GUILTY GA - Laila Daniel, 2, beaten to death, McDonough, 17 Nov 2015 *foster parents arrested*

I have always wondered what goes on when a deliberation has to start over. I'm sure they take a vote, to gauge the new person's thinking. But I wonder if there's a lot of pressure on the new person to fit themselves into the group's thinking (saying groupthink is too strong, but it's where my mind goes)...in order to return to where they left off in deliberating.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson 17m
#RosenbaumTrial -
@AJC reporter @alexisnews wrote a letter to the court regarding her contact with a juror yesterday:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
#RosenbaumTrial - "Please accept my sincerest apologies for causing unnecessary drama in the courtroom today. I was simply exchanging pleasantries with this man. He talked much more to me than he let on in court. Regardless I feel awful about ever opening my mouth. "I take my work seriously. I would never want to disrupt the judicial process."

Cathy Russon on Twitter

I wish she hadn't said anything but I believe her. I'm glad the juror was removed. Clearly the juror was the one who felt he had done something wrong since he felt the need to lie about the interaction. So I'm also glad this happened to get him out of the jury room.

I have always wondered what goes on when a deliberation has to start over. I'm sure they take a vote, to gauge the new person's thinking. But I wonder if there's a lot of pressure on the new person to fit themselves into the group's thinking (saying groupthink is too strong, but it's where my mind goes)...in order to return to where they left off in deliberating.

I wonder if they actually start completely over. Do they just fill in the new juror where they are at in the deliberations. I guess it would depend on the new juror and how they feel about the case. imo

That's the question, isnt it? If the new juror goes in there with no decision in mind, they have to spend a lot of time getting them up to speed on what has already been discussed. But I don't think they would bother to re-vote on each count, because that's what starting over would entail. Human nature is to use shortcuts when possible, and if the previous vote was unanimous, and the new guy agrees, yeah, move on to the next thing...

I wish she hadn't said anything but I believe her. I'm glad the juror was removed. Clearly the juror was the one who felt he had done something wrong since he felt the need to lie about the interaction. So I'm also glad this happened to get him out of the jury room.

That's fine, but she lied to the judge yesterday too.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson 17m
#RosenbaumTrial -
@AJC reporter @alexisnews wrote a letter to the court regarding her contact with a juror yesterday:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
#RosenbaumTrial - "Please accept my sincerest apologies for causing unnecessary drama in the courtroom today. I was simply exchanging pleasantries with this man. He talked much more to me than he let on in court. Regardless I feel awful about ever opening my mouth. "I take my work seriously. I would never want to disrupt the judicial process."

Cathy Russon on Twitter

Then shut up, your 15 minutes of fame are over.

Mull tried to renew her motion for mistrial and was denied again. This was because of a facebook posting by a juror, but turns out it had nothing to do with the case.

Sounds like the defense has been scouring social media.

Tweets from L&C

Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter

Defense moves for a mistrial again. A juror has posted on their Facebook page. The post doesn't appear to be related to the case but defense says staying off of social media was judge's order.

The judge says juror didn't violate any order. His order is to avoid reading, discussing anything about the case as it relates to social media. Judge denies motion for mistrial. Bringing jury in now to discuss schedule.

The juror had updated their profile pic on FB. Jury is now sequestered. If no verdict tonight they will go to a hotel. The judge sent them back into the jury room and told them to send out a note if they want dinner brought in or done for the evening.

Oh I didn't see video just Cathys tweet which wasn't a quote.

Yeah, we knew she lied because Cathy tweeted about it yesterday before the reporter was called before the judge where she and the juror lied. I guess Mull found out what really happened last night and then brought it up again this morning.

i am thinking like most folks, they can't possibly live without their phones.. so now it is time to get down to business :D
Judge was very strict - they sent a note asking if they could have their phones back to make calls to their families and he said no.

I can't see how they're going to get fresh clothes for tomorrow, and overnight bags. Maybe they had to sort that out earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back