GUILTY SC - Nevaeh Lashy Adams, 5, mother found murdered, Sumter, 5 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A 5-year-old is missing after her mother was found dead inside Lantana Apartments on Gamecock Village Court off Carolina Avenue around 6 p.m.

Police were called after a family member found 29-year-old Sharee Bradley’s body.

The missing girl, Nevaha Lashy Adams, is described as 4′ 3, around 50 lbs, and braided black hair with colored beads.

A suspect, Daunte Maurice Johnson, 28, who was seen fleeing the residence, is now in custody being charged with murder.

It is unclear if he has any information about the missing girl.

S.C. mother found dead, 5-year-old daughter missing

C5OHEX754RC7NEEY6I3XKEOTY4.jpeg

Sumter Police Dept. on Twitter
Nevada Adams, 5, missing after mother found killed earlier tonight. If you see her or know anything that could help officers call 911 immediately or contact SPD at (803) 436-2700.
EBQRqnrXkAEG9zH.jpg

10:48 PM - 5 Aug 2019

Sharee's Facebook: Sharee Bradley

@JerseyGirl, I think they have spelled her name incorrectly in that first article and it should be "Nevada."

Last edited:
Mother (found deceased) - Sharee Bradley
Daughter (missing) - Nevada Lashy Adams
Suspect (arrested) - Daunte Maurice Johnson

Is Johnson known to Sharee or Nevada? If so, what is the relationship? MOO

RSBM

@PommyMommy - there is a pic of Johnson in this news article:

Police: 5-year-old missing after mother found dead in apartment

Also, of note, I just noticed the pic of DMJ in this article is from Mecklenburg County SO. Mecklenburg is NC, Charlotte area. From this article :

Duante Maurice Johnson, 28, is a suspect and was seen leaving the area, but is now in custody. Johnson is being held at Sumter-Lee Detention Center and is being charged with murder. According to online records, Johnson was charged in Charlotte last year for violating a domestic violence protection order.

These articles have this poor child's name spelled so many different ways that I don't know what is correct. :/

Last edited:
Caroline Hecker on Twitter
28 y/o Daunte Johnson is charged with murder in the death of Sharee Bradley, the woman found dead inside her apartment in Sumter Monday night. Her 5 year old daughter, Nevaeh, is still missing. I’m told the search for her has expanded beyond the apartment complex. @wis10
10:44 AM - 6 Aug 2019

It hasn’t been confirmed how Bradley met Johnson, but I’m told he is not the father of missing Nevaeh, or the two other children. @wis10
10:46 AM - 6 Aug 2019

I’m told the scene of Bradley’s death was very violent, however an autopsy today will reveal the cause of death. Johnson was seen fleeing the scene and was later taken into custody. I’m also told she has two other children who are safe. @wis10
10:46 AM - 6 Aug 2019

I’ve been told murder suspect Daunte Johnson will not appear in front of a bond court judge today. Sumter Police are still working to file a murder warrant. Other charges could also be forthcoming. @wis10
1:09 PM - 6 Aug 2019

Search has shifted to recovery effort. :mad:

Sumter Police Department

The suspect, Daunte Maurice Johnson, 28, also known as Daunte Johnson, who is considered a transient, was seen fleeing the location. He was later located by police at a residence in a nearby neighborhood and taken into custody.

During the course of the interview, Johnson said he killed Bradley, with whom he was acquainted, and her daughter. He also provided information that could help police locate her.

He was already a suspect in a MO homicide :

Officers also are working to learn more about the suspect, who has a criminal record in other states and is a suspect in a Missouri homicide

Also, one interesting comment FWIW on the post from DJ.

ETA - added more info

Last edited:
Search has shifted to recovery effort. :mad:

Sumter Police Department
Oh no!!!
crying-hello-kitty.gif

Also from the link:

A preliminary investigation by the Sumter County Coroner’s Office determined Bradley had been dead for several hours before she was found. Based on the information gathered, police think Adams was killed during the same time frame as her mother.

Officers also are working to learn more about the suspect, who has a criminal record in other states and is a suspect in a Missouri homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back