OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think if you’ve already got it on your mind and a plan set up, that it’s “inspiring” to see other shootings and probably gets them excited to go through with their plans.
I’m so disgusted and heartbroken.
<modsnip - political>
Here’s to hoping we can end this epidemic in the coming generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayton Mayor conference live: 1:07 am, 27 people treated at hospital ten dead including shooter.

Shooter fired multiple rounds from a “long gun” was wearing body armor. used a “.233 high-capacity” gun, & had additional magazines on him.

Praise for police who killed shooter in less than a minute.

Oregon district will be open early afternoon.

Will take questions after a few others speak.

Level one trauma center: 12 patients already released. Others will undergo surgery later today.

Kettering health network received patients at 3 of its area hospitals. 3 patients serious condition, 3 fair, 3 discharged.

Mayor: Oregon district is one of the safest areas in the region.

Good shot by the cops, though. Heckuva performance under max pressure. They took this guy out within a minute. And he still killed nine. I stand ready to pillory the death merchants.

I wonder if the killer was from out of town? Seems if he was local, he would have known there was always a strong police presence in that neighborhood on a Saturday night.

The El Paso, TX domestic terrorist commuted in from Dallas.

James Fields, Jr., the killer who drove his car into protestors in Charlottesville, VA and who was from Maumee, OH drove all the way to Charlottesville to engage in his terrorist attack.

It's possible the Dayton terrorist came from elsewhere, too, but didn't research his target. Fortunately for others.

So much praise goes out to the Dayton police officers. This tragedy could have been exponentially worse.

Thinking of the first responders today. A difficult scene for sure.
I am so thankful that the police were there so quickly. In the Texas shooting, were there no armed guards/mall security near by? Also, did the Texas kid just stop and drive away?? I am so sad for America this morning.

So much praise goes out to the Dayton police officers. This tragedy could have been exponentially worse.

Thinking of the first responders today. A difficult scene for sure.

In recent times, they've been in the midst of the opiod crisis in this area. Unfortunately, they've seen a lot of untimely deaths in the last few years. :(

But mass murder likely isn't something they're used to dealing with on a regular basis. Good work by LE, they were well prepared and trained.

I would like to know why our society seems to be creating more narcissists, and psychopaths? Many of these mass shooters are younger in age.

Most seem to come from middle to upper class families. Commonly they are loners, misfits who do not get along with others. Often known as snitty putting others down in order to build themselves up. Thinking they are above all others, and much more intelligent. They feel they are blameless, and its always someone else's fault.

This goes much deeper than some targeted group.

Imo they are now leaving manifestos like the unibomber. Why? Imo, because they know long after they have murdered, and severely injured people their manifesto allows them to continue to create divisiveness which they know is tearing our country apart.

And sadly, IMO, so many fall for their evil games making them 'win' their wicked mind games far beyond when the mass shootings happen themselves.

Jmho

Last edited:
I would like to know why our society seems to be creating more narcissist, and psychopaths?

Most seem to come from middle to uper class families. Commonly they are loners, misfits who do not get along with others. Often known as snitty putting others down in order to build themselves up.

This goes much deeper than some targeted group.

Imo they are now leaving manifestos like the unibomber. Why? Imo, because they know long after they have murdered, and severely injured people their manifesto allows them to continue to create divisiveness which they know is tearing our country apart.

And sadly, IMO, so many fall for their evil games making them 'win' their wicked mind games far beyond the mass shootings themselves.

Jmho

Thanks to the internet and other means of mass communication, there are many of these people now. Their views have become mainstream and are discussed in daily conversation, in the news media.

Photo from the scene this morning

EBIPZ_0XoAAf3MV

Last edited:
I am so thankful that the police were there so quickly. In the Texas shooting, were there no armed guards/mall security near by? Also, did the Texas kid just stop and drive away?? I am so sad for America this morning.

The Oregon District as an arts and entertainment area is a very high profile part of the city. The area is always heavily patrolled due to large numbers of locals and tourists/visitors. During the mayor’s press conference it was stated that there were several officers in the immediate vicinity of the club.

I used to live in Ohio, live in an Indianapolis suburb now. While the city of Indianapolis has a high rate of crime, the “mile square” of downtown Indianapolis has the lowest crime rate. It’s the safest place to be in Indianapolis area. Because of tourism, convention business, etc. it is a high profile area like Oregon District and is heavily patrolled

I wonder if the killer was from out of town? Seems if he was local, he would have known there was always a strong police presence in that neighborhood on a Saturday night.

James Fields, Jr., the killer who drove his car into protestors in Charlottesville, VA and who was from Maumee, OH drove all the way to Charlottesville to engage in his terrorist attack.

It's possible the Dayton terrorist came from elsewhere, too, but didn't research his target. Fortunately for others.

It sure is possible. El Paso is also known as a very safe city.

I'm not sure he ever planned to enter the bar itself where he knew he could be trapped, and hemmed up inside.

I think he already knew there would be plenty of people who would be outside in this area enjoying the outside bars, and patio areas.

Jmho though.

I remember reading after one mass shooting (can’t remember which one, there have been so many) investigations revealed that the shooter had compiled a list of the worst shooting incidents and number of victims, ranked in order. His internet search history included names of the shooters and number of fatalities. Any doubt that he wanted to make the top of the list?

Wasn't that Adam Lanza? Adam Lanza’s Terrifying Online Life Revealed: Mass Shooting Spreadsheets, Columbine Collages, and Murder Tumblrs

I would like to know why our society seems to be creating more narcissists, and psychopaths? Many of these mass shooters are younger in age.

Overall violent crime is way down since the 70s/80s. "Using the FBI numbers, the violent crime rate fell 49% between 1993 and 2017. Using the BJS data, the rate fell 74% during that span." 5 facts about crime in the U.S.

It's not something about the younger generations being inherently evil or something. This particular crime is happening more often. There are several factors that might have contributed to that, which have been well discussed in the media. But an increase in narcissism/psychopathy rates in the population is likely not one of them.

But even so, the amount of mass shooters in the population is very small, as a percentage of total population. These crimes are just very high profile.

Could he have had a personal vendetta against the bar? Ned’s has a reputation for throwing people out when they misbehave. Just a thought.

Maybe he knew that there were would be a large concentration of people in the Oregon District. He was wearing body armor so maybe he thought he could take out a large number of people and escape, or maybe he thought he could take out the patrolling officers too.

According to this photo, he came close to getting inside the pub/bar. His body is just a couple feet from the open door. Warning, graphic.

Lex Holmes. on Twitter
There were early posts on Twitter that the bouncer kept him out of the bar, and there were praises for the bouncer along with praises for the police.

Unconfirmed, as the posts mentioning the bouncer were NOT from MSM. There were quite a few from though. FWIW MOO

Could he have had a personal vendetta against the bar? Ned’s has a reputation for throwing people out when they misbehave. Just a thought.

Maybe he knew that there were would be a large concentration of people in the Oregon District. He was wearing body armor so maybe he thought he could take out a large number of people and escape, or maybe he thought he could take out the patrolling officers too.

In one of the news stories, locals said that on Saturday nights like this people liked to congregate in large groups in the street outside the bars. Maybe the killer drove/walked around to the area with the biggest crowd.

There were early posts on Twitter that the bouncer kept him out of the bar, and there were praises for the bouncer along with praises for the police.

Unconfirmed, as the posts mentioning the bouncer were NOT from MSM. There were quite a few from though. FWIW MOO

If true, the bouncer was a hero. I hope he wasn't a victim. The guy had to have attracted a LOT of attention dressed in body armour and carrying an AR-15. I hope we find out the details of what happened, but, know Ohio, that may not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haor.org