Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 August 2019:

Missing Irish teen: Orang Asli community believes she is no longer in the surrounding jungle

Malay Mail spoke to some of the Orang Asli from the communities nearby who have joined the search for the 15-year-old who arrived here last Sunday for a two-week family holiday but went missing the following day.

One of the locals who only wants to be known as “Pak” said the surrounding jungle is their “playground” since they were born here and they know the place well.

Pak said there were two cases of missing persons before this around the resort and with the help of the locals, they managed to find both within 24 hours.

“It is Day Four now, impossible she is still here. Even if she fainted or anything untoward happened while she is lost... the police canine (K9) unit would have detected her scent.

“Furthermore, we ourselves searched all the difficult areas and showed the search team, the vicinity around the search zone where the terrain is difficult and dangerous,” Pak said while taking a break from the search this afternoon.

20190807AZ11.jpeg

Missing Irish teen: Orang Asli community believes she is no longer in the surrounding jungle | Malay Mail

Continued:

Another local who also wished to remain anonymous said if Nora Anne had wandered off she wouldn’t have gone too deep into the jungle as there was hilly terrain which would have made her feel weak after trekking for some time.

“Doesn’t make sense if she lost her way and continued hiking upwards to the hilly jungle area.

“If she is still around, she would be wandering near the 2km river down the hill or by the road side.

“So my point is the police have searched all the area around the hilly terrain, impossible for Nora Anne to keep moving up and down several times,” he said.

Another local also told Malay Mail the lax security at the resort could mean an unknown individual was in the area.

“There are no security guards at the The Dusun area or proper CCTV to watch the surroundings. There are also easy exits even if the main gate is locked.

“I was also told by the police on the particular day of the incident that the main gate was not locked. So it could be anyone coming in and out,” he said, adding that he hoped the police will now widen investigations into other possibilities.

missing_teen_search_070819e.jpg

The CCTV at the resort did not capture the image of the teen leaving the resort.

Missing Irish teen: Orang Asli community believes she is no longer in the surrounding jungle | Malay Mail

7 August 2019:

Additional 28 personnel now involved to help locate missing Irish girl

SEREMBAN: An additional 28 personnel from various agencies joined in the search-and-rescue operation on Wednesday (Aug 7) morning to locate the 15-year-old Irish girl missing at Pantai Hills near here since Sunday (Aug 4).

Nilai OCPD Supt Mohamad Nor Marzukee Besar said the total number of personnel involved in the exercise now stood at 206.

"We also have six sniffer dogs helping out in the search for Nora Anne Quoirin, " he said in an update to reporters.

There were also a team of four individuals who are helping out with an aerial search, using a drone.

As of Tuesday (Aug 6) night, the teams have re-combed a 10ha area near the resort where the family was staying to search for her.

Read more at Additional 28 personnel now involved to help locate missing Irish girl

9 minutes ago:

Nora Quoirin missing: Police not ruling out 'criminal element' after fingerprints found at resort where London teen went missing

Officers searching for Nora Quoirin initially said there were no signs of foul play over her disappearance from the Dusun eco-resort in southern Negeri Sembilan state on Sunday morning.

But deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said on Wednesday that a police forensic team was analysing fingerprints found in the resort.

He declined to give any further details, but said investigators are "not ruling out any possibility", including a criminal element.

He added that the case is still classified as a missing persons inquiry.

Police searching for Nora Quoirin 'not ruling out criminal element'

I tweeted the reporter about the time/PC and here is some further information:

Ooi Beng Cheang‏ @luxentX
Replying to @Helpthe_Missing

No sign of reporters filling updates yet from the press conference. I'm waiting for it.

Ooi Beng Cheang‏ @luxentX

search for #NoraQuoirin enters day 4. 206 personnel searching for her today, including K9 unit. Operations began at 7am. Divers have also been send to search the stream near the resort. Police will have the next press conference at 3PM

Ooi Beng Cheang on Twitter

(It's already 4pm there and this tweet was just sent so unsure of accuracy..)

9 minutes ago:

Nora Quoirin missing: Police not ruling out 'criminal element' after fingerprints found at resort where London teen went missing

Officers searching for Nora Quoirin initially said there were no signs of foul play over her disappearance from the Dusun eco-resort in southern Negeri Sembilan state on Sunday morning.

But deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said on Wednesday that a police forensic team was analysing fingerprints found in the resort.

He declined to give any further details, but said investigators are "not ruling out any possibility", including a criminal element.

He added that the case is still classified as a missing persons inquiry.

Police searching for Nora Quoirin 'not ruling out criminal element'

Hmm, it sounds as though they may end up backtracking on there being no criminal involvement.

Very worrying :(

Her grandfather, Sylvain Quoirin, said Nora "disappeared in extremely mysterious conditions since she was sleeping in the room with her sister and brother".

He added: "In the morning, the window was open and she had disappeared, whereas after an 18-hour flight and a seven-hour time difference you would sleep soundly and not go for a stroll at night," Mr Quoirin told AFP by phone from Venisy, in north-central France where he is the mayor.

"Everyone went to bed tired, and in the morning Nóra wasn't there."

The family had planned to stay for two weeks, he said, and Nóra was "absolutely not" in the habit of running off.

He said the search effort left him optimistic that she will be found.

Search for Nóra Quoirin in Malaysia enters fourth day

The anguished grandfather of missing British teenager Nora Quoirin, who disappeared in Malaysia on Sunday morning, says she is not in the habit of running off after police insisted she wasn't kidnapped.

Her grandfather Sylvain Quoirin has now said by phone from Venisy, in north-central France where he is the mayor: 'Nora disappeared in extremely mysterious conditions since she was sleeping in the room with her sister and brother.

Grandfather of missing British 15-year-old Nora Quoirin refuses to believe she walked away | Daily Mail Online

7 August 2019:

Former Northern Ireland police officer among those advising family of missing teenager, Nora Quoirin

Jim Gamble, who is the former chief executive of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, a police unit affiliated to the Serious Organised Crime Agency, was contacted for advice by a member of Nora's family.

Mr Gamble described the Quoirin family as feeling "devastated" and "anxious beyond belief" as searches for the 15-year-old continue.

The former police officer, who carried outside the scoping review into the disappearance of Madeline McCann, said there are three possibilities as to what has happened Nora including her walking off and getting lost, being harmed by someone or falling victim to an opportunistic abduction.

"Children go missing all the time and they generally and thankfully return home but that's kids going missing in proximity of their homes," said Mr Gamble, who is now the chief executive of the Ineqe Safeguarding Group.

Former Northern Ireland police officer among those advising family of missing teenager, Nora Quoirin

Continued:

"Ultimately, the cases of children go missing abroad are so rare that we tend to know the names of all of them.

"I have spoken with the family. The family are at the heart of this. They live in London, they were on holiday somewhere which borders a jungle. Whilst that can be fantastic for holiday, when something like this happens, it adds to the level of anxiety".

He said Malaysian police "need to consider" all three potential scenarios.

[...]

"They reached out and contacted me because I’m in Ireland and I've got experience of these types of cases. I will give them any advice I can while they are going through this time. I will do whatever I can for the family. She needs to get the attention that she needs until the situation is resolved".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member