TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article sheds light on the type of home the shooter/murderer grew up in. I'm still not giving the shooter/murderer a free pass for his actions despite his childhood. It also appears that the house shown on TV belongs to the shooters grandparents and the shooter/murderer has lived there for 2 yrs.

El Paso Walmart shooter Patrick Crusius' father penned book about his life of drug addiction | Daily Mail Online

PC and his fraternal twin sister EC were left to fend for themselves during Christmas of 2011, when they were only 13. Their mother had just abandoned them, and their father was a serious drug addict who was just arrested for stealing.

PC was ridiculed in school because of various issues, including hand-me-down clothes of his older brother. This information is from a few classmates who discussed him.

Then in March 2018, their home was sold, and they moved into their grandparents home. My hunch is that the grandparents share at least some of the views he put in the hasty manifesto.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t know one country could “sue” another country...(or at least I don’t think I knew that.)

Is there another example of this that anyone might know about? Tia.
US courts have given billions of dollars to 911 victims, but from countries like Iran that had no involvement.

Mexico would be stupid to sue for this type of incidents, because many more US tourists have died in their drug wars.

The handcuffing is part of police protocol. They even handcuff death row convicts after they are executed.

I never knew that. Interesting. Cuffed in death...I wonder why exactly?

—-

OMG, 8chan was right. I don't advise anyone going there though. There are things you can never unsee. I wanted to see if they were cheering the shooter, but they were not kind to him.

8chan Is a Megaphone for Gunmen. ‘Shut the Site Down,’ Says Its Creator.

“In recent months, 8chan has become a go-to resource for violent extremists. At least three mass shootings this year — including the mosque killings in Christchurch, New Zealand, and the synagogue shooting in Poway, Calif. — have been announced in advance on the site, often accompanied by racist writings that seem engineered to go viral on the internet.“

—-

8chan has become a meeting place for 'extremist hate.' The founder says it's time to shut it down

“After a third mass shooting in 2019 has been linked to the imageboard, even he wants it to end.

“Shut the site down,” Brennan told the New York Times on Sunday. “It’s not doing the world any good. It’s a complete negative to everybody except the users that are there. And you know what? It’s a negative to them, too. They just don’t realize it.”“

—-

El Paso Murder Spree Renews Spotlight on 8chan Online Forum
Patrick Crusius allegedly posted on the same message board as New Zealand mosque suspect

“The message board, known as 8chan, was founded in 2013 as a no-holds-barred bastion of unconstrained speech devoted to critiquing what its creator saw as the dominance of left-wing views in culture and politics. It is available on the open internet, though it is often blocked by corporate firewalls and isn’t indexed by Google’s search engine.”

——-

New York Times
Back-to-Back Bursts of Gun Violence in El Paso and Dayton Stun Country

It just hit me!
Loss prevention in the Walmart's around me, is at the entrance to the store, behind a locked metal door surrounded by brick walls.
With all the cameras Walmart uses in their stores, there was probably 1 or 2 people who sat in that office and watched the carnage on the screens as it happened.

Moo

Also, schools do vision and hearing screenings. What would happen if schools, starting with elementary, could do some sort of mandatory mental health screenings? Would it help the troubled loner students who do not act out or appear odd enough to be referred to a counselor?
I worked as a school counselor for many years and often referred students to a Licensed Professional Counselor who was on our campus and able to work with the child and family to offer more help than I could give. Unfortunately, some of the parents of students who needed help the most refused to let their child receive these services which were offered free to them! We sometimes had to file a petition with the courts and ask for the court to order the counseling for several students who were dealing with horrible situations (elementary age). In other situations, the parent agreed to their child seeing an LPC but they wouldn’t come in once a month to do a family session so the therapist couldn’t keep seeing the child. The child was also seen and under the care of a Psychiatrist during this time too. There is help out there but parents and guardians don’t always cooperate. Also, there have been cuts in Medicaid funding and it usually only pays for one counseling session a month for a child.

I never knew that. Interesting. Cuffed in death...I wonder why exactly?

—-

8chan Is a Megaphone for Gunmen. ‘Shut the Site Down,’ Says Its Creator.

“In recent months, 8chan has become a go-to resource for violent extremists. At least three mass shootings this year — including the mosque killings in Christchurch, New Zealand, and the synagogue shooting in Poway, Calif. — have been announced in advance on the site, often accompanied by racist writings that seem engineered to go viral on the internet.“

—-

8chan has become a meeting place for 'extremist hate.' The founder says it's time to shut it down

“After a third mass shooting in 2019 has been linked to the imageboard, even he wants it to end.

“Shut the site down,” Brennan told the New York Times on Sunday. “It’s not doing the world any good. It’s a complete negative to everybody except the users that are there. And you know what? It’s a negative to them, too. They just don’t realize it.”“

—-

El Paso Murder Spree Renews Spotlight on 8chan Online Forum
Patrick Crusius allegedly posted on the same message board as New Zealand mosque suspect

“The message board, known as 8chan, was founded in 2013 as a no-holds-barred bastion of unconstrained speech devoted to critiquing what its creator saw as the dominance of left-wing views in culture and politics. It is available on the open internet, though it is often blocked by corporate firewalls and isn’t indexed by Google’s search engine.”

——-

New York Times
Back-to-Back Bursts of Gun Violence in El Paso and Dayton Stun Country

8chan got some nasty stuff. I would never set foot on that site. It is known for having child *advertiser censored* and other vile stuff.

8chan got some nasty stuff. I would never set foot on that site. It is known for having child *advertiser censored* and other vile stuff.

I was feeling like an idiot for not being familiar with that site. I’m seeing there’s no reason to feel that way.

Disgusting and thank you for the warning. I almost went on there to see what the heck all this 4Chan business was about. Glad I saw this post. I know that there had been a warning by another poster that there are things that one can’t “un-see”...

Oh this world. So much beauty and light, yet so much darkness that exists....

My brain is just fried from contemplating all this stuff.

I’m of course sickened beyond belief every time this happens. We all are.

I’m sorry but there’s no answer IM0 on how to completely eradicate this. We are beyond the point of being able to control this. People have become too unpredictable and everything else. I can’t even discuss it anymore. I did warn last year that I anticipated this to be a VERY BAD YEAR for shootings. Hopefully this will be the last one, but yeah right, we all know it won’t be. Just makes me so sad.

Oh God. Pray for humanity. That’s all I’ve got to say. That’s my final conclusive statement on my analysis. It’s the new world folks. Sorry to say. It doesn’t mean that there isn’t goodness in this world because THERE IS.

Last edited:
El Paso Walmart shooter Patrick Crusius' father penned book about his life of drug addiction | Daily Mail Online

The therapist revealed that his drinking and drug-taking led his second wife initially to banish him to a separate quarter of the family home in Allen, Texas, and finally to divorce and kick him out the house when Patrick was 12-years-old.

‘In the last quarter of 2011, after many months of living alone upstairs my spouse of eighteen years knocked on the door and handed me divorce papers,’ Crusius Sr wrote.

Patrick Crusius's parents divorced.

Residents of the former Crusius family home, where the alleged shooter lived with his twin sister, older brother and parents before they divorced, said they bought the house from the family about 18 months ago, but had no personal contact with them. Property records show the house was sold in March 2018 for $385,000.

Divorce can have a negative impact on children. Patrick Crusius had history of substance abuse. That would have an impact. I know Christopher Watt's father had a history of substance abuse.

And he did hallucinogens.... mushrooms even, wow. That was in no way a healthy environment for children.
Not to mention how did it affect how he treated his children? This is bad, yet for some reason why am I not that surprised. I was actually thinking Meth or Crack cocaine? Keep in mind I’m a little behind on the drug scene though.

So, this killer could have had some sort of a predisposition, then combined with a very toxic parenting environment, equals....... IOW, nature and nurture.

I’m in no way making any excuses for the murderer. Still, when this kind of drug abuse is involved by a parent, then there was a high probability of child abuse as well. So how can there be no parental accountability? Idk, it doesn’t seem right to me. What do you think?

This is beyond sad and tragic.

It just hit me!
Loss prevention in the Walmart's around me, is at the entrance to the store, behind a locked metal door surrounded by brick walls.
With all the cameras Walmart uses in their stores, there was probably 1 or 2 people who sat in that office and watched the carnage on the screens as it happened.

Moo

I’ve read Walmart cut back on security staff at U.S stores to cut costs a few years ago so this doesn’t surprise me. I don’t think they will be willing to have armed guards at the entrances anytime soon. I’m in the U.K and have never been in a U.S Walmart but they own Asda supermarkets here. I suspect Walmart may face lawsuits in relation to this horrendous tragedy but I have no idea if they will be successful.

Aaron Katersky‏Verified account @AaronKatersky
El Paso shooter legally purchased the semiautomatic rifle used in the shooting that left 20 people dead. The gunman surrendered when he saw responding officers approach

9:14 AM - 4 Aug 2019

“It’s beginning to look more solidly like that is the case,” El Paso police said when asked whether the mass shooting was a hate crime. Suspect has cooperated, having already told investigators he wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible.

9:12 AM - 4 Aug 2019

The feds are “seriously considering” federal hate crimes and federal firearms charges for El Paso shooting suspect who also faces state capital murder charges

9:10 AM - 4 Aug 2019

After he was taken into custody the El Paso suspect told investigators he wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible sources tell @JoshMargolin and me. An assault style rifle similar to an AK-47 was recovered at the scene

8:01 PM - 3 Aug 2019

El Paso shooter wore cargo pants, ear protection eyewitness tells @ABCNewsRadio and was calm and confident “like he was on a mission”

1:24 PM - 3 Aug 2019

There is so much going on that I haven’t read all the comments so I don’t know if this was already covered. But
God bless the police officer. Putting the lives above their own personal safety. I have noticed at least one helping a victim who was bleeding with out gloves. To me that just speaks volumes.

I think first responders are great too, but, who wouldn't help a victim who was bleeding, even if they didn't have gloves? I certainly would as would everyone in my family. As would all of my friends, I would presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea