Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's insane! They say the two sketches are not the same person. So did the witness of OBG sketch see somebody different than the witness of YBG? Yet they both were the same height, weight, and hair color? But if it's likely a combination of the two, than that makes it sound like two witnesses describing the same person, but just remembering them differently. Or the suspect's appearance changed dramatically between the two sightings. All aboard the crazy train.

I'll try to shut up about the hair color now, but I am very hopeful they have a reddish brown hair sample. Either BG's, or someone's they can tie him to.

I'm on the same train.
Maybe one witness saw BG close up and the other further away? Maybe one saw him in a serious mood before the attack and the other excited after the attack?
Wish I knew if either witness confirmed to LE that BG was the guy they saw and if he was still in the same clothing as in the released frame from the video?

Thanks for everybody’s responses! I agree that we don’t know all the possibilities on the how and why. I guess that’s part of my problem. I think I am mostly just frustrated with the state of this case. LE appears to have no idea who this guy is two years out. They constantly plead with the public for help, but give the public no information to consider. I have never understood why LE is withholding ALL information. I understand withholding some of it but I think it’s clear that LE’s strategy isn’t working. Let us help you, LE!

OK I’m going to throw this out there and see what y’all think because this has really been bugging me.
1) Four days after the murders someone comes to the police and says, “ I saw someone doing something and think that should be reported.” LE thinks the info is important enough to have a sketch artist sit down with this person and come up with a sketch. The sketch is of a young man with curly-ish hair on the thin side. For reason we don’t know, the public never sees this sketch until over two years later.
2) LE recovers Libby’s phone and finds that this bright young girl has videoed a man walking across the bridge toward the girls. The video is blurry and a bit out of focus but after observing only a few seconds of the video LE can presumably see easily (as can the public when they are allowed to see it over two years later) that this man on the bridge is a youngish rather thin man.
3) Just a few days later LE has a press conference where they release a picture of the BG and the audio clip. The guy is first a POI and then quickly becomes the suspect. The picture appears to show an older guy(50 give or take), a little overweight with a beer gut. LE’s description of BG reinforces what we see.
4) For the next two years tons of people on WS and the internet dissect this picture and info. The photo is distributed across the country by the media and flyers and posters are sent far and wide by the families. A sketch follows from witnesses. The guy looks a little younger but we get basically the same description from LE. We’re all looking for this older overweight guy with the beer gut, now with reddish blonde hair.
5) Remember, while we are all looking for the older beer gut guy, LE has the early sketch of the young thin guy and the video that appears to show a young thin guy. I feel sure they looked often at that video trying to discern clues.
6) In April LE has a press conference where they release the early sketch and state forcefully that that is the sketch of the killer. LE advises us all to forget about that first sketch they released two years prior. They also release a few seconds of video from the bridge that shows BG is thinner and younger.
My problem: I cannot understand how, for over two years, LE looking at that video showing a younger thinner BG, allowed and encouraged the public to think BG was this older overweight guy. Add to that the sketch they had from days after the murders and....I really don’t get it. When and if they catch this guy and Carter can explain to us why they did certain things, like he claims he can’t wait to do, this is the first thing I want answered.
7) No staff from any possible prosecuting office participated in the 4/22 presser.

You see, I think you have laid it out well in that list.

There is obviously something wrong. IDK what that might be.

But, the fact that no prosecutor has been front and center in this investigation for quite some time now is just a big, waving red flag to me....sticking out like a sore thumb.

Something is wrong.

I'm on the same train.
Maybe one witness saw BG close up and the other further away? Maybe one saw him in a serious mood before the attack and the other excited after the attack?
Wish I knew if either witness confirmed to LE that BG was the guy they saw and if he was still in the same clothing as in the released frame from the video?
I posted a link yesterday that basically said they used information from all resources to make that sketch. It's a composite, and I'm going to take a wild guess that it came from one witness (with lesser input from others, possibly), the video, and evidence from the CS. YBG appears to be from a single witness.

Let's say, for example, there was a reddish brown hair found at the CS. If the YBG witness didn't describe reddish brown hair, but the OBG witness did, that would likely move OBG sketch as priority. JMO

The big question is what changed their minds. We have no way of knowing, and I was willing to back up LE about the change until Carter said the killer will likely be a combination of both. I still support LE, but have put less importance into the sketches themselves.

The two sketches are just crazy and I was hoping such a drastic change meant LE was onto the person and wanted some final nails in the coffin. Now I am just confused and so curious to what happened to change it so completely!!

Looking at the sketch with fresh eyes, the major thing that stands out to me now is the hair ! That must have something to do with the "may appear younger" statement. This guy has thick hair and a totally non receded hairline. It really stands out on a male and absolutely could make him look younger than he is. It's also probably a notable feature of his and I bet he gets (or got) compliments on his "great hair".

YBG sketch hair is also kept up. It's shorter on the sides, looks styled - he cares about his appearance. That could be a clue to his mental status. I don't think he is loony or severely depressed as often personal care falters with psychological distress. This is why YBG is able to "hide in plain sight". He is probably attractive and clean cut and also a true psychopath, therefore he did not and does not feel great remorse and did not have a drastic emotional change after the murders or the PC designed to smoke him out. But I have a feeling he did try to alter himself physically just in case he was seen. With that kind of hair, a buzz cut would be a huge difference. Even a much shorter cut. Something that would be good for people to go back two years and try to remember who wanted a "summer cut" in February because it would be a memorable change.

I am also fascinated that the sketch is so detailed - is the inner corner of his right eye different on purpose? Does he really have heavy lids, a bigger arch to one eyebrow? How could anyone notice these little things casually? Also didn't he have a hoodie on? How did anyone notice his hair? Did he remove the hoodie when not on the bridge? Is the wavy thick hair a wig? Because if he has a receding hairline in real life, a thick head head of hair is a great disguise.

The chin is also huge, both my POIs have it, which means I am either a super sleuth (lol, doubtful) or it is more common than I realized! I do think the hair is more of a standout feature to the general public and a big clue to why he could look younger than he is.

Because that first sketch was was identified and cleared.

What blows it all to heck is ISP Carter saying later that the killer will be a combination of the two sketches.

THAT's what I can't understand and I wish LE would address!

Remember when LE released the 1st sketch and a few days later they said something similar to ignore the hat in the sketch.? So weird!

There is so much conjecture here. To me, a waste of time. Let's go back to the facts. There has been little to no activity from LE since April. I feel they have a suspect, who is probably incarcerated at this time. They cannot get to him because he has a lawyer and is charged with crimes in another state. We are all going to have to wait. Look back at crimes against women within a few hundred miles. Crimes of power, coercion. Look at the pics of BG., stocky, not tall, determined. He went in there to kill. I think he's in jail - for another crime. I don't think he cared if the targets were 13, 30 or 60. He had the urge. He waited like a hunter. My humble opinion.

7) No staff from any possible prosecuting office participated in the 4/22 presser.

But, the fact that no prosecutor has been front and center in this investigation for quite some time now is just a big, waving red flag to me....sticking out like a sore thumb.

Something is wrong.
I believe the prosecutor was in the PC at the 2 year mark in February. I wasn't impressed. I believe ISP Superintendent Carter's heart is in the right place, but his brain is not. Not a knock on his intelligence, but he is the leading ISP person and this can't be the only case he is briefed on nor the only one he briefs any higher state official - Attorney General, LtGov, Gov - on the status. I saw a couple of interviews by ISP 1st Sgt Holeman and he seems to handle them well. Why don't they let him do the press conference and maybe this will eliminate, or at least minimize, the confusion. I hope this is not an ego problem where the higher ups believe they have to show their face rather than those who know first hand what is going on.

In addition, I am all about the first sketch, no matter what was said about the second. The first sketch was worked on immediately by eye witnesses and FBI. The second sketch is like a child's drawing. I cannot even believe they would release it.

Something is wrong.

Thank you thank you thank you! For someone finally saying it!
Something IS wrong! Very very wrong! I don’t quite know what it is either but this entire investigation has been infused with it from the get go. Since we’re not privy to anything there’s no telling what it involves, but the “wrong” doesn’t seem to be going away any time soon.

if you can click the link, they described the hat and jacket worn in the above crime. They also were able to retrieve the outfit when they searched the suspect's dwelling. Now, I know it sounds crazy to think a perp would hang onto a "kill" outfit, but this guy is already nutso.

Remember when LE released the 1st sketch and a few days later they said something similar to ignore the hat in the sketch.? So weird!
Yeah, so the witness was close enough to notice he didn't have blue eyes, but couldn't give an accurate description of the hat?

Or they added the hat based on LE thinking he had on a hat from the video?

Last edited:
Thanks for everybody’s responses! I agree that we don’t know all the possibilities on the how and why. I guess that’s part of my problem. I think I am mostly just frustrated with the state of this case. LE appears to have no idea who this guy is two years out. They constantly plead with the public for help, but give the public no information to consider. I have never understood why LE is withholding ALL information. I understand withholding some of it but I think it’s clear that LE’s strategy isn’t working. Let us help you, LE!
They can’t give more information because they don’t have any, or it’s information they need to keep in order to prosecute after arrest. They don’t need the public to investigate, they need someone who personally knows BG, recognizes him from the video/audio, and calls in a tip. So the only public they need is someone who knows BG.

The reason for the change in sketch? IMO they reached a dead end and as LE on this case have said, no case is a cold case, they simply start from scratch. That’s it. They started over from scratch.

I don’t think they know who it is, I don’t think there is hidden meaning in any of the pressers, it’s simple. All they have is this video and audio (I’m not even confident they have dna of BG). So the one tip they need is someone who recognizes him and that knows he could have been in the area that day.

MOO

They can’t give more information because they don’t have any, or it’s information they need to keep in order to prosecute after arrest. They don’t need the public to investigate, they need someone who personally knows BG, recognizes him from the video/audio, and calls in a tip. So the only public they need is someone who knows BG.

MOO

RSBM

My thoughts exactly.

The reason for the change in sketch? IMO they reached a dead end and as LE on this case have said, no case is a cold case, they simply start from scratch. That’s it. They started over from scratch.

I don’t think they know who it is, I don’t think there is hidden meaning in any of the pressers, it’s simple. All they have is this video and audio (I’m not even confident they have dna of BG). So the one tip they need is someone who recognizes him and that knows he could have been in the area that day.

MOO
I think the only hidden meaning in the presser is, that's what an FBI profiler gave them . JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie