Found Deceased CA - Derek Weidner, 25, Sonoma County Fairgrounds RV Park, Santa Rosa, 19 July 2019 *suicidal*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Derek Weidner, a 25-year-old male who is possibly suicidal. Derek is from Webster, Texas and was last seen on Friday evening, 7/19/19, around 10:00 pm at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds RV Park, 1500 Ashton Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA. Derek was in the Sonoma area doing electrical line work for a private company.

Derek is 6’3″ 290 lbs with brown eyes, black hair, heavy build with a beard.

On Saturday morning, 7/20/19, the missing person’s vehicle, a 2015 grey GMC Denali pickup, Illinois license plate #1242790B, was located at milepost marker 6.70, South Highway 101 in Hopland, CA.

An officer from CHP – Ukiah located the vehicle early Saturday morning but at the time there had not been a missing persons report filed.

Missing Man’s Vehicle Located in Hopland – Redheaded Blackbelt

67689554_10156394429417967_761486723644391424_n-458x900.jpg

I’ve lurked for years here, never posted, so not sure how much I can/should say. I know this family, friends with his mother. They have no leads. They are in agony and can’t get media to pick up the story. It’s such a sad thing.

As of Friday, Aug. 2, Derek Weidner, 25, of Webster, Texas, has been missing for 17 days.
The area where Mr. Weidner’s vehicle was located was searched numerous times by Search and Rescue utilizing ground troops, trained canines, air assets, and other personnel.
There was also a report on Facebook that Weidner had asked a Ukiah Friedman’s cashier about places to eat in Ukiah on Tuesday, July 16. “He seemed to be in good spirits. Told me he was from Texas here for work and was looking for a good place to eat.”
Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office reports Texas man still missing from Santa Rosa area – The Willits News

Keeping Derek and his family in my prayers. Sure wish they had more info to work with. So many beautiful places to see up there. Perhaps he got turned around and went off trail somewhere. MOO

I think they’ve determined that’s probably not the case. But I know the prayers are so appreciated and felt.

Hi all,
This is a friend of the extended family of mine. So far, SRPD has not uncovered anything and Sprint has yet to turn over phone records (despite a warrant). He was here in CA doing electrical work in the Sonoma County area, but his family is from out of state. They will be coming into CA next month. Any help is appreciated. Derek is 25, 6'2, 270lb with brown hair and brown eyes. Santa Rosa PD is the lead agency 707-543-3600.

Search for missing Santa Rosa man continues in Mendocino County – The Ukiah Daily Journal

Attachments

• weidner.jpg
    weidner.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 50
Ugh this is heartbreaking! So bothersome when adult males go missing and *because* they’re adult males they get less media and LE attention. So hopeful for a good outcome but my heart hurts for this family.

Bumping!
Unless there’s solid evidence or obvious reason to believe someone was suicidal, I think it’s so detrimental to these cases to label them as such before they’re found. After digging deeper into this case I do NOT think he committed suicide but rather I believe foul play is involved and I hope so much for answers and justice for this family!

Bumping!
Unless there’s solid evidence or obvious reason to believe someone was suicidal, I think it’s so detrimental to these cases to label them as such before they’re found. After digging deeper into this case I do NOT think he committed suicide but rather I believe foul play is involved and I hope so much for answers and justice for this family!

Agreed! I think the suicide label helped keep the media from picking up the story. When suicidal or not (he wasn’t) they should have run it anyway.

Missing: Derek Weidner. Please help us find him.

Run by Derek’s family, including his mother.

They didn’t get far with the phone records. It shows a phone call between 4-5 am from a girl that lasted 2 minutes but the girl says it was a butt-dial. The police seemed satisfied with this answer. SRPD have decided to quit investigating in light of no evidence.

Missing: Derek Weidner. Please help us find him.

Run by Derek’s family, including his mother.

They didn’t get far with the phone records. It shows a phone call between 4-5 am from a girl that lasted 2 minutes but the girl says it was a butt-dial. The police seemed satisfied with this answer. SRPD have decided to quit investigating in light of no evidence.

Who stay on the phone for 2 minutes after not hearing anything? Sounds fishy... You say hello a few times maybe listen if you can hear background noise but I can't see 2 minutes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back