Murdered Cousin

Teresap007

Reaction score
I'm trying to find information regarding the 1994 murder of Steven Wayne Prebilske. For years I thought he died of an overdose in a motel room in Victoria, Tecas. Then it was he was murdered in the hotel room. An anonymous female called for a welfare check on the room and that was how he was discovered. On Find A Grave, he died in Port O'Connor, Texas. I can't find anything about his murder on the internet as far as I know it remains unsolved. No one ever talks about it which is how the family handles everything from addiction, affairs, secret pregnancies, pedophilia and the beat goes on.

There really was next to nothing that I was able to find. According the Victoria Advocate, he was found deceased at the Welch Motel. The motel used to be at 1811 Broadway, Port Lavaca, TX. It was torn down in 2005.

Attachments

• Prebilske - Victoria Advocate 3-15-1994.JPG
    Prebilske - Victoria Advocate 3-15-1994.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 20
  • Prebilske - Victoria Advocate 3-16-1994.JPG
    Prebilske - Victoria Advocate 3-16-1994.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Prebilske - Welch Motel.JPG
    Prebilske - Welch Motel.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 18
Looks like Port O'Conner is in Calhoun County, Texas.

The district attorney's office

Calhoun County Texas

should have a Victim Advocate. If Mr. Prebilske is your cousin, you are a victim of this crime. The Victim Advocate may be able to help you get copies of the LE case file and help you connect to resources in the area relating to your cousin's situation.

Best, Laughing

Calhoun County Texas

should have a Victim Advocate. If Mr. Prebilske is your cousin, you are a victim of this crime. The Victim Advocate may be able to help you get copies of the LE case file and help you connect to resources in the area relating to your cousin's situation.

Best, Laughing

The motel address is/was in Port Lavaca but that is also in Calhoun County.

I'm trying to find information regarding the 1994 murder of Steven Wayne Prebilske. For years I thought he died of an overdose in a motel room in Victoria, Tecas. Then it was he was murdered in the hotel room. An anonymous female called for a welfare check on the room and that was how he was discovered. On Find A Grave, he died in Port O'Connor, Texas. I can't find anything about his murder on the internet as far as I know it remains unsolved. No one ever talks about it which is how the family handles everything from addiction, affairs, secret pregnancies, pedophilia and the beat goes on.
Gosh are we related :), No seriously I have the exact same situation, I found a distant family member that kinda stayed away from everyone and she had all kinds of info on my murdered cousin , I suggest family wise you find that person that wasn't really around much , if you have one they seem to be a wealth of knowledge, oddly I didn't even know she existed

Wait what?

The family operated one motel, and SWP passed away in another? How close together were the motels? Did the 2 sets of lodging operators know each other? Were they friendly & cooperative, or competitive?

Was SWP operating the other motel, so those operators could take a trip/see the doctor/see a grandchild graduate from college?

The obit indicates the parents retired from operating the motel in 1997, shortly after SWP death.

Any Chamber of Commerce or area tourism records from the era?

Interesting information!

JMHO YMMV LRR

Last edited:
I never knew him but he was my father. I knew that he lived in TX & was told the first story, that he was found in a hotel room deceased of natural causes. I would definitely like to know if there is anymore or differing info surrounding the circumstances of his death.

I never knew him but he was my father. I knew that he lived in TX & was told the first story, that he was found in a hotel room deceased of natural causes. I would definitely like to know if there is anymore or differing info surrounding the circumstances of his death.

This applies to you as well:

Calhoun County Texas

Replace the word "cousin" with "father," of course!

Please let us know what you find out!

Best, Laughing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam