Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC during one of the several press conference iirc a question was asked about their route and the response from the RCMP Communications Officer was something about the focus at this time was looking toward their capture as opposed to looking back.

I can understand why because if their route was publicized SM would be rife with stories of “oh yeah I saw them, they were doing this or that” which in turn can cause alarm by rumours spread by people who half read the news stories but not the dates or intentionally thrive on creating SM frenzy. End result, unnecessary false sightings.

This is great. The ferry makes WAY more sense, faster, better on gas, etc. IRS, though I don't know where, that they were spotted in Yukon.

I've wondered if they burned the camper because it was covered in forensic evidence (like blood). That's the only scenario where it at least slightly could make sense for someone to come to that decision. Although I still think it was a monumentally stupid thing for them to do if they were trying to get away with it. A lot of suspects have been taken down by forensic evidence in their vehicle though so maybe if they were panicking they decided it was the best of several bad options.

Or if they weren't concerned about getting away with it and this was a suicide mission, it does seem like some kind of cinematic thing to do, in a way that would appeal to teenagers. Like "*advertiser censored** you, your hopes and dreams for us can burn, and guess what, we aren't who you thought we were at all."

I think they also might’ve thought it’d be assumed they perished in the fire, murdered by an unknown serial killer who was responsible for the other three murders. So they they fled east mistakingly believing they could start a new life all over again and nobody would ever notice. After all they were 18 and 19 year olds living in a small community, never having left home, who were obsessed with video games, stocking Walmart shelves overnight. Their world was very tiny IMO.

Just my personal thoughts but I grew up in BC, on the island too... After high school, I spent 12 years in Alberta, Sask and Manitoba and no, my 18 year old self would barely have even heard of Nelson River (other than high school geography class maybe) much less have a plan to escape from there. I lived in Winnipeg for 4 (long) years and never ventured much further north of that, so even living there, I really only knew the bottom 5% of the province.

I don't think these guys had a plan to end up where they did. Based on the sighting in Sask they probably just kept driving from there, got to The Pas, Manitoba saw a sign that said right to Winnipeg and left to Thompson and decided to avoid big city Winnipeg. JMO...

So then what is your opinion of where they may be or what happened to them?

I personally believe they are dead. IMO

P.S. I live in the northern USA and it gets very cold and snowy for 6 months of the year. Can’t imagine how it is up in those parts of Canada

It's not so much the fines, I was saying it more in relation to people in the USA who drive vehicles without insurance or drivers license. For the 2 boys to risk cops stopping them with Bryer at the wheel would be more problematic, than stopping them with Kam driving, in particular before their names and vehicle were known to the public. Meaning cops would be more alert to Bryer driving without license as compared to Kam just being giving a fine or speeding ticket an being allowed to go on their way.

We're talking about 2 fugitive killers. I don't think either of them is much concerned about getting a speeding ticket or a fine for driving without a license. JMO

Now, if you are talking about BEFORE they were suspects, that's different. In that case, they would be treated and fined the same as anybody else.

I think they also might’ve thought it’d be assumed they perished in the fire, murdered by an unknown serial killer who was responsible for the other three murders. So they they fled east mistakingly believing they could start a new life all over again and nobody would ever notice. After all they were 18 and 19 year olds living in a small community, never having left home, who were obsessed with video games, stocking Walmart shelves overnight. Their world was very tiny IMO.
Aw.... but not so tiny that they did not know burning would distract and delay the investigation.

IIRC during one of the several press conference iirc a question was asked about their route and the response from the RCMP Communications Officer was something about the focus at this time was looking toward their capture as opposed to looking back.

I can understand why because if their route was publicized SM would be rife with stories of “oh yeah I saw them, they were doing this or that” which in turn can cause alarm by rumours spread by people who half read the news stories but not the dates or intentionally thrive on creating SM frenzy. End result, unnecessary false sightings.

Like Copkid, I wondered about the ferry to Prince Rupert. One would think they'd save a lot of driving time taking that ferry, and the grandma did say she last heard from BS on the 13th or 14th of July. It's a little hard to believe that they'd already been to the Yukon and rejected it only one or two days after they left, especially if they took the south ferry routes from Nanaimo or Schwartz Bay, then drove through the lower mainland, the interior of B.C. and all the way to the Yukon, and looked for work in that time, with only one driver.

This whole story requires that everyone suspend a lot of disbelief. Maybe the secrecy is to protect witnesses along the way, given that these two are still on the loose until proven otherwise. Keeping the route secret has done nothing to prevent false sightings, with children being mistaken for 6'4" tall men. How long before every vehicle with Manitoba plates starts a flurry of reports?

My thoughts on Breyer not having a Driving License is likely because he couldn’t past the test. Plain and simple especially since he had a learning disability and attending a special school. Also, he would need someone over 25 yrs to drive with him while he had his Learners permit. That’s not to say he didn’t do back road driving in and around Port Alberni and if, this was somewhat planned, he would practice driving.
IMO

Yes, good point, it could be B wasn’t able to pass the Q&A Learners Licence test. I know somebody who did okay at public school but had to attempt the Q&A Learners test 5 times before they achieved a passing mark. Passing it is not always a piece of cake especially as many questions pertain to driving in large major centres including traffic patterns and signs, etc totally foreign to young people living in smaller places.

This is great. The ferry makes WAY more sense, faster, better on gas, etc. IRS, though I don't know where, that they were spotted in Yukon.

It would actually take longer and be more expensive... They would save about 11 hours of driving time but PA to Port Hardy is about 5 hours, plus wait for the ferry (they only run every couple of days) plus the actual ferry I think it's around 16 hours. Not to mention it would cost them around $800 for the vehicle and 2 passengers...

How would they go about that?
- Have a swamp sale?
- Go door to door like vacuum cleaners salesmen?
- Just walk around the neighborhood (wherever that is) and offer the suit to random people or 2nd hand store?
How do you think they would go about selling the suit for cash, Kubirai?
You are very late asking these questions. If they wanted to sell stuff, including their camper or the suite, they needed to do it before becoming fugitives.

Now they obviously can't, even if they are alive, and have split up, and have changed their looks, etc.

It would actually take longer and be more expensive... They would save about 11 hours of driving time but PA to Port Hardy is about 5 hours, plus wait for the ferry (they only run every couple of days) plus the actual ferry I think it's around 16 hours. Not to mention it would cost them around $800 for the vehicle and 2 passengers...

And they'd probably have to reserve. But to contact gran one or two days after leaving to report rejecting the Yukon? This would be the only believable explanation to gran, I would think.

Indeed, a murder suspect fugitive would not risk driving without a license for fear of heavy fine. Goes without saying o_O
Again, having one driver with valid license was relevant before they became fugitives. BS could have shown a "learner's permit" equivalent, if he was caught driving, as long as KM had full license.

"Herb Loomba, owner of the Redford Motel in Port Alberni, said the elder Schmegelsky stayed there about once a month while visiting his son, and he last saw the teen with his dad on his graduation day, wearing a nice suit."

bbm.

So the suit was for graduation. And there's a good chance he didn't even take it with him, in my view.

source: https://cfjctoday.com/2019/07/27/b-...nazi-is-more-fascinated-by-russia-dad-says-3/

@sandbar, was there a confirmed sighting in the Yukon? Can you provide a link please.

I don't know if this is reliable information or not, this article says that the BS's Grandma spoke to with him over the phone on July 14 with news. "Whitehorse had been disappointing so they were moving on." I would assume that if they had called from a cell phone, there may be a way to locate where the call originated based on the cell towers? Were they calling from Yukon or from somewhere else?
Path ‘killers’ took to murder sites

Aw.... but not so tiny that they did not know burning would distract and delay the investigation.

It depends on whether their truck was mechanically sound when it was torched or if it wasn’t, did they have their sights set on murdering the driver of a stolen vehicle and then immediately fleeing the area. The report discussed here awhile back of the possible witness in BC noting the two were seen hitchhiking in opposite directions is disturbing IMO. As it also appears they misled their families about arriving at Whitehorse, coming back in a few days when they hadn’t even arrived there (allegedly), intentional fabrication also points toward malicious criminal intent on their part. IMO

If they’re guilty of murdering L and C, what’s a second murder to them if it nets them a vehicle. Especially if one of the two committed those murders, maybe the other was then challenged to commit a murder, blood brothers and all. :(

It was after they were identified as suspects that a killing adventure changed into becoming wanted fugitives, something they didn’t plan. Same mistake as virtually all criminals - they never expect to get identified.

So then what is your opinion of where they may be or what happened to them?

I personally believe they are dead. IMO

P.S. I live in the northern USA and it gets very cold and snowy for 6 months of the year. Can’t imagine how it is up in those parts of Canada

I am from the United States but have lived in Canada for over the last decade.

I’m almost certain they are deceased!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member