TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an explanation of why there are more socially outcast kids. This is at the core of why the US has more mass shooting.

I am re-parenting a child who is currently almost 12 with a trauma and neglect history. This has led to deficits in his brain chemistry and I am working hard to NOT see a psychopath leave my home in 6 or 8 years.

We will see more trauma in US children, for even with great parenting the fear and hypervigilance these kids experience daily will leave them with altered brain chemistry. This can be overcome for most kids, but we will have kids with crappy parents, kids who live on the fringes of societal norms, kids with untreated mental health conditions, and these kids are prey to those who want to radicalize them behind some cause or other.

We no longer say hi to a bank teller as we bank online, we chat via text, cashiers have no time to chat so we 'self checkout' neighbourhoods are often no longer a place to play carefree. School has 'active shooter' and 'weather related' drills. We are raising a generation of non interactive, fear filled, anxiety ridden children.

The easy access to guns is not the cause of this, but it does exacerbate an already dangerous spiral.

I am constantly judged as being harsh because my child does not have internet access yet, I am hoping to make him safer in his choices first. I am the potential parent of a 'bad guy' and I know WHY he is behaving this way, but there are no clear answers on to HOW to prevent danger, only how to manage him in my home.

I am glad that at least guns aren't a problem because we are in the UK, but this kid can hurt others without one, just not in great numbers.

Right? So many of these strike me as envy murders. They can never enjoy what most people share...relationships, friendships, love... they hate people, they are so filled with rage, but they can't accept that they are the problem, so they find a "reason" to kill. Usually a movement they find online, and they join to experience belonging AND discharge all that (misdirected ) rage.
I 100% agree. It’s almost it’s as if it’s themselves they hate so much but they can’t take that and therefore take it out on others.

I was at a Burger King yesterday when I saw the news (CNN) on the tv there. They showed clips of a group of LE wearing fatigues with long guns, presumably to secure the scene after the shooting. It was a little surreal, because it looked like soldiers/military rather than local or civilian LE.

Does anyone know what agency this would have been? Do local LE wear fatigues?

I was referring to people blaming his "Iranian" and "radical islam" background.

I posted his grandpa's gravestone with clearly christian name and motif, and christian given names of his children and grandchildren. SWL was essentially white and christian.

I think that sometimes, people who commit mass murder in part due to their racist ideologies are insecure about their own ethnic identity, or hate the non-white parts of themselves. MOO

PC continued

He has been forthcoming with info and answered all questions asked
He was in vehicle when he surrendered
3 warrants have been served in Dallas area where shooter is from
They will seek DP and hate crime charges

ETA, then there was a bunch in Spanish and I have no idea what they said.

There is an explanation of why there are more socially outcast kids. This is at the core of why the US has more mass shooting.

I am re-parenting a child who is currently almost 12 with a trauma and neglect history. This has led to deficits in his brain chemistry and I am working hard to NOT see a psychopath leave my home in 6 or 8 years.

We will see more trauma in US children, for even with great parenting the fear and hypervigilance these kids experience daily will leave them with altered brain chemistry. This can be overcome for most kids, but we will have kids with crappy parents, kids who live on the fringes of societal norms, kids with untreated mental health conditions, and these kids are prey to those who want to radicalize them behind some cause or other.

We no longer say hi to a bank teller as we bank online, we chat via text, cashiers have no time to chat so we 'self checkout' neighbourhoods are often no longer a place to play carefree. School has 'active shooter' and 'weather related' drills. We are raising a generation of non interactive, fear filled, anxiety ridden children.

The easy access to guns is not the cause of this, but it does exacerbate an already dangerous spiral.

I am constantly judged as being harsh because my child does not have internet access yet, I am hoping to make him safer in his choices first. I am the potential parent of a 'bad guy' and I know WHY he is behaving this way, but there are no clear answers on to HOW to prevent danger, only how to manage him in my home.

I am glad that at least guns aren't a problem because we are in the UK, but this kid can hurt others without one, just not in great numbers.

I am glad you weighed in on this. Maybe related, maybe not. Over the last few years I've been verbal and horrified at some of the games I've observed my young nephews playing. And they're connecting with who only knows in these games.

Don’t remember seeing this posted but may have missed it:

Investigators ‘reasonably confident’ Texas suspect left anti-immigrant screed

Terrorism experts say that extremists who don’t know each other in real life are finding one another online and trying to “one up” the attacks.

The thrust of the message feels familiar to those used in pamphlets spread by the KKK and white nationalists during the 1970s, said James Cavanaugh, a former special agent-in-charge with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, but given new reach in the digital age.
“These guys can reach out to any soul on the internet and poison them,” he said. "It's digital hate."

Don’t remember seeing this posted but may have missed it:

Investigators ‘reasonably confident’ Texas suspect left anti-immigrant screed

Terrorism experts say that extremists who don’t know each other in real life are finding one another online and trying to “one up” the attacks.

The thrust of the message feels familiar to those used in pamphlets spread by the KKK and white nationalists during the 1970s, said James Cavanaugh, a former special agent-in-charge with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, but given new reach in the digital age.
“These guys can reach out to any soul on the internet and poison them,” he said. "It's digital hate."

Thanks for posting this -- it's a very useful article. One thing that struck me in reading this is the appeal to martyrology that has become more common in this and related crimes. This is a well-established strategy of terrorist groups, homegrown and external, and exerts a powerful pull on those who feel perhaps generally disenfranchised but have hitherto lacked a clear sense of mission.

Users on the 8chan forum where the note appeared frequently write about their belief in a coming race war, plus anti-immigrant, racist and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. White nationalist literature, slogans and images are mainstays. User posts on the message board following the incident referred to the suspect as a "martyr."

That this sense of mission can be imparted to those who have never met and may never meet other group members is profoundly worrying. You can't stake out a chan like you can a more traditional meeting place, and collecting and evaluating such intelligence is time-consuming and requires specialized skills. There must be large numbers of (usually) young men who have deep if often irrational grievances that have been for the most part personal, disconnected from a shared, convincing and workable ideology. They have that now.

This says it all. Appears to be another loner, insult collector, that decided to hurt as many innocent souls as he could before stopped because of his own shortcomings.

Crusius wrote on his LinkedIn page in 2015 that he was not motivated to do anything other than enough to get by.

Crusius said on that page that he attended Plano High School. Plano is located near Crusius’ family home in Allen, Texas, and is about 650 miles away from El Paso. Collin County Community College confirmed he attended their school through the spring of 2019.

He wrote in the About section of the LinkedIn page, “I’m not really motivated to do anything more than what’s necessary to get by. Working in general sucks, but I guess a career in Software Development suits me well. I spend about 8 hours every day on the computer so that counts as technology experience I guess. Pretty much gonna see what technology careers present themselves; go with the wind.”

When writing about his life in high school, Crusius said that he did not participate in extracurricular activities because of “lack of freedom.” A Facebook page that shows the suspect’s face as the profile image shows no biographical information or recent postings. On that page, Crusius has three visible friends.

Leigh Ann Locascio, a former neighbor, told the Los Angeles Times Crusius spoke negatively about students who joined the school band or played sports. He often sat alone on the bus in junior high and high school. He was “very much a loner, very stand-offish” and “didn’t interact a whole lot with anyone.”

Her son, Tony Locascio, often walked to school with Crusius and his sister, but Crusius often walked ahead of them or behind them and rarely interacted.

“He wouldn’t talk to people. No one really knew him,” Tony Locascio told the Los Angeles Times.

Jacob Wilson, a former classmate, told the newspaper Crusius was “picked on” in school because of the way he spoke and because he often wore hand-me-down clothes. He described him as a “very strong minded” person who tried to “take charge in class.” He was “irritable and had a short temper,” so other students did not want to work with Crusius, he told the newspaper.

Classmates taunting Crusius seemed relentless, he said.

“Every time I looked up in class it was someone new speaking negatively to the kid, ‘Patrick that is dumb, stupid,’” Wilson said.

Patrick Crusius: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
It’s interesting, isn’t it, that he went after Latinos because “they take all of our jobs” and yet he admitted on LinkedIn that he wasn’t motivated to do anything and hated to work. That is some kind of f’ed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch