Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not seen any statement from the hotel owners. Hum..

Based on the way they respond to negative reviews on trip advisor, I'd assume they are not impressed with this situation at ALL. MOO. On the other hand, this is their livelihood and if this turns out to be an accident (or not), they might be facing years of decline in guests.

If they lost the scent 100 yards out it tells me she either got in a car or was picked up and carried at that point.

The scent will be strong in the house as all her stuff is there. It’s going to get weaker the more in the open they go and 100 yards pretty much tells me they had very little to start as they would be scanning for a scent in the immediate area. It doesn’t mean she jumped in a car at 99 yards but within 100 yards of her last confirmed location (the cabin) there is nothing

It is now 18.10 in UK.

On our BBC Local News London at 18.30, her parents will be speaking for the first time on tv about their daughter's disappearance. Not sure if this will be linked elsewhere to other regional areas or the main national BBC news.

The scent will be strong in the house as all her stuff is there. It’s going to get weaker the more in the open they go and 100 yards pretty much tells me they had very little to start as they would be scanning for a scent in the immediate area. It doesn’t mean she jumped in a car at 99 yards but within 100 yards of her last confirmed location (the cabin) there is nothing

so that 100 yds could simply be her scent from walking IN to the house and being on the grounds saturday evening with her family. hmmm.

I’ve not seen any statement from the hotel owners. Hum..

A member of staff at The Dusun Hotel told The Sun Online today [August 5]: "The window was open but there is no way of telling whether it was opened from the inside or the outside.

"We searched our entire property yesterday and we are continuing to help police today. We pray she is safe.

"It is thick jungle around the hotel so the search is very difficult and very slow as we make our way through it."

Nora Quoirin's family believe 'vulnerable' Brit girl, 15, WAS snatched from Malaysia hotel room but cops insist case is 'not abduction'

____

In a statement on Facebook, the resort's owners said they were "extremely distressed and worried" and "pray for [Nora's] safety".

They said staff were working with police and had searched in the surrounding area from Sunday morning until 03:00 on Monday.

Jungle search for vulnerable holiday teen

In a statement posted online, the management of the Dusun resort said that hotel staff searched the 12 acre (48,562 square meter) property "all Sunday morning," before then joining the wider police search.

Nora Quoirin: Missing London teenager was abducted from Malaysian resort, parents say - CNN

Last edited:
It is now 18.10 in UK.

On our BBC Local News London at 18.30, her parents will be speaking for the first time on tv about their daughter's disappearance. Not sure if this will be linked elsewhere to other areas or the main national BBC channel.

oh! great! if anyone knows how to link this, it would be greatly appreciated. or even after. thanks so much in advance. :)

eta: if i find a live link, will post.

Last edited:
nora_anne_quoirin_graphics_07082019.jpg

Police insist missing Irish teen still in jungle, despite Orang Asli community claiming otherwise | Malay Mail
"SEREMBAN, Aug 7 — Investigators believe that missing Irish teenager with specials needs, Nora Anne Quoirin, 15, is still within the jungle vicinity despite claims by the Orang Asli community that she was no longer in the surrounding area, where search efforts are currently ongoing."
"Earlier this morning, Malay Mail spoke to several local villagers from the Orang Asli community who said the surrounding jungle is their "playground" since they were born here and they know the place well.

They claimed to have joined the police in their search and re convinced Nora Anne is no longer around the area, urging the police to widen the area of investigation.

One of the locals said there were two cases of missing persons prior to this, around the resort, and with the help of the locals, they managed to find both within 24 hours."

IMOO this is a headstrong LE.

Family says she didn’t walk off
Orang Asli community says they searched twice she is not on the compound
Fingerprints found

Statement from family welcoming their home land governments assistance.

LE days no footprint, wonder if they checked initially or where they so convinced she walked off they missed this?

Last edited:
so that 100 yds could simply be her scent from walking IN to the house and being on the grounds saturday evening with her family. hmmm.

It’s probably even less. They don’t give up when the scent goes weak but search the immediate area for a while until they pick it up again. 100 yards is nothing, so it suggests they had little or no scent to start with. I just wanted to point it out before we went down the route of measuring 100 yards from the window and deciding that’s where a car pulled up and kidnapped her

It’s probably even less. They don’t give up when the scent goes weak but search the immediate area for a while until they pick it up again. 100 yards is nothing, so it suggests they had little or no scent to start with. I just wanted to point it out before we went down the route of measuring 100 yards from the window and deciding that’s where a car pulled up and kidnapped her

yeah, speaking of which. Wonder if there were any tire tracks? No other guests heard anything? When was the last person at the resort awake that night?

Thank u for saying what I have been thinking in the back of my mind. This case is so unsettling in so many ways. With the parents wigging out on the media and their audacity at the thought of making a statement, I don’t feel very confident that Nora will be found. I am trying to put myself in the parents’ shoes but I don’t understand why this is the stance they are taking. I get they are dealing with a very horrendous situation but I am baffled.

If that photo of Nora & her mother was taken at the resort, I wonder what the situation was. Are there photos of the other two kids at the resort too with mom?

I’m really not trying to cast aspersions at the parents but a lot isn’t adding up.

As someone who personally has experienced my own child being abducted, catching them with my child later on, then having some people disbelieve me, some of whom I knew closely,(which is a cruel, cruel pain, I can tell you) because in their minds such things are so far fetched and hardly ever happen, I will always, always, err on the side of 'abduction is possible'. I know we have to be objective from all sides here, but just sticking my hand up above a very painful parapet to say that it does happen and being disbelieved is like a 2nd crime on top of the first. I guess my default now is innocent until evidence is overwhelming the opposite. JMO.

It's ok to say "there's a strange review over on Trip Advisor", but we can't link to/quote specific reviews as obviously they can't be validated!

I think there were reports of more than one 'strange' review on trip advisor but you have to dig back quite a way to find it (iirc from reading on here before).

I think there were reports of more than one 'strange' review on trip advisor but you have to dig back quite a way to find it (iirc from reading on here before).

That site is an eye opener even the good reviews speak of the owners.

Which by the way have not commented or even spoken. Jmho if my business was on the national news with a handicapped child missing, you can bet I’ll be telling the press we are doing everything we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle