Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
And talk about circumstantial NON -evidence. If LE doesn’t have the pillow, the knife, the pants-so what? It is meaningless IMO.
Unless they have FD on tape putting that pillow in, and dumpster diver pulling exact same pillow out, maybe the finder could testify as to what he believed was on it....LR has the tapes showing FD dumping bags, along with the countless others who put their trash out that weekend. I just don’t see any additional, if any at all, evidentiary value here...so far.
I do not agree. Lots and lots of drug users/addicts testify for the state everyday in courtrooms throughout this country and people are convicted on that testimony. Besides, this fellow is NOT going to be the star of the show. What the state will do is lay an irrefutable evidentiary trail that leads to one conclusion-FD placed that knife in that garbage can on the day he murdered his wife. The jury will be told to use their common sense and consider the evidence presented in total. With the proper foundation, this testimony will be part of overwhelming evidence of guilt. This witness is just more corroboration of that guilt.

Please forgive my anger and disgust. I wish someone would get into FD face and ask (taunt) him by asking how he feels knowing he will no longer see his children/raise them, etc.. I would love for a reporter to push his buttons and see how he reacts. (even if it is just that... pushing his buttons)

she looks like a homeless person..him- just evil, and shorty without his tom cruise heels..ok, when he when he made bail, his legal team couldn't get him other clothes when they were at his house to get the other passports?? he walked out in his orange jumpsuit and the comfy jail black shoes..ha- karma!! he is so short compared to the guards! did we find out hall tall he is?..
I have to tell you...never underestimate the charm of a short Greek man. Don't underestimate anything. Back in the 90's I knew one who came to my work often and would always be at the dance clubs. Dressed to the nines like it was Saturday Night Fever. He had those same ears, a large Greek nose, very slender but muscular. All the girls were after him. The whole was greater than the sum of the parts. He was a fantastic dancer. We hung out together for a while. All the women at that time wore high heels. I don't think he was any taller than 5'4". He didn't seem to know it though. Ah, those were the days.

But didn't they give the grandmothers name to the next daughter? Its been awhile, sorry for this question as I know we have discussed it. I recall that FD said he wouldn't have anything to do with the child if it were named Cleopatra if I recall.

MOO
Right. So she was called a hyphenated name. I’m sure he had some serious pressure because of his decision and gave in with his last child.

I do not agree. Lots and lots of drug users/addicts testify for the state everyday in courtrooms throughout this country and people are convicted on that testimony. Besides, this fellow is NOT going to be the star of the show. What the state will do is lay an irrefutable evidentiary trail that leads to one conclusion-FD placed that knife in that garbage can on the day he murdered his wife. The jury will be told to use their common sense and consider the evidence presented in total. With the proper foundation, this testimony will be part of overwhelming evidence of guilt. This witness is just more corroboration of that guilt.
Yes, but aren't we expecting that the Albany path of "Fudge" will be on the infamous Hartford CCTV, so the jury will be able to see exactly what Fudge is describing. Would this visual be enough to overcome any issues with the fact that the witness allegedly has a substance abuse issue?

But didn't they give the grandmothers name to the next daughter? Its been awhile, sorry for this question as I know we have discussed it. I recall that FD said he wouldn't have anything to do with the child if it were named Cleopatra if I recall.

MOO
Yes they did. They named the last girl after her I believe they changed the letter from a C to a K or vice versa.

Right. So she was called a hyphenated name. I’m sure he had some serious pressure because of his decision and gave in with his last child.
Yes something like Cleo-Noelle or something. I remember JD saying she was her mini-me and she had fed her every single meal since she was born and that feeding her and rocking her every evening was the highlight of her day.

Yes, but aren't we expecting that the Albany path of "Fudge" will be on the infamous Hartford CCTV, so the jury will be able to see exactly what Fudge is describing. Would this visual be enough to overcome any issues with the fact that the witness allegedly has a substance abuse issue?
Didn't the news story say the police were looking for him because of what they saw on the video?

Didn't even know this case was on the radar of the NE! Buckle up as its from the early days of the case but has some interesting tidbits:

FBI Source Provides Details in Gut-Wrenching Case of Missing Mom Jennifer Dulos

If someone knows if this is non TOS (I don't know) please just report the post and ask mod to delete. NE and Radar aren't IME high quality sources but they have been first on stories that turn out to be true.

If you are triggered by NE as a source then please just scroll and roll.
Hmmm. Sure has some tidbits!

MOO
The youngest daughter (only singleton child) was given the name of FDs mother. This daughter has a double (hyphenated) first name (eg, X-Y). JD wrote on her blog that she would have liked the names to be reversed (give this daughter FDs mother’s name as the 2nd of the hyphenated first name, eg Y-X) but then FD said he would have had nothing to do with the child in that case. Completely controlling and not letting JD have any say.
(Using X and Y for names out of respect for the child and rules here)

ETA: also, FDs mother was still alive when the first girl (a twin) was born but she died (run over in driveway) before this X-Y girl was born. That might explain why they didn’t name the first girl after FDs mother and why they definitely did name this daughter after her.

Last edited:
Fudge is the drug dealer who the unnamed crack addict interviewed sold the knife to for $5. I don’t think it said anywhere that Fudge is on CCTV. The crack addict was on CCTV taking the bloody pillow and knife out of the trash. That’s what caused LE to track him down.
No word (yet- hoping) if Fudge has been found or IDd by LE, or the whereabouts of the knife.

Fudge is the drug dealer who the unnamed crack addict interviewed sold the knife to for $5. I don’t think it said anywhere that Fudge is on CCTV. The crack addict was on CCTV taking the bloody pillow and knife out of the trash. That’s what caused LE to track him down.
No word (yet- hoping) if Fudge has been found or IDd by LE, or the whereabouts of the knife.
Got it. I am going to go back to the article that describes the entire camera network and see if there is a map. My guess is that they didn't publish a map but I'm still curious.

Maybe Fudge can be protected long enough for him to testify. After that, I’m all for anything happening to him for selling drugs on the streets. Those people are killing our kids.

Yeah, the drug selling can’t be tolerated, which is why this whole episode of finding the knife is going to be a big problem. The guy who found the knife and traded it to “Fudge” for drugs has to decide if he really wants to give “Fudge” up, for several reasons. And “Fudge”, if he exists, obviously will deny knowing anything about the knife.

I have a friend who is a retired police captain from a rough neighborhood somewhere outside of NYC, and can confirm that the police know all of the usual inhabitants of Albany Ave-and if “Fudge” exists, they know exactly who he is, too.

With that top tier CCTV camera system, LE probably knows Fudge's daily schedule better than he does.

I look forward to the closeups of him admiring his new blade!

I was searching through the Greek/English newspaper and ran across this book review , "The Miracle: A True Story" by Leonida Koumakis.

The Miracle by Leonidas Koumakis 3rd English Edition - The National Herald

The reason it caught my eye is that it deals with the Greek minority situation in Turkey. I could never figure out how/why/when FD family went from Turkey (where he was born) to Greece. We asked the question earlier if he and his family were part of the Greek minority community in Turkey and fled to Athens. Its clear that FD identifies strongly with being Greek so I wondered what the family immigrations backstory is? Some interesting historical bits.

Quotes from article:

"The Miracle: A True Story by Leonidas Koumakis is a compelling memoir and history of what the Greek minority in Turkey that has endured from the end of the 19th century to the present day. As noted in the book’s description, “The purpose of this book is to communicate, through both historical evidence and personal experiences, the Turkish policy against Hellenism and beyond.”

"The first chapter opens with a poignant scene between the young Koumakis and his mother where she admonishes her son for speaking Greek in public in Constantinople in September 1964. The author then flashes back to four years earlier to tell the harrowing story of his uncle, a shopkeeper who was arrested and beaten for his store being open on a public holiday. Because his uncle had “plenty of gold,” he was able to post bail and then fled for his life to Smyrna and then to Chios".

"Koumakis himself and his immediate family also suffered intimidation and eventually left their home. Their property was confiscated except for a large trunk of clothes".

"The events of the Septemvriana, September 6, 1955, also highlight the effort to rid Turkey of its Greek minority population. The destruction of Greek-owned businesses and property was something very few of the Greek residents could recover from and many chose to leave rather than try to rebuild. Koumakis writes, “I still remember that appalling night as if it were yesterday; I remember being huddled in terror in a corner of the flat roof of our house, waiting for our turn to come. And indeed, at around 11 o’clock the night sky, already thick with smoke and fire wherever you looked, was suddenly filled with fearful cries of “death to the giaours [infidels]! Death to the giaours!”

"The family managed to survive that night, thanks to a neighbor’s intercession with the angry mob, but eventually, they were forced to leave their home. The miracle, which lends its name to the book’s title occurred a few years later as officials searched through the belongings, mostly clothes, they were allowed to take with them on their way to Greece."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prayerwarrior7174