case-specific, and transcripts of federal court proceedings.

By Judicial Conference policy, if your usage does not exceed $15 in a quarter, fees are waived.”

But you need a federal ID # to create an account correct?

Yeah, I was. I didn’t grow up on a farm, nor am I familiar that people keep guns on hand if they have to shoot animals or cattle, as I don’t have that knowledge or experience. So I assumed that the media reporting he lived there and operated the farm there, and that he was a felon there wouldn’t be guns there. Clearly, I may have been wrong, and sorry for offending you with a question as to how he would get a gun. I know as a non felon, law abiding citizen, I have to fill out paperwork and wait a week to get a gun, so I didn’t know how he would have gotten one.
Actually we had a neighbor who went to jail and got out and moved in with his folks- his dad had to get rid of every single gun in the house and on the farm before he could be released to live with them- because he was on probation -they check-I know his parents were willing to do anything to help him get back on track-and they did

Actually we had a neighbor who went to jail and got out and moved in with his folks- his dad had to get rid of every single gun in the house and on the farm before he could be released to live with them- because he was on probation -they check-I know his parents were willing to do anything to help him get back on track-and they did

I'm glad they checked and I would think they would have checked in this case too but it depends where he was released to. They may not have checked the farm but only his residence.

11 min ago
“A filing in Wisconsin probate court lists the date of death for both Nicholas and Justin Diemel as July 21.

[SBM]

‘There is an operating business that needs to be administered until full probate administration can be commenced,’ the filing said.

The filing does not say how the brothers are known to be dead. The filing proposed two different orders, one for each brother, but neither have been approved by the court as of noon on Wednesday.” (BBM)
Proposed court order: Diemel brothers died July 21

I apologize. I live in a world where guns are part of everyday life. I forget that others do not. I didn't mean to make you feel bad for asking an honest question. Just realize that felons with guns are everything wrong with guns. And there is no way to stop them. There never will be.

Again, my apologies.

Much appreciated apology. I am familiar with guns; however, I have never been around a situation where there was a way to get one without a permit. I mean gun shows, pawn shops, gun trading websites all have paperwork.

As far as needing one on a farm, I am naive in that sense, as I assumed when animals need to be put down, a vet would come out and do so. I don’t even know how people could look an animal in the eye and kill it, unless it was hit by a car and suffering, but there again, I’d be the person trying to do CPR to fix it.

It is just so out of my norm/realm to think people, actual human beings, act this way and do things like this.

I am just a silver lining person, so I have been praying and hoping that by some miracle they are out there, being held against their will, in some barn some old lady or old man out of town never uses, or checks, or anything other than what it seems. It is just so sad not just for the Diemel family and poor Justin’s girlfriend Taylor, but for the Nelson family as well. I mean, if he did this, that family lost someone as well, a person they thought they knew, who turned into a monster. It is just all so heartbreaking.

Remember gun laws vary widely among states (and overall are much less restrictive than in foreign countries). Here is a summary of the laws for Missouri:
Gun laws in Missouri - Wikipedia

Note no background checks are required for private sales (federal regulations mandate such checks for gun dealers). So it would have been very easy to acquire a gun in an informal transaction

Updated 10 min ago

“Law enforcement agencies from across northwest Missouri appear to be pulling out all the stops in the search for two missing Wisconsin brothers, including utilizing different sets of police dogs.

[SBM]

‘We have a variety of resources available for law enforcement and fire (departments),’ [Missouri Search and Rescue K9 Unit President Robin] Houston said. ‘The type of K9 specialties that we have are air scent lifeline dogs and lifeline trailing dogs.’

‘We also provide human remains detection dogs and then we have an evidence dog that can do firearms detection and things like that,’ Houston said.

[Buchanan County Sheriff Bill] Puett said neither dog unit teamed up with his deputies, who were searching an area off Ayers Road near a barn and cattle pen.

[SBM]

On Monday, Clinton County Sheriff Larry Fish said recent rain hindered the investigation. Houston said rain may have caused problems for dogs that follow a live scent, but wouldn't be a problem for cadaver dogs.

[SBM]

The address being searched is the listed address of Garland Joseph Nelson in a 2015 bankruptcy filing.

[SBM]

Petition filed to declare brothers legally dead

In a court document filed Tuesday, Lisa Diemel, the wife of Nicholas Diemel, asked a judge to declare both Nicholas and Justin legally dead.

In the filing in Shawano County Probate Court, Lisa Diemel is listed as a ‘special administrator.’ The date of death is listed as July 21, the day the brothers missed their return flight to Wisconsin and the day police said the brothers were at the farm in Braymer.

According to the Caldwell County Assessor's office, the property under search in Braymer isn't owned by Nelson, but by a Tomme Sue Feil.”
Wife files petition to declare Diemel brothers legally dead
View attachment 195908

Incredibly sad for her to have to do that, but Wisconsin statutes require it for her to have access to the business accounts. I am guessing here but I would assume she had to pay employees and keep things running even with all of the horror going on. This poor woman and just so sad for her and the family.

She needed to have them declared dead to manage the business while the search continues.....

Wife of missing Shawano County brother asks court to let her manage livestock business

Seriously heartbreaking the things people have to go through just to continue to exist during this awful time.

Last edited:
KMBC 9

Could this be the post you are referring to? If so, I hope the link above works!

The link should take you to a post on KMBC’s Facebook page from 8:15 AM yesterday (EDT, where I live; 7:15 AM CDT local time, I believe). The title of the article linked in the post is “The search continues: Judge denies bond for man accused in disappearance of Wisconsin brothers.”

In the comments section, look for a post by a JT (same name as a popular folk singer from the 60-70’s ;)) from 11:57 AM CDT yesterday. It’s a screenshot and a comment.

He posts a few more screenshots after that, as well as comments.

Again, I hope the link works!

Friendly reminder: We cannot discuss contents of SM posts unless confirmed by MSM :).
Thank you!!

As far as needing one on a farm, I am naive in that sense, as I assumed when animals need to be put down, a vet would come out and do so.

Farmers have a big problem with nuisance wildlife eating crops, killing chickens, etc. You have to kill them when you see them. There is no time to call and expensive to call someone to do it.

Remember gun laws vary widely among states (and overall are much less restrictive than in foreign countries). Here is a summary of the laws for Missouri:
Gun laws in Missouri - Wikipedia

Note no background checks are required for private sales (federal regulations mandate such checks for gun dealers). So it would have been very easy to acquire a gun in an informal transaction

So I just looked up the link you provided and I am shocked, as it seems, a felon can lawfully possess an antique firearm in Missouri and it is not considered a crime or against the law.

Missouri law exempts the possession of antique firearms, as defined in 18 U.S.C. Section 921, from the provision that specifies a person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if he or she is a convicted felon possessing a firearm.[6]

If that is what this means, any felon out there can just have an antique gun and it is totally legal??? Crazy!

Is the place where the truck was left - a commuter or ride share parking lot?
If not, what was the primary use?

And would you think it was odd for someone to call and ask for a ride from such a parking lot? Unless there was a history of this person getting picked up from there?

Much appreciated apology. I am familiar with guns; however, I have never been around a situation where there was a way to get one without a permit. I mean gun shows, pawn shops, gun trading websites all have paperwork.

As far as needing one on a farm, I am naive in that sense, as I assumed when animals need to be put down, a vet would come out and do so. I don’t even know how people could look an animal in the eye and kill it, unless it was hit by a car and suffering, but there again, I’d be the person trying to do CPR to fix it.

It is just so out of my norm/realm to think people, actual human beings, act this way and do things like this.

I am just a silver lining person, so I have been praying and hoping that by some miracle they are out there, being held against their will, in some barn some old lady or old man out of town never uses, or checks, or anything other than what it seems. It is just so sad not just for the Diemel family and poor Justin’s girlfriend Taylor, but for the Nelson family as well. I mean, if he did this, that family lost someone as well, a person they thought they knew, who turned into a monster. It is just all so heartbreaking.

A gun is many times a quicker, safer way to euthanize an animal than waiting around for a vet. Another issue with chemical euthanasia is disposal of the carcass. If an animal is put down using drugs, you have to make sure that scavenger animals do not have access to the carcass or that the carcass cannot contaminate any water sources. For example, I live in a state where a vet cannot legally euthanize an animal unless a hole has already been dug and the animal can be placed in it to be covered. The animal can be euthanized by gunshot though because gunshot will not contaminate anything. Most vets here carry guns as well as the means of chemical euthanasia, but most farmers are able to put animals down with a gun as well.

Cost of the vet can also factor in as well.

It is also good to remember that there are worse things than death, especially in a situation with animals. Needless suffering is one of those things.

I’m leaning more along the lines that if he had help or a ride his help didn’t know what they were really helping him with.
JMO
Lets say this is true.
At this point whom ever helped with the ride has to know by now he's in hot water.
Unless LE already knows, the ride giver better high tail it in and report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong